It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What if *you* were on a First Contact team?

page: 2
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Skipper1975 asks:

"i would ask them if they could please help us remove the dark cabal that controls planet earth."

They are in fact here to assist us with that however, we have to agree to help them as well. And they anticipate resistance among many human beings. And that is in issue that would have to be dealt with first.

In my opinion, their answer comes across as being creepy however, it is human nature to view it as such even if that isn't the intention. So it's to early to tell.

yeebsy states:

"The fact that you have studied this entity in quite a bit of detail and the fact that he had met astronauts I think I would be on the 3rd contact team."

Although the astronauts were the first to come into contact with them, they are considered contact team zero. Like the WTC and Hiroshima are ground zero.

I am the leader of the first contact team and each of you were seleted by me to participate on my team.

The federal quarantine and the microchip assure that none of you do not create an authorized second contact team.

(Although some of you assume you refused the microchip, the storyline assumes you did accept it. I'm not going to make a big deal about it. Why spoil a smooth flowing thread???)

1Veritas asks:

"One question if I may. You say that the aliens measure time Astrological units, From what I can find this is just another way to say astronomical units. Now my question is why would aliens from elsewhere in the universe use a measurement based on the distance from earth to the sun? Or am I just missing something here?"

I intended to say astroNOMICAL, LOGICAL. I studied astrology as a teenager and sometimes I slip up like that. The Tripidions lost their original solar system to the natural process of their resident star's evolution into a black hole. Wow, that was a mouth full. Everybody still with me? Anyway, that event occurred BILLIONS of years ago. I'm not sure if thats our years or theirs but in this instance, I don't think that matters much. Their base measurement is from their former solar system current black hole to the next closest black hole to them. From that, they divide and multiply the distance in multiples of three. In effect, their one is our three. Or something like that? Don't we have anyone here with a doctorate in math?

theRiverGoddess states:

"this thread should be in the CREATIVE WRITING forum as there is NO conspiracy in the OP's imagined & made up prose."

Good point. My apologies to the mods who somehow are able to manage this massive board. Hats off to all of them and thanks!!! (Hey, you don't get to be head of the space alien first contact team without doing alittle brown nosing!)

IncarnAngel asks:

"do these creatures have any ESP qualities? If so can they communicat with mediums? Unless they have learnt English and other laungages. Or do they have like a translator box of some kind."

ESP? ESP by whose standards, ours or theirs? Their entire sensory system makes human beings look, for lack of a better word, retarded. For example, let's say we have a very good human liar. Liar A can fool anyone all the time. Well, liar A, meet a Tripidion. Fool that 3 armed, 3 legged, 3 eyed, 3 eared freak, ball jointed freak! Let's see you not get even acutely anxious in front of a Tripidion audience. Dogs have been known to pick up on an unknown scent just before their master has an epileptic episode. A Tripidion would probably pick up that scent like a potent fart. They would probably be able to identify exactly what part of the body is releasing the scent. As such, a Tripidion could pick up a humans twitch or pick up a scent emitted when he is anxious. How does a human being trip up a super sensory being? Super sensory on our level of understanding. So, understanding this longgated explanation, they can tell when we are lying. To us, it may seem as if they can read the truth right out of our minds. To them, it's as easy as smelling a nasty fart.ESP is all in your head, heh heh.

".....I am guessing communication is not very simple as you don't know if the three sexes stay together or not......"

They have little problem understanding us, or so it appears. Their senses, their wider range of speech capabilities..., their only problem is how to dumb to down to a level that we as human being can comprehend. It's like this, we have some people that like to "goo goo gah gah" a baby. Other people want o crawl out of their skin when they witness that because they don't believe "goo goo, gah gah" has any real benefit to the babies speech development. The Tripidions have challange with this. It is simply not engrained in them to act ridiculous yet, by their standards, they have to dumb down the communication with us or to us, it will sound like complex gibberish.

".....Do they lay eggs or are the creatures able to give birth?....."

Within minutes after birth, their new born are walking. However, speech is learned post birth.

NephraTari asks:

"what drew their attention to our planet and what prompted them to let us know they were here?"

In battle, their rivals lost this part of the galaxy to them. It took over one million years to cover all of the new gained inter stellar territory. When they found earth, there was life on it but there was not a single human. The Tripidion advised that their rivals are in a position to retake the lost space. And that includes OUR space. So they require our cooperation for their sake and for ours.

InfaRedMan asks:

"how did everything come from nothing? Was there ever a 'nothing'? Is nothing a something? How many zero's does it take to make a 1?"

This is how it was explained, an atheist assumes he does not believe. But atheism is a belief. Think of atheism as nothing. And a religion is something. So how do you get something from nothing? As it was explained, nothing IS something. And from that something, creation and evolution become possible. It went on to explain what I call "the wrap around theory." Every year in professional sports, how is it that the worst team in the league almost always creates a strong challange to the best team in the league? It's because everything goes in a complete circle. Don't rank the teams on a straight line. Rank them on a circle and understand there is a constant, unstable, overlapping effect. From their point of view, our ability to analyze suffers from lack. Lack of what? The "what", I assume, is in the super sensory realm.




posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
(continued)

As comedy, I related your 0/1 question. The Tripidion answered. I was challanged to define a zero. Easy. Let's say I have 4 John Madden games. 2007, 2006, 2005, and 2004 releases. I'm looking at it. It's right here. I then remove them. I give them away. Now four different people have John Madden games. And I have none. I have zero. That is an example of zero. It argued. In a world with MILLIONS of John Madden games, it was entertained with the idea that I did not have access to one. I know all of these people with the game. I can purchase the game. Therefore, my theory of zero is an incorrect perception.

Further, I could create the game from my perceived nothing. I explained there is no way I could create that game. I don't have the rights to it. The knowledge, the software. I have none of the things required to create it.

The Tripidion disagreed. I have access to all these things. I am simply making a decision not to create. Not to learn. Not to gather the required materials. I have made a decision to cease my evolution. The theory of zero was created by man. We've been living by it ever since it's creation. And it's creation is wrong.

Then I thought I had this thing. I stated, "But your original world is gone." It disagreed. Their original planet was mutilated into trillions upon trillions of nanocronic pieces. Those pieces spread out across the universe. As space faring inhabitants of this universe, they still have access to those pieces.

I started to realize that I didn't have the sensory based capabilities to understand this issue like a Tripidion. However, I regarded this as a peep hole and it is a certainly unique way to perceive the theory.

