It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if *you* were on a First Contact team?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Me, a regular Joe looking around feeling out of place with all these experienced and highly trained personel, would subtley say to myself: "Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?"

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Thank you for the answers, but please insist on an actual acceptance or rejection of the hypthetical sports car ride offer just as it is stated. It is a carefully designed trap, and sidestepping should not be allowed.

It does not need to acutally show up for the offer. But I wish to know if it "Would" accept such an offer.

I would jump at a ride in the lin. But I am a suicidally wreckless short live human.

Not making inquiry about who I meant, with the question about the violent visitors was a logical error. No matter how brilliant and advanced, you cannot know with certainty the absence of the existence of a threat.

You must always consider the potential of a new rival's existence, especially if you are long lived. Of course they should show doubt that the rival could exist and would be repelled by us. But further inquiry would be a necessity.

You need to develop the backstory further and only reveal about 10 percent of it, the consistancey will form a recognizable pattern. New material will fit more consistantly and the whole story will appear more credible. Very imaginative but they need more emotional depth. If you are not compelled, you are not compelling. Leading characters should be compelling.

<< 1  2   >>

join