It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Spend and We Pay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
First "They" (Congress) spend our money.. OUR MONEY.. and now they want to tax us to pay it back...

Disgusting...

(CNSNews.com) – D.C. Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton, who can vote in congressional committees but not on final legislation, told CNSNews.com that raising taxes is “on the table” as a means to pay for the $7 trillion Social Security budget shortfall.

“The federal government for years has been borrowing the surpluses in the Social Security trust funds and other similar funds and using them to finance federal government costs which has created $7 trillion in unfunded liabilities," it said.

CNS News

Of course I LOVE the partisan Bull that was thrown in..

“We know that [privatization] drives -- takes away money from Social Security, but everything else is on the table."

Same Source

Of course what "They Know" is that is a COMPLETE LIE..

But as they have no problem borrowing (Stealing) our money to pay for "their" programs, why would it bother them to lie about Privatization?

I also doubt their sincerity as Congress is not "in" the Social Security Program, this is all about votes and nothing about us...

Semper

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
So we aren't allowed to privatize it and exert our own control over our own money, but to pay for the money we have to beg to get back, they're going to raise our taxes even more?

Thanks, U.S. Congress. Spending our money for us since the late 1930's.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
So we aren't allowed to privatize it and exert our own control over our own money, but to pay for the money we have to beg to get back, they're going to raise our taxes even more?

Thanks, U.S. Congress. Spending our money for us since the late 1930's.

On the other side I would not want to pay for a $20,000,000.00 a year salary for the executives...

IMO Social sucurity should be in a fund that is not accessible by the government.

Also would you like to paying for the advertising that these private companies would be
unleashing in order to build and promote competition? Study groups, lawyers $6,000,000 a month leases. Vacation packages, bonuses, cigars, greasing up vacations,
give away, law suits, lawyer, psychologists, analysts, new technical infrastructure, IT , New data collection...

Corporations main concern is to make money, retain money and to cut costs were ever possible! If the money is our money why would we subject it to being spent on a ton of ?????????????????

A CEO gets paid regardless of performance...

I think this would be opening up pandora's box.

I mean the LAUSD ( LAs school district ) privatized payroll and the like = A huge disaster!!! Loss of $100,000,000.00 + so far,,, I mean everything has gone horribly wrong... And this is on a small scale - Same concept...

Finally look at the FANTASTIC job the Federal Reserve has done!

Anyhow I am entitled to my opinion... This is how I see it.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by mental modulator]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I love how spending works with politicians and their lobbyists.

In order to increase funding, there needs to be some sort of failure.

If the teachers are failing to teach, give them more money.

If the social system is failing, give it more money.

If the IRS is failing to collect, give it more money.

If law enforcement is failing to enforce, give it more money.

If the medical system fails, give it more money.

and so on

But...

If the economy fails, raise taxes.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I just love working 40 hours plus a week and paying nearly a quater to the goverment, I just love how the goverment claim tens of thousands of pounds of our money back because they had to take a chopper to harrods to buy a paper and to get there houses kitted out with the latest stuff from john lewis, I just love it when the goverment go on about global warming and tax us to the hilt on petrol tell us to buy smaller engined cars when they are driving about in 4.0 litre jags poncing about with cigars and ruffle shirts, I love it when the goverment built the milennium dome, I love it when i pay 140 a month for council tax when theres only 1 fire every year, the police dont want to know and the bin men dont want to take your bin away, and the thing I love the very most ever ever ever in the whole wide world is when a relitave dies and they have to pay tax on whatever they own.

its just great I love it so much and as from next month im giving the goverment half no all of my wages.

ha ha ha mr brown and co at least you cant tax me on my 2 cents

[edit on 8/27/2008 by altered_states]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm a Republican and I voted for Ron Paul. I also used to be a Libertarian, and I'm seriously thinking about reverting.

I think the reason he was not voted in was definitely because he supports a strong interpretation of the Constitution, and Americans today are patsy pushover wimps with no backbones and don't deserve their freedom... That's why it's being taken away from them by the Neo-cons.

I have an answer to our national debt, too. Write in Ron Paul. Watch him expose the truth. Take all of our gold back from the Rothchilds, Rockefellers, Morgans, Chases, Stanleys, and World Banks; And charge them all with treason or conspiracies against humanity, and have them hung (like we did Saddam Hussein). World Peace, Economy, and problem solved.

Why did we go in debt $4,000,000,000,000+ to the world banks while doing practically nothing about world terrorism (there's more terrorists), instead of just fixing the real problem, which is getting rid of those rich pigs that started it (the real terrorists). We could have solved world hunger, world health, world peace, and world education for that amount of money.

We can allow these roughly 1000 people to enslave the World, or we, the 6.7 billion people of the world (that they don't care about) can take care of that zit on the face of the world, and haul them all to court and sue them for everything they have (which is all the world's money). They fear us, because we're righteous, and they know that we know that they've been starting wars for centuries. We have all the evidence we need. Let's get some justice! And, write laws against this stuff happening again. It's OUR GOLD they STOLE!

I mean, come on, how gullible are you? Are you a man or are you a mouse?

"America the Suckers"

new topics

top topics

join