It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News caught using NLP Neuro-linguistic programming

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

Bill Clinton was a master at NLP; or at least who ever was writing his speeches was a master at NLP. Just look back at all of the anecdotal stories he would tell and pick them apart. You will find key NLP phrases such as: "when you think about it differently", "when you change your perspective...", "why don't you just trust me...", "when you believe..." and many other key phrases.

The most powerful NLP phrases are "statements" that make a point of telling the listener to "change" some thing about the way they think. The unconscious mind of the listener then does that at an unconscious level. (See Preconscious Processing by Norman F. Dixon for an understanding of how the human information processing systems can influence mind and actions without conscious awareness).

NLP isn't hypnosis. It is based on the etymologies of words and what those words represent to the unconscious information system processes of the human mind. By using key words and phrases it is possible to shift a persons mind to the speakers way of thinking. It takes several adjunct abilities as well such as the ability to build rapport. Bill Clinton was excellent at building rapport and using key words and phrases in his speeches.

The fact is all of the powers that be in this country use NLP; the military, the media, the government ---- most of them like Hillary and George aren't very good at it. The best, of course, are the media's taking-heads on CNN/FOX/NBC/CBS/ETC.

-Euclid

[edit on 18-8-2008 by euclid]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Never heard of NLP before this thread and I'm going to have to do more research on its' effictiveness before I say "Wow, that works like a charm". During the verbal portion of the interview it's quite easy to hear how hannity wants to paint that professor as an evil pig, but I'm not sold on the hand gestures just yet, especially the 666 thing. But, I did learn something new today, woohoo, and have something new to read about.

I quit watching cable news a couple years back, just wanted to slit my wrists after watching for an hour or so. I would suggest finding a good talk radio show to listen to. The good ones have in depth interviews and take on subjects you just won't hear on that crappy box in your living room. Plus they have much more time to cover topics.

Del

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This thread needs to be moved out of skunkworks and into the correct forum where NLP discussions are already in progress.

Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Came back here,k out of interest to see that we are still equating NLP to witchcraft and some sort of hoodoo to make people do waht they don't want to do. That's synonymous with all the satanic/witchcraft drivel that is put out by uninformed folks about hypnosis.

Instead of watching Mr. Brown, do yourself a favor, and get hold of books by Richard Bandler, John Grinder, and a few others who are part of that group. They are the folks who "founded" NLP and developed it. Take a chance and get educated, instead of tweeting like so many sparrows on a clothes line.

Jon's daughter is one of the very few making sense here, and she's not even a member?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
Came back here,k out of interest to see that we are still equating NLP to witchcraft and some sort of hoodoo to make people do waht they don't want to do. That's synonymous with all the satanic/witchcraft drivel that is put out by uninformed folks about hypnosis.

Maybe that impression was encouraged by this quote on the OP;

If done correctly the NLP operator can use hand gestures or word patterns to make you believe anything they want.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Think outside your box and think yourself into mine. That's what "think outside the box" usually means in the wild.

Good call, sweet trope, nice shot!
A hundred of those and you can be La Rochefoucauld from now on.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Wow! Very informative. I don't watch the news anymore either but I did and just HAD TO watch FOX news simply to see what seedy things they were up to. Now I know exactly why I would feel so exhausted after watching even one interview, much like the one in the videos you linked to where they would rip apart someone that was even slightly to the left. I would assume it was because of having to constantly fend off the mental attacks their "reporter" use.

What's funny is that while I would watch these interviews I would find myself buying into something a reporter was saying and then have to kind of shake it off and remind myself of my own beliefs. Pretty sad, yes. But now I know it's because, just like the professor in the clips, their sub conscious manipulation does work, buuuuuuut, some people are able to fend it off.
Some people, very unfortunately, can't and that's why they go around basically using every piece of rhetoric they hear the reporters on FOX news say when they are in a debate with someone. But I have also noticed they ALWAYS resort to name calling and character attacking when they don't have a logical rebuttal. That's always the sure sign of someone who really doesn't know what they think other than what they've been told to think and never actually looked at the issue from all sides for themselves.