Lethil states:

"why are you here?"

They have come to protect us. And to protect themselves.

".....how did you find us?....."

They won this part of the galaxy in a battle with their rival before there were humans on earth.

".....whats the meaning of the universe?....."

Just as there are planets in a solar system, solar systems in a galaxy, and galaxies in a universe, there are many universes in our dimension. And there are many dimensions. And beyond those dimensions, there is more. When you follow it on a circle instead of a line, there is more and more and more.

In all of that, there is a blurry area. What we humans would consider the top and the bottom of the line. The bottom of the line being the smallest micron. The top of the line being whatever all that more stuff is about.

You fuse the bottom and top of the line together and you have this small, middle area. That area completes the wrap around theory. In that area, the most basic becomes mighty and the most mighty becomes challanged, sometimes in victory, sometimes in defeat.

So if these are hostile beings, maybe there is hope for us. I didn't mention that. But with their supreme senses, the Tripidion most likely realized my thoughts before I did. Which to me would be ESP, to them, a fart. All connected. All on this circle what we call a line.

In regards to your desire to have intercourse with them, they have three sexes. Personally, I am leary of that B sex. And the fact that the C sex can benefit from a biological abortion AND it's body consumes the abortion in some fashion? No thank you. That leaves the A sex. FYI, thats the one that releases the sperm.

kcfusion states:

"I would be a civilian taking the role of a Dj, hopefully."

With their wider range of vocal cords and the fact that they don't have to stop vocalizing to take a breath, their voice is incredible. Like candy to your ears. However, they hit hit notes higher then humans can hear. And some of their notes are not pleasent at all. Painful, actually. I mean on a physical level.

Crabmeat states:

"If however I was randomly selected, meaning abducted, into being a first contactee, I'd sh*t myself,"

Thats exactly what the astronauts did. The zero contact team. Read my story on this thread. I need to find the time to finish it.

*ATS* Zero Contact Team *ATS*

Dragonfly79 asks:

"what ticks them off"

I'm not sure at this stage. But you have to be pretty anal to fight a "rival" for millions of years. I don't think we are capable of threatening them. I mean, we could probably shoot one and see what happens but I really don't think that would be a good idea.

....."I would ask them about their religion, philosophy, how they believe the universe came to be......"

Just as we believe in a creator, so do they. Just between us, I hope it's the same creator. If it isn't, this could get complicated. As if it already isn't.

I will look into their philosophy. They certainly have a strong will to survive, protect, make partnerships or whatever their three some thing is called. And reach out. If you ask them how the universe was created, they get into the wrap around theory and such. We touched on that alittle bit already.

....."I'd like to know what kind of threatening capabilities are we talking about?....."

At this early stage, I would prefer they volunteer that information. I may bring it up later if they don't donate it after some time.

Quazi176 states:

"Sounds to me the OP is setting up his character species background in the new game coming out SPORE ."

Spore enhanced my desire to build this story. But I have floated the idea for years. Back in the early 1990s, I had a story idea about terrorists flying 10 airplanes into 10 NFL stadiums. Somehow, now, I don't think that story would fly. I have another idea about a war between China and the USA; its a WWIII story. The way it's looking, if I am going to do a WWIII story, I better hurry up before WWIII beats me to it!

.....""What do you eat and do I look tasty?" Also, take note if it has claws or sharp teeth......"

Awesome question. The food they prefer isn't available on earth. Our food lacks their nutritional requirements and theirs would be near toxic for us. They can eat our food but it is of little use. They aren't snackers as we perceive snacking.

They are not interested in eating us. However, their rivals can eat things as hard as rocks. I'm not sure if that is intended as a curve ball threat or if I am just being human. They do not have claws. However, the flexibility in their fingers and toes is freakish. Imagine having multiple joints on each finger, 10 - 20...



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
... and each joint can swivel. Enough said. As for teeth, they have 3 holes on their face. One for inhaling, they don't exhale. I guess I can compare that to a vacuum cleaner??? One is for talking. Let me tell you, since they don't have to take a breath, they really tend to talk up a storm! And with the detail they give, you can start to drown in it quick. The other hole is for stuffing food in. It's triangle shaped with rounded edges. There appear to be teeth or a variation of but I haven't had a good look yet. Three sets of three rows. I don't see a tongue in their food mouth.

That's all for tonight.



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Interesting topic.

The "useful microchip" -- sounds lot like what the government wants in us. I have to retype my medical history at the doc-in-the box I go to, not so sure how it would do me any good one way or the other, as vague and imprecise as our medicine seems to be.

I'm thinking the chip is to "keep tabs" on whoever meets with the aliens. In case you go through changes, or perhaps talk to much -- good and bad but necessary reasons.

I'd do it but I'd want the chip out later. Usefulness aside.

Their point about "nothing being something" -- yeah, that was my theory when I was a lot younger. Now I'm seeing it as "space/time" leaking into this Universe. The bi-product is gravity, and it also means that the Universe has a finite time limit. My theory; Eventually we "disperse" and all particles resonate at the same frequency as they cool -- space time then inverts, and the hour glass is flipped over -- space time flows the other direction.

The "above and below the line" -- well, I also think the Universe is fractal in nature. Not like you can shrink and meet yourself, but that, as you go down to the smaller particles -- everything is just vortices of space/time flux anyway, and then you find smaller structures that resemble the super massive ones. The differences in time/distance, means that we don't impact these micro-universes, we are just a byproduct of them.

So, they will have a canny human to deal with if they want to make stuff up. I'm sure it is a huge temptation, when dealing with "typical primitive question I've heard for the last million years -- blah, blah, blah what is the meaning of life..." I wouldn't bother to ask such a question, because everybody makes it up anyway. If you don't see a purpose for life -- then just leave it. "What will happen in the end?" Why would anyone want to spoil the ending. I'd just be happy with "how do we do fusion power, and can I please have some help with my improbability drive?" You know, get the basic groceries covered.

Hopefully, we will have life extension and cures for cancer soon. Ask them if we are close.

I'd love to meet aliens. Since I've felt like Michael Jackson at a Southern barbecue for a long time, I'm pretty sturdy in the whole "not having hang-ups" department. Just don't ask me to go naked. I'm sure those hair particles would sense my soft tissues better than an airport xray -- but, some illusions we like to keep.


