It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 year old held in military prison~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
9 Year Old Boy Held in US Prison in Iraq...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Iraqui's are not people according to Americans, they made that quite clear ages ago. I am bored with this stuff, Israeli's have been doing this for ages with Palestinians.......nothing new here at all....enjoy your "unshakable commitment"...and pray nobody decides to treat you like you treat others.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bubbles75

who were you talking to?

i love all people..we are all one

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I've been waiting to see if anyone is going to respond to this. Its hard to do, because its so outrageous and so against everything that is familiar to North American society and ways of operating that this is reprehensible. No we aren't going to just shut up and accept or get used to this as the one responder seems to think we should. Far from it! I think we need to see if theres a group or something that is working on this so we can actually get involved via signatures and letter writing to show our leaders that this is beyond acceptable. Performing citizens arrests for breaking UN resolutions and Genova Laws also would be interesting, as this is probably highly illegal, except or their "extra powers" which also are hardly legal as they go against the contitution and therefore must be stopped. Hope more are going to respond, though its hard. Because you just don't know what to say. We need addresses to address this with. Who? Anmesty International? Who is on this case?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
9 year olds aren't able to commit crime? How many will pick up a gun and shoot Americans?

You really believe all of their stories are true without checking any of them? You can't be that gullible.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
JohnMike...something tells me he didnt shoot american troops....

serious question to you JohnMike.. are you a dis-info agent?, always wanted to ask that based on your many replies. take care now, bye bye then

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
9 year olds aren't able to commit crime? How many will pick up a gun and shoot Americans?

You really believe all of their stories are true without checking any of them? You can't be that gullible.

No, 9 year olds CANNOT commit crime, DE JURE. They lack the mens rea.

Let me translate that for you. In the United States, you cannot hold a CHILD (not young adult) responsible for a crime, BY LAW, because they lack the inherent ability to discern right from wrong. They cannot have a "guilty mind". Whether they actually committed a criminal act or not is beside the point.

I must also point out this: I would hope and pray that if the United States were ever invaded, that we would train 9 year olds to shoot and kill the invaders (along with everyone else).

Edit to add: What are the lines from that 80s song?

Teach your children quietly
for some day sons and daughters
will rise up when we stood still!

[edit on 18-8-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So far I've found this:

www.globalpolicy.org...

"They are like dogs and if you allow them to believe at any point that they are more than dogs then you've lost control of them."
- Major General Geoffrey Miller

The US and its Iraqi government partners are holding thousands of Iraqi citizens in detention without due process. These detainees are not charged with a crime, nor can they defend themselves against accusations or have a trial in a court of law....

Rather than police, heavily-armed soldiers make the arrests....

The Red Cross has described house arrests as follows: "Arresting authorities entered houses usually after dark, breaking down doors, waking up residents roughly, yelling orders, forcing family members into one room under military guard while further searching the rest of the house and further breaking doors, cabinets and other property. They arrested suspects, tying their hands in the back with flexi-cuffs, hooding them, and taking them away. Sometimes they arrested all adult males present in the house, including elderly, handicapped or sick people. Treatment often included pushing people around, insulting, taking aim with rifles, punching and kicking and striking with rifles. Individuals were often led away in whatever they were wearing at the time of arrest - sometimes in pajamas or underwear - and were denied the opportunity to gather a few essential belongings such as clothing, hygiene items, medicines or eyeglasses."[3] The Red Cross has also mentioned many allegations of theft of personal property, including money and automobiles, by arresting troops.[4] The Red Cross noted in 2004 that 70-90% of those taken into custody appeared to have been arrested "by mistake."...

Thousands of Iraqis Arbitrarily Held Since the early days of the occupation, US forces have taken thousands of Iraqis into custody for "security" reasons. By January 2004, the official list of such detainees numbered 8,500 but the real count was widely believed to be higher....