Thank you very much for this.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKriv
I watched the first video and won't insult my intelligence by watching the
rest. It's called a debate because the interviewer doesn't agree. ABC, NBC, CBS AND FOX DO IT. He asked for evidence and the guy couldn't answer

_javascript:icon('
')

You call THAT a debate??! The guy couldn't answer because he wasn't given a chance to! A debate is one person stating their side and then letting the other rebut. Hannity ALWAYS constantly interrupts his "guests" that he doesn't agree with. Always! He never has anything to say to the contrary to point out his own opinion. Instead Hannity always shamelessly demeans his guests by calling them nut jobs and painting them to be terrorists. Always! FOX News (and other shows) doesn't hold debates. They invite a guest on the show with a view that many many people have than most even realize (just like the professor in this clip. A heck of a lot of people believe 9/11 to be an inside job) because of shows like this, and systematically begin to rip them to shreds by not letting them EVER complete a thought, making character attacks, and completely baseless accusations.

i would like someone to show me ONE clip where Hannity LETS a "guest" complete an entire thought before cutting them off. I even saw a show where Hannity constantly berrated a guest to the point that the guest was getting extremely irritated. So the guest decided to just turn the tables and interrupt Hannity so they could get their point across and Hannity ripped her a new asshole for DARING to interrupt him and called her extremely rude and he wouldn't stand for that sort of thing on his show.

Also, ever notice how Colmes always opens the interview with just one or two questions then the guests gets handed off to Hannity for the rest of the interview. Colmes is only there to make people THINK it's a show that presents both sides of the issue.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I have watched the video again and I am thinking that, as I stated before, the professor is not so much a victim of NLP as of bullying. In fact the bullying is more insidious than NLP in this case as it is obviously intended to scare and bully, not only the professor, but especially the viewers. The professor is made an example of to prevent the 'general public' from deviating from the current (FOX) norm.

It has been going on since September 11th, I need not tell you that, but I am dismayed that truth has become such a subjective thing in the past few years. I find it really scary.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I doink around with magic (the entertainment kind and not the D&D type) and there is a subclass of magic called mentalism. Hypnosis and NLP are a big part of it, and I can verify that it works. Hypnosis is alot more subtle then we are shown on TV, most of the hypnosis we see is look into my eyes or follow the watch yadda yadda but that is only in the movies and stage show with assistants. News people are trained to be mentalist.

I am not buying "everything" these vids show but there is some truth to this commentary.

Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.
- Buddha

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

I'll say it agian, I want proof that you worked at these places, don't spin me.
Give me some pictures, some links something, better yet prove it to the mod of this forum and I'll eat my words.
Also, I can't say whatever I want to about those stations, I can say they rape children and deal drugs, I can say they're all reptilians or whatever I want, ya can't scare me with empty false threats. You see you can't hold any lawsuit agianst me because I'm not gettig paid to right this stuff, it's called freedom of speech, you may not like it, but I have it.
You can shove your empty threats and BS back in the rearend of the bull it dropped out from.

Thankyou and goodnight.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by _Heretic

Lol, I never knew D&D was magic.
"I cast magic Missle!"
"Fly by knight the Mountain Dew, mountain Dew for you."
Lol

D&D

Or are you just a LARPER!!!

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Great links on that.

The man who is trying to get people to think is "requiring students to regurgitate..."

They never let him present information, they are showing an emotional reaction to just suggesting "inside job." It is a thought crime. They show that it isn't important to think about the situation -- it is important to show outrage.

Very 1984. "You are a great thinker when you repeat what the leader says. "

I'll look for more of this -- it seems that they are very conscious and plan ahead on how they will bring someone forward to make them look like a fool. They aren't reporting anything with this piece. Total hacks.

I thought it was mostly about making Hannity look tough, and the Liberal to look like a wimp. Both O'Reilly and Hannity use the "bored with you" routine.

"Your opinion. You believe." --- yeah, they are consciously manipulating. They must teach a course.

The guy just said; "millions believe 9/11 was an inside job..." and Hannity comes back; "Do you, yourself believe personally, it was an inside job..." -- Was Hannity not in the room when he was stating the facts?

This is like saying that Chile has thousands of people who were "disappeared" by the government in the Fascist takeover. "Do you, personally believe that the government would disappear people?" Hey, it's a fact that is on the record. Take a poll.