Idle thoughts and ramblings....
Having a 3 for one should make pi easier to deal with -- as long as you define a third as a precise thing, I guess that rationalizes a lot of fractions and prime numbers better. Might be a useful abstraction.

>> OK, questions; After a Billion "astro units" of time -- do they really need space ships? Can't they just "define their position?" Or is the Universe really depressingly trapped in "freeze yourself and approach light speed, spend thousands of years to see the horse head nebula."

Explain the "conflict" a bit better. It seems to me, that after a Billion years, that such a war would become a symbiotic relationship. Just as any disease that survives on a host long enough on earth becomes dependent (unless there is a third party like mosquitoes, humans and malaria). So, perhaps their trinary nature means that is the reason they can never "come to terms?"

But, with a Billion years -- I'd think that you need someone to compete with. Either you get to a point of development, where you can never truly be destroyed, because both sides are geometrically progressing, or you really don't want to win -- because otherwise you would lack purpose. Would it be considered that they somehow need the competition?

Self-propagation as a goal, seems like such a pre-100,000 year racial drive. You would think they'd want to ascend to something else. Personally, I think all advanced races would treat mucking with life in the Universe as a great hobby -- like gardening, or playing Spore, but with more points. But, if you were around 1 Billion years, you might want to go for the big game and muck around with advanced races. Then from there onto star systems -- maybe write your name in nebulas. Why do they not want to take their time with propagation? Is this a reason for their conflict?

And, why do they need our permission and help? Are there some guiding rules that they have to follow? Do they self-impose limits on themselves? Have they met more advanced races?

I have pondered that, after humans get through this era where we still put sociopaths in power, and manage not to blow ourselves up, or make this a Mad Max world in resource wars (stay tuned for that compelling story), the biggest threat to our "society" or humanity, would be Virtual Reality. Machine life, or creating our own video games can be many times more compelling than the slow and relatively boring real world. However, consequence and challenge and non-negotiable rules -- the mature species will be driven by these things, rather than the easy stimulation of virtual worlds. However, not everyone makes it. I'm guessing, that you could have very powerful "dreaming aliens" that could nonetheless, pose a great risk of narcissistic collapse, and to have elements of themselves that can mess up things for other races in the "real world" just because they don't really care. The question would be; "are there dangerous dreaming races out there to worry about" and "how does a society avoid such traps of contemplating navel lint in the matrix?" I wrote a short story about that idea about 20 years ago.

I wonder if the same "discipline" that keeps a race in a war or "struggle" for a Billion years, isn't some of what keeps them from becoming mechanized life, that removes itself from the real world as well. So ask them; What is the typical difference, in development, between binary-sexed life, and multi-sexed life like themselves? Is symbiosis for them even possible or even desired?

Also, why the mourning for a planet a billion years gone? Heck, we have people blogging about another extinct species and saying "oops!" We get 40 years and forget our earlier priorities, why are these aliens so "fixed" on this loss? Or is it like falling in love with a nostalgia -- that they just enjoy the romanticism of something they cannot have, when they can achieve or have anything they want?

Do they replace parts of themselves? How long do they choose to live? I'm guessing that they are not one continues being, but a continuity of thirds.



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Oh, and how would these trinary beings know if I was not one of their rivals?

Could it be that this other race is just pranksters and that they have been doing this for such a long time because someone isn't getting the joke?

Because the only way for a stalemate to occur for that long, is if one side is so much more powerful, that they are toying with you. And that the only way to win is to quit playing. Because, really, if you are a super advanced race, playing with merely advanced races would be the only sport.

But hey, they've had a billion years to speculate. I just can't conceive of that amount of time to do anything. You'd probably have to recreate yourself, and de-evolve yourself on a planet to figure things out, and climb your way to the top again, just to keep from getting bored. Maybe a few guys stay behind and super beings, just to keep track and have a few laughs -- then it is their turn to devolve.

>> Anyway, can't wait to hear your replies.



posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Let me reanswer a question I originally answered incorrectly;

".....Do they lay eggs or are the creatures able to give birth?....."

Tripidions do not lay eggs. Sex C gives birth in a manner which human women would envy. Labor is short. It does not involve the aches of terror that some women on earth experience. After birth, the three proud parents (what an odd thing to say!) await their new borns first steps. Sexes A and B USUALLY clean the infant up. It is then laid down. The three wait for a few minutes and then the baby stands itself up and takes it's first steps. The educational training of the new born Tripidion is aggressive and begins on the day of birth. The educational process never ends for a Tripidion. They are allows engaged in the learning experience. I think what that means is that they start school on the day of their birth and never stop going to school. Although, I suspect their "school system" has little similaritie to our own.

I had my own question for it:

If you discover the earth before there were humans on it, what WAS here?

The Tripidion replied that upon their arrival, awful, violent creatures occupied the earth. These creatures provided a source of meat to their rivals and as such, the creatures were exterminated.

It explained that the creatures were massive and humans would not have been a match for them. Humans would have been their prey.

I asked if it was referring to our prehistoric age; the Tripidion responded with one word; exactly.

I explained the that popular opinion was that an asteroid smashed into the earth and THAT is what ended the prehistoric age. The Tripidion explained that they simply "encouraged" an asteroid to impact the earth. Just as we would encourage a ball to go through a hoop.

With reluctance, I asked how humans came to be. The Tripidion explained that after the sanitized the earth of it's most vile creatures, they began the process of terraformation. They tinkered with it, they adjusted it. As an experiment, they created a variety of life forms to exist on this planet.

These creatures were not created as a food source for the Tripidions. They just wanted to see if they could activate life on this planet as they had on others. The creatures were based on creatures already exisiting however, each planet is unique so each life form had to be tuned so that it would exist on earth.

Once they were satisfied with their creation, they decided to create a being in their likeness but not exaclty like them.

I stopped the Tripidion. I asked, "Are you about to tell me that your race created human beings?"

It answered yes. I continued that we have always been taught, in the religious sector, that man was created by God. The Tripidion responded, "This is what you would call a religious experience."

Ladies and gentlemen, assuming this is all fact, this changes everything we have been taught. Absolutely everything.

It was then that I realized who their rivals were. And still are.

The problem I have with this is the fact that we have no way to verify their story. This could all be a line of bull. Should we believe the first group of space aliens that pull up to earth and say, "Hi, I'm God."?

