It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Protesters Outraged Over Makeshift Razor-Wire Jail in Denver Warehouse :video:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
First I am going to make a comment about the free speech zones. They, as everything could go either way. It's like laws. A law is basically a line. Something which is created to be used for the good of the people. Over time things can change. People look for loopholes, good and bad ones.

As for free speech zones you have disruptions that get out of hand. For example you have groups like Code Pink disrupting congress. Is this freedom of speech or is this just a group interrupting an important meeting. Or for anybody who can't see things from the middle. Is this a group using their freedom of speech to interrupt an important meeting? Or is this a group abusing their freedom of speech to interrupt an important meeting? Are the really going to change anybodies minds? Are they looking for media attention?

It's just like this so called makeshift jail in Denver. Are the making it because the have a reason to believe they are going to need it. Or are they making it because they are about to lock you and everybody who thinks like you up?

As for the jail in Denver. With the way some of you guys think you better feel glad they are doing this makeshift jail and not digging a big hole.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Very funny, but expressing a point of view on ATS is not protesting so do away with that fantasy. If I were to attempt to protest in their fashion while posting on ATS, my screen would be full of freshly-flung-dung, and I assure you it is not.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by SectionEight]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I have a stupid question or two...

Why do they need razor wire for protester detainment? Wouldn't barbed wire be just as good or suffice?

I mean a protester could hurt himself or herself in the razor wire and isn't that a lawsuit since they only use that kind of wire around prisons, military bases, and actual jails that have to hold actual criminals?

Why would they need to install razor wire for a few hundred people?

So whats new on this so-called Denver jail?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Let`s see what corporation means in the dictionary.

1 a: a group of merchants or traders united in a trade guild b: the municipal authorities of a town or city
2: a body formed and authorized by law to act as a single person although constituted by one or more persons and legally endowed with various rights and duties including the capacity of succession
3: an association of employers and employees in a basic industry or of members of a profession organized as an organ of political representation in a corporative state
4: potbelly 1

Huuum, I don`t see it as being called a lifeless entity, do you? It states though, "merchants", "traders", and 2 seems to point out peron or persons, and 3 says employers and employees, now doesn`t that represent humans and not "lifeless entities"?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Denver defends secret jail built for DNC...www.9news.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
reply to post by GAOTU789

A peacefull assembly of townsfolk is not what these charades are. They are organized by extremist groups with agendas. The proper channels of getting regulations and laws passed through State and Federal legislation is too long and laborious a process for them, they want a shortcut and use protesting as a leverage, some may call it holding the system hostage for ransom. Give us our way or we will protest. The lackys on the street holding the signs have no idea why they are even there usually and only cling to rhetoric of the current what do I hate today theme to keep them there.

how about a "start thinking about the common people's interest or we'll vote mickey mouse into office and watch both parties squirm their way out of it." online internet campaign, will that warrant barbed wired cages also? this is the dnc convention, more than the interest of just one town, it's a national interest, so ya, there's gonna be people there from all over the country...some thinking of starting trouble, others just wanting to have a voice. and guess what, anyone from the city of denver could find themselve in one of those cages for just being at the wrong place, at the wrong time, just trying to walk to the store to buy a necessity!
so, no, I don't buy the idea that this is just for a bunch of hoodlums wanting to promote their own anarchist agenda, or that these people are just too lazy to go through the regular channels to get their voices heard....
I've written letters, spoken to gov't officials personally...guess what, overall, I have to say, the my words either went into one ear and out the other, or even worse, they were twisted around and I heard the same arguments being used to support something that actually went in the opposite direction that I was trying to get them to go...
there comes a point when the pen needs to be put down and the voices raised, just to get the attention that is deserving. cut away the ability of the people to voice them peaceably, well, then the only alternative they will be left with is voicing them violently!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Government, both local and national just love to think up strategies to minimise the impact of people who have a point of view different to their own.

There seems to be a rising trend in what I'm now going to call "protest management" where the idea is to marginalise the protesters by whatever means necessary, thereby rendering the protest and the point of the protest redundant.

Some of the assertions I've seen here are contrary to any kind of free speech, and has been rightly pointed out, belong in the "fascist" category.

BUT for those vociferous advocates of free speech, let's not forget one thing;
it no longer exists for a private citizen who has something derogatory to say about the PTB.

Think I'm joking?

Try airing what some would consider to be "subversive" views in a public place - see how long your freedom of speech lasts, thanks to the Patriot Act amongst others.

Freedom of speech now exists primarily to protect the media, and particularly the MSM, as evidenced every 4 years during election time.

Don't believe me?
Look at how many news sources run hit pieces on a candidate the established media, the corporations and the "elite" find threatening.

Then look at how many retractions are made.

"Protest Management" you read it here first

[edit on 18/8/2008 by budski]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
First I am going to make a comment about the free speech zones. They, as everything could go either way. It's like laws. A law is basically a line. Something which is created to be used for the good of the people. Over time things can change. People look for loopholes, good and bad ones.

And this is exactly were the Law draws the line:
Each & every Right has one & only one line...Rights include the inherent responsibility to not violate the Rights of others while you exercise yours. For example, people convicted under Due Process of Law for using a gun to commit a crime have abused the responsibility inherent in the 2nd Amendment, so part of the lawful sentence is to remove the offender's 2nd Amendment Right.

The line of the Law is that the offense must first be committed before taking the lawful consequences. I don't condone the protest groups that get violent or even disrupt others who are outside of their group (such as grabbing passersby & detain them to argue their views)...That runs contrary to the whole concept of "peaceful assembly" in the first place.

But the line of the law demands that the Right to Peaceful Assembly must remain intact as long as the assembly remains peaceful. History is already too full of examples where "peace officers" were the first to get violent...That's where the Rights of the People are violated.