These guys just make the news -- they don't interview.

Love the classic Fox News question as fact on the screen; "Professor Teaching 9/11 Conspiracy Theories?" You know, I'm sure these guys are threatened by anyone actually teaching not to a standardized test.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
That was a cheap shot when Hannity talks about "the jews were told to leave..."

Does anyone who is rationally discussing something, make another person responsible for what anybody else says? The teacher is putting forth his points, and he has to respond to what some joe blow said on a blog. It doesn't matter if it is true or not -- it isn't this guys comment, and he isn't vouching for every comment made on the entire planet.

That adults today, think this form of school yard debate is acceptable is an assault on reason. You cannot get through to people with reason if honest debate is destroyed.

Hannity has the pointy hat in his closet -- but he just enjoys pushing this private fantasy on others.

The 666 in the OK sign was a stretch,... but Hannity sure is doing a lot of sneering and hand waving. The Pinky for small penis -- yeah, I think that nailed it.

Still, the teacher OWNED him. He seemed to do a great job responding. In a court room, this would be called "badgering the witness..."

For not knowing what he was doing, the eyebrow raise of the teacher speaks; "bring it on sissy" really was effective, and Hannity was getting pissed. They got all this training, the Fox news staff, and really nice suites while Hannity and Colmes double-team him with "good reporter, bad reporter" and it really has to be frustrating to lose this little propaganda piece to some sissy underpaid school teacher. These jerks at Fox News never won a fair fight in their lives and so they flock to this half-way house for bullies.

You give a frightened loser a bit of power and you have a loyal dog. None of these right wing tools could make a living on their own talents.

But it does start getting pretty clear that they have an agenda, and they have techniques that they consciously employ to achieve it. Hannity wasn't just a dunce that had the right ideas so he got the job -- he is a wanna-be bully. He wants to have power over this guy, because he is a small man. That is the advantage that the teacher seemed to home in on. For all the advantages Hannity has, he still knows he is not worth his pay check.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Heretic
I doink around with magic (the entertainment kind and not the D&D type) and there is a subclass of magic called mentalism. Hypnosis and NLP are a big part of it, and I can verify that it works. Hypnosis is alot more subtle then we are shown on TV, most of the hypnosis we see is look into my eyes or follow the watch yadda yadda but that is only in the movies and stage show with assistants. News people are trained to be mentalist.

I am not buying "everything" these vids show but there is some truth to this commentary.

Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.
- Buddha

I didn't think Hannity would be this "subtle" but after seeing this tape, and watching his repeated motions -- yeah, I think he has actually been taking lessons. It definitely is like watching a manager coming back from a management training session -- ham fisted. Hannity is trying to paint with a sledgehammer -- that's why he seems a bully...

Colbert is much better at this, but he calls attention to it. He isn't trying to use NLP, so much as parody the usage of it. Obviously, the good folks at Comedy Central are real students of the media and how manipulative they are of the news.

But I'm sure these guys go over old tapes like a Football training session. They get coached and tell Hannity and Colmes to "try this when you lose control of the interview..." I could definitely see how Hannity was thinking about his own motions, and his fall back of "you believe..." he uses that almost every time he talks.

If someone covers this again, it would be very instructive to show comparisons between people they are trying to discredit, and people they are trying to promote. You will definitely see the pre-judgement, the difference in body language, like the good guy will get a head nod, while the bad guy gets the indifferent/bored look. You could probably get the same phrases and gestures on every interview.

Very much like someone trying to learn a big word. They consciously repeat it.

Rupert Murdoch knows very well how he gets his success. The same way he promoted "Mr. 911" because he got Fox News on the air in New York. The same way he promoted that NeoCon leader in Australia. Rupert gets in bed with politicos, and helps the propagandize the public. And the advertisers buy this product -- to sell you a government that financially supports them. They don't really need consumers, per se. I'm sure we will have a few people talking about coaching coming out of Fox.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I realized why I can't stand to watch Fox news, Nancy Grace, Hannity and Colmes, and Bill O'Riley, and this is a reminder. They all fit the same personality profile of manipulative NLP experts.