That's an extremely heavy handed way of saying hello. I can see how some pieces would certainly fit into the puzzle but I have to tell you, I am really losing that warm fuzzy feeling I had for them afew days ago.

VitriolAndAngst had some excellent questions! Rather then quote them, I will simply refer you afew posts up to them. They are vry detailed. Let me touch on them.

As far as wanting the microchip removed from you when the first contact team is disbanded, I will have to refer you to the microchip operations team. To be honest, I never heard them mention anything about microchip removal policies.

""how do we do fusion power"

The Tripidion advised me that we haven't evolved enough to the point of having our knowledge of industrial-technologies leaped so far forward in a single step. I think that was it's diplomatic way of saying "Yeah, you wish."

"Hopefully, we will have life extension and cures for cancer soon. Ask them if we are close."

The extension of human life is a simple matter of mechanical intervention. It is only a matter of how mechanized humans desire to be. Cancer is a simple matter of biological control. As we create a cure for one cancer, another will manifest in it's place. I asked if Tripidions had the cure for cancer, like a pill or something. The Tripidion responded that we were created in their similiar, it was not intended for us to be their equal in any way.

From that, I am gathering that we are to them like a tool or a pet. I am starting to assume that they are not here to sacrifice for us, but for us to sacrifice for them. With some token of return in our favor. Ladies and gentlemen, I think contact is beginning to go south. If they really are our creator, this is a very discouraging development.

"Having a 3 for one should make pi easier to deal with"

They seem to define our zero as a THEORY with infinite possibilities. I am no math wizard, for sure. I could use a vice leader if your interested. Let me know.

"After a Billion "astro units" of time -- do they really need space ships?"

I haven't gotten into detail with them yet to discuss how they traverse the universe. NASA hasn't detected any orbiting space ships but I get the impression that there is one. And it's simply not in plain view. I don't know if it would be hidden, cloaked, or if they managed to unzip space and hide it in the space closet, so to speak. My thinking is that they do not have capabilities of the last forementioned. Maybe that's a power for THEIR creator, if they have one.

"Explain the "conflict" a bit better."

As mentioned already, it's looking like they want to be known as our creator. Which make make their rivals a candidate for...hell. That would explain why it's been going on so long. And if some event, what ever it may be, has made the Tripidions want to make visual contact with us after all this time, that war can't be going well for them. At least as it concerns this part of their inter stellar real estate. But some good news, at least for those of us alive right now. Time may be on our side for the short term. 100 yeas. 1 million. Who knows? But if they have been fighting for millions upon millions of years, I'm guessing the war won't spill into the earth soon.



posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity
 


Thanks for the answers.

There have been a few people on this site, with "inside information." I cannot judge some of these impossible statements. I only know that whatever the truth is, its going to far exceed fantasy.

Others have stated that there were two factions, that we are involved in a blockade, and that the current group that has been here, was bent on deceiving us. Referred to as the "lizards and grays." This tripidian is a new-comer as the legends go. But the grays were claiming to be God as well. With a billion years of tech, you could probably create a suitable Avatar, and claim almost anything.

These sound like a cagey bunch, and I wouldn't be too quick to rely on their claims, nor would I discount them (disintegration rays being what they are). It's just that they have to stand in line with the others claiming this.

The Pleaides -- or the tall human like very light skinned aliens, are supposedly one of the rivals that is pushing down the blockade. I'm just quoting others.

Whoever has been in charge for the past few thousand years, has done an awful job of "tweaking" humanity. We keep repeating the same vile mistakes, with leaders who do nothing but advance their own power, and manipulate the masses in the most cynical ways. We already have the means to end hunger and poverty in this world, with the primitive tools that we have, yet people have chosen to profit from the misery, let birth rates go out of control, and then sell the masses weapons.

Either this is humans with "hands off" or this is a bad patron.

The problem with a first contact -- especially one quoting an implacable foe of a billion years, is that WE do not have the means to verify their claims. If you can terraform earth and create thousands of new creatures, you could play both sides -- create good alien, bad alien whole cloth. It could almost be an IQ test in a sense.


I had always thought that Carl Sagan's science fiction book about first contact was the way things might work. When you look at Maslov's hierarchy of needs, you find that people who have been deprived of food, shelter and security never advance beyond the desperation to procure those basics. THEY cannot function at a higher level. But when you remove those insecurities, the concepts of compassion, sharing and kindness quickly take hold, in all but a few outliers who tend to be sociopaths. Tribal humans can do a better job of weaning out those born without conscience better than urban humans, apparently.

That there isn't a higher consciousness, amongst intergalactic races is troubling. I also consider that if I were an enlightened being -- I wouldn't come out and say; "I created you guys" even if it were true. The aliens you are describing have a motive, and for some reason they need us to believe a story, and ally with them with our faculties intact. It could not be for something simple like "mercenaries" because I doubt we have anything that really measures up to a creature that learns from birth.

What I would get to, is something about "what do you get the super being that has everything and has existed for 1 billion years?" I keep coming back to that. That is why the question about; "do you keep a discipline and limit yourselves?" is so important. When we talk about religion, we think of God and the Devil winning souls. There have to be sophisticated rules that higher beings just adopt -- because both sides could destroy all the "playthings." So perhaps there is a free will component at play -- but some deception is allowed.

Ask the trinar what it's favorite TV or Movie is and why. If not -- what does it find "entertaining" about humans?

Can they also create an avatar for us, that is less advanced and isn't going to be bored with our stupid questions? (That's a trick to find out if they use them).

Of course, chances are they are reading this post.



posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity
 


Thanks for the answers.

There have been a few people on this site, with "inside information." I cannot judge some of these impossible statements. I only know that whatever the truth is, its going to far exceed fantasy.

Others have stated that there were two factions, that we are involved in a blockade, and that the current group that has been here, was bent on deceiving us. Referred to as the "lizards and grays." This tripidian is a new-comer as the legends go. But the grays were claiming to be God as well. With a billion years of tech, you could probably create a suitable Avatar, and claim almost anything.

These sound like a cagey bunch, and I wouldn't be too quick to rely on their claims, nor would I discount them (disintegration rays being what they are). It's just that they have to stand in line with the others claiming this.

The Pleaides -- or the tall human like very light skinned aliens, are supposedly one of the rivals that is pushing down the blockade. I'm just quoting others.

