It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News caught using NLP Neuro-linguistic programming

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky
OP you get more people's attention if you put the videos to show up here instead of having to click the link

Ya know, that is such an incredibaly silly concept ........... yet true !!

I have no clue why, considering it's "oh my gawd, I have to click a link", but 9 times out of 10 I too will skip a linked video, yet I WILL click the button to watch within the page if it's embedded!!

Damn Pocky, you have e feeling quite silly, now that its been pointed out! heh.

OK, just chiming in to say its true.

Misfit

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hold on. I'm watching the first vid and okay the narrator has made some points about hand gestures and techniques to gain control of conversations but its no secret. THen he mentions Stephen Colbert is an expert at this techique.
Stephen Colbert !!! are you kidding me. THe narrator just lost all cred with me when he made that statement

Stephen Colbert is using NLP

LMAO

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
NLP is a long know and commonly used tactic with all advertising,media and sales. I happen to be very well versed in it and can use it to an advantage in certain situations. I can also give you countless commercials, political soundbites and advertisements where it's always prevalent. Nothing new but if your cognizant of it you can tell when someone is reading an experts script or speaking/communicating honestly and openly.

I've gotten sales calls from people who were so blatant about it in their questioning, phrasing and rhetoric that I can easily play them into thinking that its working...until it blows up on them.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ya know, ever since I was little I've been able to see the subliminal messaging. I just watch Fox news because my parents do and i try to point out what lies are being told and the manipulation fox tries to do. I've been able to successfully show my mom that Bill O' Rielly is a steaming pile. My parents are very subject to Fox News and the NLP, but when I tell them this they say no, that they are too smart for it, yeah right.

My parents are diehard republicans, but even they are getting wrapped up in Obama and his massivily appealing voice, honestly that's what my parents like about him the most, the way he talks.

Lol, this whole election is a sham and the news just keeps propelling it.

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

I know where your coming from. I`ve gotten to the point anymore, when I watch the news, I take what the news tells me, and give it the opposite view point. I mean, you can see right through it. And they say their not bias, come on, I swear, they think were all a bunch of fools and we can`t see it. That`s what I call, believing your own lies. They spew it out so much and so often, they even believe it themselves. I have to laugh at times, because they think were so gullible, when the fact is, THEY are the ones who are gullible.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden
NLP is a sort of mental hypnosis or seed planting used by magicians such as Derren Brown. If done correctly the NLP operator can use hand gestures or word patterns to make you believe anything they want.

I attended a NLP training class in 1995 for my company. It was designed for sales people to be able to read customers better and then close the sale by planting the suggestion they wanted to buy or do business with you.

Do a search on NLP to read more about it, or take a look at the Derren Brown videos on you tube.

So this guy put together a very nice video showing the NLP trademark signs Fox News was using during an interview of a 9/11 truth topic.

Part 1
video.google.com...

Part 2
video.google.com...

Part 3
video.google.com...

It has also been suggested that Fox news used NLP to announce Bush had won when he really had not or the race was to close to call. The fact remains that they were indeed the first network to call the race for Bush.

What worries me is if NLP is being used by the networks, they can basically make anyone see what they want them to see.

Excellent post, OP, I'd never heard of NLP before. You taught me something.
thanks

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I've always noticed how FOX news never truely interviewed anyone but was never aware of the subliminal messages or how to define them.

Thanks alot for posting this, major eye opener

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Stephen Colbert !!! are you kidding me. THe narrator just lost all cred with me when he made that statement

You must be kidding. Colbert uses the same techniques as the regular news. This is what makes him funny, and he is really good at it. Colbert's NLP is more evident (on purpose) so more people can enjoy his critique on modern pundits.

NLP is about control. Controlling a conversation and the outcome is key to manipulation. Everyone does it. When you are trying to do something, or get something done you are advocating your position using facts and NLP. Whomever controls the discussion, controls the outcome. Facts can only take you so far because people like Hannity can take irrational emotional reactions, straw-man arguments, and NLP and come out on top of the truth, especially when it is his show.

Facts are reality, most people refuse to live in reality.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It's unfortunate that something created as a therapy tool should be used so commonly as a mass mind-control device. Alas, that would be inevitable for a tool so powerful, once in the wrong hands. And Milton Erickson (the guru upon whose hypnosis techniques NLP was based) created a brief therapy that was a form of mind control anyway. It is a brilliant way to change a person's thinking without even their awareness. It makes sense that a sheister like Hannity would be a user of such a tool.
It's interesting that the guy on the clip mentions Stephen Colbert. Colbert is actually playing a caricature of a right wing talk show host. He doesn't really believe these things the way Hannity does. If he uses NLP techniques then he is a great actor indeed.
As a student of NLP and Ericksonian hypnosis it's gratifying to see it being made available to the general public on YouTube, even if it is for seduction, sales and all that other crap. Once people realize its usefulness, they may actually turn it inward and learn to free themselves. If we can get people to do that, en masse, then the Hannitys of the world will have no power.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet
BUT!
There is a counter to this. The person being interviewed can counter this if they are an exceptional orrator and they posses PERFECT recollection and knowledge of the subject.

That's not necessarily true IMO.
Even if the person being interviewed is an extremely good orrator and extremely intelligent person who is knowledgeable about what is going on and how to overcome the situation, you CAN'T overcome a situation like this if they don't even give you the time to get your point across. In this case, Hannity didn't even let the guy answer the friggin question he asked this guy. That's exactly what happened here. I mean honestly, look what happened in this interview.. Discrediting, belittling, and simply domination of the entire discussion.. This guy had no way to even talk about what he was there to talk about in order fully to get his message across.