I have studied NLP for a long time and I have become good at "smelling" it, but it is still very useful to have it broken down by someone with a different perspective. Thanks a lot for this post.

The truth is that NLP is used almost everywhere, but most of the time involuntarily. More often than not, a meme is planted and the pursuit and propagation of that meme is facilitated by unsuspecting news outlets and word of mouth, much like a computer virus. For example, word choices such as "Gunman" "Insurgent" and a few others carry a value judgement, much like the world "Coalition". Simple word choices like that are reused even by ourselves, with no wish to further promote any views, but inevitably propagating a meme whose origin is no longer easily traced.

However, these videos have examples of NLP used in a quite deliberate way, much like what a salesman would use to compel a customer to buy.

I find it interesting that Colmes can play dumb when he's with Hannity, yet, you can see that he really isn't.

-rrr

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

But then again you have the carrier waves within your enviroment (scalar and electromagnetics) they can program ya with. They pretty much have crossed their T's and dotted their I's when it comes to mass control on consciousness.

I guess you could move to the Canary Islands to escape it

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fastwalker23
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

But then again you have the carrier waves within your enviroment (scalar and electromagnetics) they can program ya with. They pretty much have crossed their T's and dotted their I's when it comes to mass control on consciousness.

I guess you could move to the Canary Islands to escape it

>> I don't necessarily believe in "electromagnetic manipulation" but I wish I knew why I'm almost paralyzed with apathy. I can't seem to even invoice or do work that I know would help me in the future. Either it's just depression, from 8 years of this crap, and knowing that the digested effluent is going to hit the rotary atmosphere projector has just turned me into a dry husk.

I've had so many really great creative ideas, inventions, programming and the like -- and I just can't do them.

8 years is a long time to feel like a deer caught in the headlights. But I can't be sure if it's corn syrup or a lead butt.

Perhaps, I should actually wear tin-foil on my head. Enough snarky fools have been suggesting that this is the sign of an idiot -- so, by extension, whatever a million idiots think is stupid has got to be a good idea, right? Maybe it will reduce the ,...

... no wait. I seem to remember coming up with an idea over a decade ago that you can create a "bio-resonance field." You can shut down the absorption of certain nutrients by echoing the frequency of a cell's Calcium Gate. It doesn't even take a strong field to do it. All nutrients in the body are negatively ionized, and it's through the "sympathetic resonance" of the pores going into a cell, that they are able to selectively absorb what they need from the blood supply. I theorized that a very low power magnetic field that was exactly in resonance with a specific nutrient, could "overcharge" that specific ion, and it would be absorbed at a much reduced amount.

So, for instance, if you targeted Lithium or Beta-Carotene ions, you could stop much of their uptake. Either by setting frequency standards on certain electronic devices or on power lines themselves. It isn't the strength of these fields but there 'consistent' frequency that would make the difference. So, I don't see a way to "program" people this way, but you can demote or promote health with ELF waves.

I'm wondering if a Neuro-transmitter like Dopamine could be targeted, but I'd rather think that there is too much charge going on between axons and dendrites for a normal field to influence that. Plus, these are more complex molecules that can't take advantage of ion resonance.

If there were an effective way to combat such a program, it would definitely be whatever was most ridiculed. OK, I'm going to line my hat with foil so nobody sees it, and see if I feel better after a week -- who's with me?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
One way to fight off NLP, at least in my case, is by being informed. I don't watch the news because it hurts my head and I get angry. Like David Icke says: "once you know how the game is played, you can see the signs coming and nothing will surprise you".

I didn't know about the hand signs but for some reason when I saw people being "interviewed" and getting interrupted and accused of being something my head started hurting. What this means is, in my case, that since I know how the media lies to us, how they discredit people and how they don't give people the chance to explain their views, my subconscious was fighting it off the NLP and it made my head hurts.

Now, learning about some of the hand techniques my MIS (Media Immune System) has gotten stronger. Yes, MIS is something that I just came up with, just like GMS (Government Immune System).

Great post, thank you!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
My wife was a board certified hypnotherapist for Positive changes and she informed me that this stuff is real, they were taught it to help clients. My wife was the head hypnotherapist at this areas location. She has since moved on to work for sears selling appliances, uses this technique and is the number two salesperson in five cities.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join