Whoever has been in charge for the past few thousand years, has done an awful job of "tweaking" humanity. We keep repeating the same vile mistakes, with leaders who do nothing but advance their own power, and manipulate the masses in the most cynical ways. We already have the means to end hunger and poverty in this world, with the primitive tools that we have, yet people have chosen to profit from the misery, let birth rates go out of control, and then sell the masses weapons.

Either this is humans with "hands off" or this is a bad patron.

The problem with a first contact -- especially one quoting an implacable foe of a billion years, is that WE do not have the means to verify their claims. If you can terraform earth and create thousands of new creatures, you could play both sides -- create good alien, bad alien whole cloth. It could almost be an IQ test in a sense.


I had always thought that Carl Sagan's science fiction book about first contact was the way things might work. When you look at Maslov's hierarchy of needs, you find that people who have been deprived of food, shelter and security never advance beyond the desperation to procure those basics. THEY cannot function at a higher level. But when you remove those insecurities, the concepts of compassion, sharing and kindness quickly take hold, in all but a few outliers who tend to be sociopaths. Tribal humans can do a better job of weaning out those born without conscience better than urban humans, apparently.

That there isn't a higher consciousness, amongst intergalactic races is troubling. I also consider that if I were an enlightened being -- I wouldn't come out and say; "I created you guys" even if it were true. The aliens you are describing have a motive, and for some reason they need us to believe a story, and ally with them with our faculties intact. It could not be for something simple like "mercenaries" because I doubt we have anything that really measures up to a creature that learns from birth.

What I would get to, is something about "what do you get the super being that has everything and has existed for 1 billion years?" I keep coming back to that. That is why the question about; "do you keep a discipline and limit yourselves?" is so important. When we talk about religion, we think of God and the Devil winning souls. There have to be sophisticated rules that higher beings just adopt -- because both sides could destroy all the "playthings." So perhaps there is a free will component at play -- but some deception is allowed.

Ask the trinar what it's favorite TV or Movie is and why. If not -- what does it find "entertaining" about humans?

Can they also create an avatar for us, that is less advanced and isn't going to be bored with our stupid questions? (That's a trick to find out if they use them).

Of course, chances are they are reading this post.



posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Special Consultant, and no-one is allowed to inquire what that means.

What is you lifespan?

Would you like to go for a ride in my sportscar? It goes very fast! It is very dangerous.

Have you met the other alien species which has visted here? They are extremely violent and destroy everything in their path. We have not seen them return since their first visit.

What technology would you like to trade with us. What would you like in return.

What knowledge or understanding would you like to share or trade with us.

Do you ever speak wrong things to please or gain advantage?

How did you come to exist?

What happens to your existence when your body dies?

What are the smallest most basic principles of the universe?

What is the highest truth of existence?

What is the greatest good?

What things are forbidden?

Do you have any basic needs we can help you fulfill while you are our guest?

If we could offer you any gift from our planet, what would you choose?

Can you tell me a joke?



posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Maybe your friend can answer something that concerns me;

Suppose there were humans on earth, that built a device that used ELF waves to tune to certain frequencies, that inhibited the uptake of certain nutrients in humans. The result was putting us in a stupor, and making us passive.

Is there such an experiment in place now? And how would you defeat it, as just a simple human wondering why he was so apathetic?

>> I'm also thinking of a device, that would convert heat into light, and thus provide cooling with only minimal energy. How would this device I'm thinking of work? That should be pretty easy, but there is nowhere that you could google to find the answer, because it's in my head.



posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian
 


If the Tripidian doesn't answer those, I can.

I don't know which faction keeps beaming blueprints into my head, but they've been on hiatus for about a decade _javascript:icon('
') Still, those seem like simple questions.



posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
"Would it be considered that they somehow need the competition?"

That's very plausible. I wonder if the devils, if that's what they are, are simply another of their spawns gone bad? Anybody got a bible handy??

"Why do they not want to take their time with propagation? Is this a reason for their conflict?"

Looking at the variety of life on earth, it's possible they have reached their glass ceiling on the evolutionary line, I mean circle. Look at earth in the here and now. We may be about to hit our own glass ceiling. I am guessing, using the wrap around theory, that we are about to go from #1 to #last and POSSIBLY start the circle all over again. They may simply be on a bigger circle. And given this example, it's possible that our circle and their circle over lap in some magnificent way. Which, in this instance, can't be good.

"And, why do they need our permission and help? Are there some guiding rules that they have to follow? Do they self-impose limits on themselves? Have they met more advanced races?"

Based on what we know NOW, I think our cooperation is a matter of convenience to them. Beyond that, I don't think it matters if we cooperate or not. It's beginning to look like we are expendable. Very expendable.

As for them having contact with other advanced beings... Well, using our relationship with them as an absolute example, we may be able to assume they have a creator more grand then them. What that means to us or if it matters, I don't know. To the Tripdions creator, if their is one, we may be as important to THAT life form as a blade of grass is important to a planet.

"What is the typical difference, in development, between binary-sexed life, and multi-sexed life like themselves? Is symbiosis for them even possible or even desired?"

Not that I enjoy being inferior but as our system as we know it is based mostly on twos, theirs is based mostly on threes. In simple terms, having three ears and three eyes instead of two, not to mention three brains; that HAS to be beneficial over ourselves. However, I am not certain if they regard their three arms and three legs as one or three since their system of counting is quite different then ours. 1 + 2 X 3 = ? If our math is based on one system and theirs is based on another? What a headache for the math conversion team!

They seem to be the super enhanced version of a human being. As for symbiosis, I think we are the flea and they are the dog. And we are now in danger of being scratched. In every sense of the word.

"Also, why the mourning for a planet a billion years gone?"

Because of the constant conflict with their rival, much as been lost over time. On rare occasions, they are able to identity a sub-particle with a signature similiar to the theories about their original solar system. But that sure doesn't tell much their event history! When their original planet existed, it's possible that they were somehow tuned into it. With it gone, that "signal" is gone. They always feel like something is missing because it literally is.

"Do they replace parts of themselves? How long do they choose to live? I'm guessing that they are not one continues being, but a continuity of thirds."

They have that capability on a biological level. Like organ donating but on a much more sophisticated level. As far as how they live is concerned, they do not feel complete when a "partner" is missing. It dulls them on a multitude of levels. I guess in their existence, 3 really is 1.