Sure, let them build makeshift prisons to detain "unpeaceful" protesters...As only a precaution in case things get out of hand. If the protest goes without any incident, tear it down. The Bill of Rights does not prevent the authorities from taking preparations & precautions, but it must restrain them from violating peoples' Rights.

The Natural Rights of the People also includes:
"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Admittedly, small groups (a few hundred or so) don't have the manpower to do anything more than wind up abusing the inherent responsibility of their own Rights, but tens-of-thousands or millions at one time can accomplish this...This is the inherent fallacy of groups like the aforementioned Code Pink. They don't seem to understand or acknowledge that extremism is a sure route to staying too small to do any good.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
bush's granddaddy wanted a fascist usa and when his G.W took office in 2000 his granddaddy's dream was born and complete.all hail the nazi dictator .this wasnt the land of the free, it was the land of the stupid.thanks congress for being corupt and helping the criminals in the whitehouse achive there objectives mission accomplished!!!!!!lookout for the new SS they will be in denver

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Wasn't the race over for him the first year he decided to run?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
nazi america anyone? be carefull what u say and do, big brother is watching u.. i 'll have to look this up to see if i can find out some more details..

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by billybob

Yes, yet another right lifeless entities hide behind, your point is?

a group of people assembling to voice their will is not a lifeless entity.

corporations are.

funny you should be calling groups of people lifeless, while the thing they are being oppressed by IS a lifeless entity, namely, the CORPORATION of the united states of america.

1871, February 21: Congress Passes an Act to Provide a Government for the District of Columbia, also known as the Act of 1871 ( from yet unpublished book, "Pentimento: Freedom Revisited." As you will see when reading, just as much of my knowledge of the Trading with the Enemy Act came from Gene Schroder, et al. this, too, came from elsewhere -- from Lisa Guilian of Babel Magazine, whom I first "met" by way of an article by Patrick Bellringer. So, we cooperate as we study and learn the truth. C. E.)

With no constitutional authority to do so, Congress creates a separate form of government for the District of Columbia, a ten mile square parcel of land (see, Acts of the Forty-first Congress," Section 34, Session III, chapters 61 and 62).

The act -- passed when the country was weakened and financially depleted in the aftermath of the Civil War -- was a strategic move by foreign interests (international bankers) who were intent upon gaining a stranglehold on the coffers and neck of America.

Congress cut a deal with the international bankers (specifically Rothschilds of London) to incur a DEBT to said bankers. Because the bankers were not about to lend money to a floundering nation without serious stipulations, they devised a way to get their foot in the door of the United States.

The Act of 1871 formed a corporation called THE UNITED STATES. The corporation, OWNED by foreign interests, moved in and shoved the original Constitution into a dustbin. With the Act of 1871, the organic Constitution was defaced -- in effect vandalized and sabotage -- when the title was capitalized and the word "for" was changed to "of" in the title.

CORP USA

that's what 'you' are 'hiding behind'.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Makes sense that they set up this makeshift prison. Better to be prepared. Remeber 1968 DNC convention? Rember those riots? Over 500 people were arrested. Dont you think it is smart to be prepared.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

and you know the government will have shills and agents in the crowds trying to start violence....i see it all the time

sad stratgey...the government has no limits on it's evil ways in my opinion

there are videos with proof of that.

anyways we still need to do something about it and much love to the people who try..

www.kucinich.us...
www.nesara.us...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
For those here saying that protesting does not work, I refer you to the end of Operation Desert Storm. It is notable that one of the reasons why we did not go full stream on into Iraq then was due to the polarized outcry from the destruction caused on the Highway Of Death leading out of Kuwait. Had there not been a rise against the destruction, we would have continued north without a cease-fire order and the operations of today would be offset by more than a decade past.

As to the Denver Detention area, I agree that this is very likely to be misused against those who would want to protest their opinion in an open and public forum. I do understand that in many cases peaceful protesting leads to violence and has become the grounds for the mentality that protest must equal violence, hence guilty before proven innocent and prepare for the worst case scenario. There are also a small amount of individuals that always use these gatherings to escalate them to violent potential, thereby making the mass guilty by association.

Even so, I still dont thin it is a good idea to set up a special detention center "under cover of secrecy" in advance. The news report stated that they scheduled a tour in coming days. I wonder if they had that planned before this made the MSM, or just admended it in after the news hit the wire?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Under your definition, Martin Luther King and his followers would not have the right to assemble. Under your definition, the so called founding fathers would not have had the right to protest over England's treatment of the colonies. They too had agenda's like the protesters of today. They knew that the establishment know as government was corrupt and doing harm to the people.
I don't care which side of the fence you stand on, be it Lib/Con. it is well known that our government does not serve the people, it cow toe's to corporate entities. By definition when your government answers to corporations and religious affiliations that is fascism.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wow, isn't denver the site of the Democratic national convention???

Are they doing the same thing in the city where the Republican convention is going to take place?

I thought the liberals were tolerant of demonstrations and other kum-by-ya moments.......

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by GAOTU789

My opinion is that the Bill of rights applies to all citizens but the extremist groups, be they left or right, are using this to hide behind.

so who then decides who's views are "extremist" and who's views are not? You seem to be missing the point of the first amendment 100%.

What is "extremist" to you may be 100% normal to me. I think your voicing an extremist opinion see: fascism.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You better get used to playing by their rules.... Communism, modeled around China is on the way to a "New World Order". The rich and powerful have found a new way to get richer and more powerful! We need another Boston Tea Party before they start killing us off. Power in numbers people!! We go to Washington, or we surrender. You make the call....

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I believe it is located near Steele Street and 38th Ave.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join