I guarantee you this guy in the video is at least a "good" orrator because he is a college professor and obviously would have to be an expert on this material just in order to defend his viewpoint with facts and logic. But when you are lured onto a show like this (like he was) and literally dominated, belittled, and stomped on by Hannity, how can you even expect anyone to even care about what you're discussing? I could only imagine having to be in a hot-seat like that and having to be in this guy's situation. I actually thought he handled it rather well !!!! I mean, I would've flipped him off and walked away right there !!

-ChriS

[edit on 17-8-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
YES!!!
Im glad more and more people are realizing how this works.

The beautiful thing is that once you see how it works, it no longer works on you. You become immune to the programming because you train your brain to think critically and logically.

These tactics are used by people everyday. Sometimes for good sometimes for bad.

I make an effort to point it out in conversations, if I deem the tactics being used in a negative way.

It is important that people learn to understand how the mind actually works, and to be able to hedge against those who obtain lethal tongues.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

excellent work

thanks for sharing this..

the people should create a new channel for news that only shows the truth

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

This thread is fricking awesome! I am learning alot more about NLP than I ever knew before. I downloaded some ebooks on it... not that helpful. NOW these videos.... SUPER AWESOME... Being immune is one things being empowered by using it is quite another. I mean I have had fast talkers attempt to run game on me before. And they got no money outta me because no matter how sure they "believed" they were right...they were not.

Now watching the dog races you can see they go for the dim bulbs. Its kinda like the force in this respect. The weaker minds were targeted. Now in the interview they were dealing with a college professor... They were partly successful but not every control attempt made it.... OF course about the time the professor seems to catch on .. in his eyes you can see it... He caught on and gave up. One can see he saw what was going on but did not now how to combat it.... about then all he can do is plow through it as you can see him trying to do by giveing away those web site addys... but hannity overtalks him like a freaking MOCKINGBIRD SPOOK!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden
It has also been suggested that Fox news used NLP to announce Bush had won when he really had not or the race was to close to call. The fact remains that they were indeed the first network to call the race for Bush.

What worries me is if NLP is being used by the networks, they can basically make anyone see what they want them to see.

Your assertion that FoxNews (and typically any news media outlet) could INFLUENCE the outcome of an election hit home. I don't believe that any MEDIA OUTLET should be able to discuss or disclose the election results in a non-factual context on election day. With 2-3 hours lead time, they could gerry-rig the elections in favor of one candidate or another. They should not discuss it or call it or attempt to call it.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Here is some more linguistic programming.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by piltdown

It's interesting that the guy on the clip mentions Stephen Colbert. Colbert is actually playing a caricature of a right wing talk show host. He doesn't really believe these things the way Hannity does. If he uses NLP techniques then he is a great actor indeed.

That's my point. He is acting. And he is damn good at it. Hannity and O'Reilly are the real deal. Most intelligent people can see right through Colbert. That's why he is so funny. He's like a SNL character.

I was never on the debate team but I've learned a few things over the years and if I want to control a conversation I WILL. The professor was screened by the producers and IMO didn't possess the skills to defend his argument. It's a shame good people get bullied like that.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet
BUT!

There is a counter to this. The person being interviewed can counter this if they are an exceptional orrator and they posses PERFECT recollection and knowledge of the subject.

The videos showed no such telents of the people being interviewed, as FOX made sure to select weak minded poor debaters.

Let's be real here. FOX isn't making sure to select "weak minded poor debaters." When is the last time any "strong minded debater" was willing to come on a Fox show? Yeah.. none of them are willing to be owned. Democrats are real quick to point the finger, aren't they?

Congratulations, people are learning Fox news is pro repub. In other news the democrats still have CBS, NBC, and ABC. The difference is Fox news actually allows democrats equal time on their shows, hence forth where the fair and balanced bit comes into play. When one of the other stations actually moves to fair and balanced... let me know. There's a good reason why Fox is leading the nation in news networks, and it's not because of the Jedi mind trick. It's because the voting republicans actually watch the news unlike the voting democrats, and they got tired of biased bull# on the other networks. Fox came along and boom.

Get over it, move along to more important issues.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
IN the battle of the six inch game (your mind) NLP is a tool you need to know about, seems to go along with other stuff i have applied looslely like meta- programming as well as some EFT work.

very interesting stuff, one thing is that i have found that serratonin is the creativity neurotransmitter and Noradrenaline is the FOCUS neurotransmitter, if there are behaviors you would like to improve (give yourself better options) or think outside the box, taking supplements like 5htp combined with a little Saint johns wort can be effective boosters of serratonin, also them seem to slow time dowwwwnnnn a bit

[edit on 18-8-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

It certainly isn't working with me. I don't believe a word they say.

In fact, the first times I saw this "news channel", same goes for CNN, I thought it was comic actors pretending to be a news channel (like Comedy Central!). My friends had a really hard time convincing me that "Fox News" actually claimed to be a serious news channel, and that the idiots on it, presenters and guests, where actually serious about all the bullsh*t coming out of there mouths...

I now stick to some serious news channels, like Comedy Central!

For real news and reporting read a serious Newspaper, like New York Times or Washington Post, for comedy or brain damage watch any of the 24/7 Cable "News" networks...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I'm a big big big Colbert fan and i agree, he does use these techniques but without an objective, his whole purpose of The Colbert Report is to be a complete mockery of O Reilly, HE even admits that. He's a copy, paste, improvement of Bill. The fact that he uses them makes him that much funnier.

And to the poster with the problem with the pinky remark: I didn't have a problem with it. He (commentator) didn't just say Little Pinky = Little Penis. He said the little pinky is a hand gesture that is used to make the person feel inferior, little penis was only an example he used.

But i am having a problem wrapping my head around FOX = 666. I see how he got the equation but will someone explain to me what the point is to use this? I'm fully open minded as always, just lost and lacking knowledge lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join