"how would these trinary beings know if I was not one of their rivals? "

Based on their enhanced senses, you would have an awful time keeping any hostile feelings hidden from them. They may notice those feelings before you do. Another example of ESP to us, smelling a fart to them.

Sorry to quote this whole thing but here it goes: "Could it be that this other race is just pranksters and that they have been doing this for such a long time because someone isn't getting the joke?

Because the only way for a stalemate to occur for that long, is if one side is so much more powerful, that they are toying with you. And that the only way to win is to quit playing. Because, really, if you are a super advanced race, playing with merely advanced races would be the only sport." End quote.

That very well could be the situation. This would be another example of them hitting their own glass ceiling on the evolutionary circle. They could very well be toying with us. And if THEY have a creator, that being could be toying with them. Although they seem to appreciate their own life, they may have little regard for ours. Ever step on a roach?



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
Maybe your friend can answer something that concerns me;

Suppose there were humans on earth, that built a device that used ELF waves to tune to certain frequencies, that inhibited the uptake of certain nutrients in humans. The result was putting us in a stupor, and making us passive.

Is there such an experiment in place now? And how would you defeat it, as just a simple human wondering why he was so apathetic?

>> I'm also thinking of a device, that would convert heat into light, and thus provide cooling with only minimal energy. How would this device I'm thinking of work? That should be pretty easy, but there is nowhere that you could google to find the answer, because it's in my head.



The device you desire is very simple. You use a heat pump, otherwise known as a stirling engine, there are many designs available on the internet. It powers a generator, the generator lights your light. The stirling engine will work if you have a difference of 25 degrees in temperature to work with One side is placed in the warmth and the other in the cold.
That's it. No one has a way to generate electricity from ambient temperature. That is to say evenly distributed temperature. The flow of power always requires a gradient.

You can run one on top of a cup of coffee or from the difference of temperature of a stream or a roof and the air.



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian
 


Not what I was looking for.

This heat to light conversion uses properties that allow LED lasers to be made simply and cheaply. The guy who invented the super soaker has a new invention as well, that uses the differences in heat to push hydrogen through a ceramic membrane. When it cools again, the vacuum pressure from the chamber it was pushed out of, pulls the naked proton back and it regains an electron -- so the process of stripping that electron off and adding it back allows for "work" or electricity to be made -- that's a bit of an improvement on the Sterling Engine.

I think that this alien should be able to answer a few "just around the corner" technology questions. It only gives us a "leap" of a year or two -- most of the things I think up come around in two decades, but it would prove some actual "more advanced than us" credentials. You can get energy from ambient heat without an energy grade -- you just have to add a tiny bit of energy to "tune it" to something useful. That should be all the hints that would be required to let the Trinod know that I know how to do this.

Also ask, what can be done about the acidification of the oceans? It seems we have some leaders who are more worried about their stock accounts in Dubai, than in dealing with a threat to life on this planet. The dead zones in our oceans are doubling each year.

You say that this Trinod is growing impatient with humanity. I'd say that there are a few thousand people on the planet who benefit from all the problems they create -- not exactly Humanity, but some of the people from the short end of our gene pool seem to always team up and get control. If they were to do anything, then perhaps broadcasting on Live TV, some of these private meetings that take place, like when Karl Rove met with the leader of Georgia -- that might be really productive.

If the Trinod is actually backing the NWO that uses the NeoCons as foot soldiers, then that would be very depressing.

>> Anyway, good luck. Hope you write a book on this one day.



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst
 


Dang, I want one! I darn near fell over when you said the guy who invented the super soaker designed it! That's quite a range of versititlity.

I hope it makes it to fruition soon.

Great question for an alien. I had no clue what you were looking for but the alien would need to beat your vison to have a claim to superior technology.



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
VitriolAndAngst says:

"Either this is humans with "hands off" or this is a bad patron."

The Tripidion states that when they arrived, they plaed a being in charge of the wind, another in charge of fire, various others were i charge of the multitude of life forms created. And on and on. This was to study what they were creating. They claim that our oldest theologies, like Greek mythology, support this claim.

As time passed, Tripidion after Tripidion were recalled to other areas of the galaxy to deal with other more pressing situations. In the 1700s, only one Tripidion watched over the earth. Despite being more advanced then us, one Tripidion can not effectively handle on the uprising situations on earth. The Tripidion advised that humans are not the only organisims that require evolutionary guidance.

In the early 1900s. the last Tripidion left the earth. The earth has been without super natural guidance for over 100 years. They see it has had a catastrophic consequence on earth but a much bigger catastrophic consequence is coming.

....."If you can terraform earth and create thousands of new creatures, you could play both sides -- create good alien, bad alien whole cloth.".....

They created a variety of humans for specific reasons but due to the cross racial breeding of human races, those reasons have been nullified. But not eliminated. Although cross racial breeding is positive for the development of a species, in time, a single race will prodominate. And on occasion, an enhanced version of a human, whose DNA and genes are trying to make a come back; that being will be shunned and considered inferior when in fact, without discrimination, the opposite would be true. With discrimination, you will never understand that.

....."When you look at Maslov's hierarchy of needs, you find that people who have been deprived of food, shelter and security never advance beyond the desperation to procure those basics....."

Human beings NEED money to survive. That is the way humans desire thei earth operate. It is a terrible flaw. Tripidions do not recognize a monetary concept. Nor was the idea installed in humans. With riches, extremely few humans transcend to a higher conscience. So few, in fact, that they are discriminated against. Albert Einstein is an example. Humans shunned him for being socially odd. By not treating him as a superior equal, he was unable to become so much more. By shunning him, the human race forfeited much. Call it cosmic justice.

You considered him a social zero. But your concept of zero is actually an infinite. The Tripidion stressed that we must eliminate the incorrect concept of zero. It stressed there is no such thing as zero because nothing IS something. Humans simply refuse to believe that truth and it holds us back.

When a human opens their hand, they see an empty hand. When a Tripidion does so, they see an infinity of possibilities.

.....""what do you get the super being that has everything and has existed for 1 billion years?".....

As a joke, I presented this question. I'm not sure if the answer was a joke or not. The Tripidion answered that some water would be wonderful. Not sure what to think, I poured a glass of water and offered it. The Tripidion poured it into it's food hole and as it poured, it said from it's other hole (the speech hole) that it would like much, much more. It didn't have to elaborate. We now know why they are here. And the Tripidion was right to expect some humans to resist.

I was afraid to ask how they intended to assure their desire. Instead I asked, if they take the water, how will we survive? I started to wonder about Mars and all of their valleys.

The Tripidion advised that we would be given a synthetic substitute and we would evolve further by researching it's advantages and limitations. A water substitute? Limitations? I wanted to relay this information to all of you before I inquired further.

We have a problem.

And it's bigger then Houston!!!

I was afraid of the consequences of closing this line of communication so I continued it. I'm sure they knew I was afraid at this point.

....."do you keep a discipline and limit yourselves?".....

They do what they have to do to survive and try to avoid more destruction then is required to control a situation. But a flux is inevitable. They do not become intoxicated with lavishness, as do humans.

....."what it's favorite TV or Movie is and why.".....

It answered that Close Encounters of the third kind, ET, the sphere, Communion, Contact, and The Abyss are excellent movies that should be studied on an educational level. But the Abyss is closest to guessing it right.

....."Can they also create an avatar for us, that is less advanced and isn't going to be bored with our stupid questions?....."

The Tripidion answered that the animals on the earth are an example of what they have done. And the prehistoric age is an example of their rivals similiar capabilities. And in time, if we make the right decisions, we will do the same.

I asked if we had the capability to create a being more intelligent then us. Biologicly, no. Mechanicly, yes. However, the Tripidion assured me that any mechanical being that surpassed human evolution would be destroyed and so would the species that created it. This must never happen because bio-mechanical creatures do not have evolutionary ceilings. This is a universal law; possibly a dimensional law. A mechanical creature is allowed to meet it's creators potential. But that species' creation level species will exterminate the entire species circle responsible. If humans created such a thing, it would unify what you consider heaven and hell against you.

So, all of you, make a note.

Cyberbian asks:

"What is you lifespan?"

In earth time, most live well beyond 150 years. In some instances, a Tripidion can live to around 850 years but only under controlled circumstances. This is only done for a specific reason.

....."Would you like to go for a ride in my sportscar?".....

The Tripidion thinks you would enjoy a ride in what he calls a Lin. At top speed, it can reach the moon from the earth in about 1 second. That is just about the speed of light.

....."Have you met the other alien species which has visted here? They are extremely violent and destroy everything in their path. We have not seen them return since their first visit.".....



posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
lol I asked. It's answer was very matter of fact. With it's supreme sensory, I find it hard to believe it missed the joke even if the idea of a joke is just a concept to them.

The only other being that has been here is their rival and that over a million years ago. There are other species that humans would consider supreme to them. But this is considered a disputed zone and they choose to stay away. Rumors of sub-supreme life in this solar system run rampart. Earth is a very valuable planet, despite it's lack in size. Our rivals want this planet back and if they get it, they will exterminate all life on it create by the Tripidions. They won't stop to say hello.

....."What technology would you like to trade with us. What would you like in return.".....

For our water, they will provide a synthetic substitute, accelerate our missle shoot down capabilities (planet wide, not just for the US), and will enhance our capability to travel about our solar system faster and safer. I asked about offering us force shields and cloaking devices. It said we were already developing such things.

....."What knowledge or understanding would you like to share or trade with us.".....

We should continue to follow our independent religions. They exist for a reason. The recent revelations about who created us changes nothing.

....."Do you ever speak wrong things to please or gain advantage?".....

They do what they must to ensure their survival. Humanity has benefited from their deceit thousands of times.

....."How did you come to exist?".....

They were created by beings supreme to them.

....."What happens to your existence when your body dies?".....

It is the same for all things that exist. In time, each of the absolute units that make us up move on. Nothing ever really dies. 0 = ~ Some humans claim to have been a number of famous people in the past. They believe that because they received some of the absolute units of the previously living.

....."What are the smallest most basic principles of the universe?".....

Absolute units. It is the particle that builds the human theory of nothing, of 0.

....."What is the highest truth of existence?".....

The Tripidion complained this is another example of the line theory. Everything is on a circle. All life forms have a supreme creator. There is not a supreme life form that does not have a creator. We must destroy the line concept if we aspire to reach our glass ceiling.

....."What is the greatest good?".....

A utopian existence for all levels of species to exist in one area. This concept is impossible, but imaginable.

....."What things are forbidden?".....

A bio-mechanical species that transcends it's creator. When this happens, the responsible species and it's creations will be exterminated. A bio-mechanical species has no evolutionary glass ceiling.

....."Do you have any basic needs we can help you fulfill while you are our guest?....."

Our water. Half of our water. And it will be replaced with a synthetic substitute.

....."If we could offer you any gift from our planet, what would you choose?....."

Obviously, the water. But this particular Tripidion would appreciate a cactus. Anything to get on it's good side. Wrap it up. Two of them, no THREE!

....."Can you tell me a joke?".....

Mix dilafane with tnliknia. Add water. I didn't get it either so I asked. Says the Tripidion, you get a human. Says me, that is funny because I always thought you needed a sperm and an egg. Says the Tripidion, that's your way. I can't help but wonder if this is something we aren't supposed to know.


Ladies and gentlemen, I am sorry but a pillow is calling me. I will pick up with VitriolAndAngst posted on 8/19/2008 @ 09:41 PM tomorrow evening.

Times like this, I wish I was a Tripidion (they don't sleep).



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
"
I asked if we had the capability to create a being more intelligent then us. Biologicly, no. Mechanicly, yes. However, the Tripidion assured me that any mechanical being that surpassed human evolution would be destroyed and so would the species that created it. This must never happen because bio-mechanical creatures do not have evolutionary ceilings. This is a universal law; possibly a dimensional law. A mechanical creature is allowed to meet it's creators potential. But that species' creation level species will exterminate the entire species circle responsible. If humans created such a thing, it would unify what you consider heaven and hell against you.
"


I remember reading some novels about earth being destroyed by what they thought was an alien race. It was actually an advanced life form, that was created to "hide" a self-reproducing machine life form that was used to wipe out other life that could conceivable be a threat to it's progenitor.

In this arc, creating machines that could recreate themselves was considered the ONLY real crime that advanced races were concerned with, and was punishable by extinction.

I forget off hand, the term for such devices. Anyway, it was an interesting story, and it got me thinking about the "higher dimensional" aspects of particles, and if they could be used to manipulate properties like position, in the lower 4 dimensions that we experience.

>> I'd say that there is plenty of water to be had on Jupiter, and some of its moons. Especially that frozen one. Perhaps you can make the Tripidians aware of such things.

>> I totally get that nothing is something. Since the poorly named "big bang" everything has been spreading apart -- some could say that there is more "space" being added between all things. Which is different from an explosion, because there is no center -- the red shift is in all directions. I say that all particles are shrinking, but it doesn't matter, since we are consistent with our own reference system.

Einstein theorized that particles expand as they accelerate towards light. I thought about that for two days without sleep when I was a kid. There is kind of a limit in how fast a particle can expand as it goes towards light speed -- and you can use a bit of that for "warp speed" because an object will get larger and smaller as it sync's with TIME -- not just motion. But essentially, the object moving towards light speed is stopping the transition of "nothing" or you could call it the ether, or you could call it space/time. It gains mass because the pressure of gravity is greater. I make a guess that anti-matter has negative gravity.

Electrical energy is actually a difference in time potential, and all stats annihilate so that we only see the same units of negative and positive charge -- sorry, that would take a while to explain. But think of it as the aspect of all things does not exist NOW, they are slightly ahead and behind NOW. If I were rolling a ball down a hill, the kinetic potential of a ball up the hill would be greater, and it would have a Positive charge, and would appear larger as a particle with more mass. The electron, which "SEEMS" to move quite a bit, is this aspect in the future, and has less mass, but the same charge and is negative -- and LESS kinetic energy. The only TIME that actually exists is NOW -- so I'll go out on a limb and call hokey on any of the "alien stories" people put out about time travel. All we have is a pattern of distortions of an ether, as it flows from a higher dimension into a lower one. That is existence. Particles without mass, either have no space/time flowing through them, and thus do not interact, or they have matter and anti-matter bound such that space/time flows in and out.

Why antimatter is not like a black hole (which is matter with escape velocity for the Universe, and is really just one really huge electron with more accelerated matter keeping it "up"), is something I still have to figure out. I'm still not sure about the negative gravity of anti-matter, however. So ask your friend why gravity (space) can flow the other way, yet it doesn't create an ever-expanding particle. I'm imagining that perhaps, antimatter is "flipped" dimensionally, and that it also inverts in the higher dimensions -- while a Black Hole is "pushed all the way into the higher dimensions."

When there isn't enough matter accreted to keep it "up" it probably falls back down into this Universe as a Quasar or something. Ask him if black holes have age limits and what happens. I've also wondered if Quasar's and Black Holes aren't just two "sides" of the same thing.

It's kind of confusing, because I can theoretically see, that TIME, is totally relative to our reference -- just like the SIZE of things. So, if every little nano-second, takes however long it takes, one particle could describe every particle in the Universe. Speed and distance are only the relative limits of how fast the pattern of creation changes it's current pattern. So with infinite speed, and infinite time, one particle can trace out everything there is. On successive traces, the drift in this pattern, presents a flow of time, with limits on speed. There can be predictive anomalies of the future, because with infinite speed, the particle has ALREADY BEEN everywhere, and been in every state possible. So, the illusion of the flow of time, is the serial journey across this pattern. NOTHING is very full indeed, because if you ever put ONE PARTICLE in an absolute void, then there would be no limit on time and space. This would create a pocket Universe.

That fundamental UNIT thing they talked about. It could be one, but on the other hand, I don't see that there are any particles -- just vortices of space/time. Where we see emptiness, there is something in a higher dimension that has not been defined in our lower 4.

I can conceive of the exact same Universe with either theory. But, I look at the "quantum nature" of energy packet exchange. This is a byproduct of the holes in space/time that make up what we think are tiny quarks. Since everything is fundamentally a field -- energy can only exchange on the "peaks" where two fields might interfere -- there is nothing between those peaks -- so it appears that photons are released as ONLY Quantum packets. One and/or infinite - hard to tell.

So ask your friend, if the fundamental UNIT is one particle, or a vortex.

Don't worry about the ZERO thing -- it's merely a convention in math



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Synthetic water?

The only thing I could think of to replace it -- without shipping something in through a "gate" on another planet, that is local, is Nitrogen.

The properties of water, and the oxygen and hydrogen exchange are so very complex and fundamental to ALL processes of life as we know it. There have been theories for silicon life, and some equivalent processes thought up.

But the mind boggles, at how you could do with nitrogen, what you can do with oxygen -- and what do you couple it with? If you needed water, you'd need the hydrogen too -- but THAT isn't very scarce. So either the need for water is a convenience thing, because they don't want to just get it from Europa, or it is a need for Oxygen alone.

The "Abyss." A movie about Scary creatures that turn out to be very nice aquatic creatures of many kinds, that glow and zip about in the deep ocean.

We have done nothing but piss in our oceans.

So, IF all this stuff is true, then it could only mean a "resettlement" and your friends want the ENVIRONMENT of our Oceans -- not just the water.

This alien certainly has a sense of the dramatic. After a glass of water, it says it wants a LOT MORE.

The equivalent of sending the dog that poops around the house into the yard, until it can be potty trained.

Hey look. From my point of view -- only slightly enlightened over these poorly trained pooches I share time with on this third rock from the sun. I see us as only slightly rational. Only slightly in control. We THINK we make decisions -- but we can think a lot of things. If we believed there was a 1 in 100 chance that all our excess would destroy the ecosystem, every last one of us would be riding bicycles for all but the most important transport jobs -- but ONLY if we were fully rational beings. If you build up the nest of a squirrel, all the other squirrels in the area will add straw to theirs. Humans watch a soap opera, where someone lives in a nice house -- they instantly NEED that bigger house.

We might fight against it, we might know it. But very, very few of us go to the effort of actually DOWNSIZING our impact. And in the places where more than a few extreme kooks do it -- it is a social thing.

Yes, I believe the hippies were right -- but they've been demonized.

>> I'd have to say, that even ONE superior alien, could have done a better job with the stewardship, than what happened to America since 1870 and the rise of the robber barons.

If your alien wanted to do massive amounts of good -- he would grab Karl Rove's hacker by the name of Mike Cannell, and drug him so that he was forced to spill the beans on national TV about manipulating elections.

It really doesn't take a super fast space ship and genetic manipulation to fix a few of the worst excesses in this world. It would only take "transparency" where the public was aware of what the leaders were actually plotting.



posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I am taking a break from this thread tonight.

I'll be back in a day or so when I have more time (the weekend).

Thanks for your support and effort. It's helping allot!



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join