Among the detainees have been women, the elderly, and even two hundred juveniles, according to a July 2006 IRIN News estimate.[11] Reports speak of children as young as ten years old having been held for long periods.[12] Many have suffered from serious trauma as a result of their prison experience.[13] US General Janis Karpinski, former commander of prison guards in Iraq, told military interviewers that she met a boy in a US prison who was listed as an eleven-year-old but looked closer to eight. The boy was crying, she said, and asking for his mother....

The US holds nearly all its prisoners in an unclear legal status - without definition of their rights. US authorities have used the vague terms "enemy combatants," "security detainees," "security internees," and "persons under custody."...

While torture and abuse have been the worst aspect of Coalition prisons, authorities have also subjected detainees to unacceptable and inhumane conditions of incarceration, which violate international human rights standards. Reports have spoken of poor food and bad quality water, prisoners exposed to extremes of temperature, grossly overcrowded cells, and seriously inadequate sanitation arrangements. [69] General Paul Mikolashek reported that at Abu Ghraib, garbage and sewage covered the grounds of the outdoor camps, bathing facilities were minimal, fresh water was in short supply and detainee meals were frequently contaminated with dirt and rodent droppings. [70] In order to pressure prisoners and to "soften them up" for interrogation, guards at many facilities have reportedly withheld or greatly curtailed access to food and water, punitively limited visits to the latrine, confined inmates to fetid isolation cells, and removed mattresses, sheets and prisoners' clothing....

In September, 2005, Iraqi Justice Minister Abdul Hussein Shandal said "No citizen should be arrested without a court order. There is abuse [of human rights] due to detentions, which are overseen by the Multinational Force and are not in the control of the Justice Ministry."[85] UN Secretary General Kofi Annan repeatedly called attention to the Coalition's policies of arbitrary imprisonment, referring in 2005 to "the detention of thousands of persons without due process." Annan also noted that "prolonged detention without access to lawyers and courts is prohibited under international law, including during states of emergency."[86] In March 2006, Annan again reiterated these concerns, making a clear judgment that the Coalition's arguments about security are "unacceptable."[87] UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Louise Arbour has made the same point and the UN Assistance Mission in Iraq has frequently criticized the mass-detention operations and the large number of detainees without access to judicial review....

And apparently it is against all international laws, and against national laws as well, minus the fact they have somehow concocted a nowhere land for these people by not labeling them something pertitent like prisoners of war or criminal detainees. However it is completely against UN and the Geneva Conventions and is outlawed even in a state of emergency.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
There is more on this topic here as well:

www.aclu.org...

In a supplemental report to the U.N. Committee on the Rights of the Child (CRC) made public today, the U.S. government revealed that it has no comprehensive policy in place for dealing with youth detained by the U.S. military in Iraq and Afghanistan, including nearly 2,500 youths under the age of 18 that have been held in U.S.-run facilities overseas to date.

According to the ACLU, the lack of protections and consideration for the juvenile status of detainees violates the obligations of the U.S. under the Optional Protocol on the Involvement of Children in Armed Conflict that the U.S. ratified in 2002, as well as universally accepted international norms. The CRC oversees compliance with the Optional Protocol, which mandates countries to protect children under 18 from military recruitment and guarantees basic protections to former child soldiers. The CRC will question a U.S. government delegation on its compliance with Protocol obligations on May 22 in Geneva...

According to the government report, approximately 2,500 youths under the age of 18 have been held, in some cases for months and years without being charged with a crime, in U.S.-run facilities overseas. As of April 2008, there are approximately 500 youths being held in US-run detention facilities in Iraq alone. The government report claims that it is holding Iraqi children in prison in order to educate them to "contribute positively to the future of Iraq."

Imagine, torture and horrendous conditions including rat infected food is being claimed as an educational experience so these Iraqi children will be able to contribute in a positive manner to the country in the future, I imagine after they have clearly learned they are considered non-humans and dogs, they may become the kind of Iraqi's US leaders desire.

Edit to add: I think many many letters and phone calls are in order to put a permanent end to this, don't you? I'm going to work my nerve.

Edit to add again: my phone calls will under be irate!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

hehe..much love to you bro

dont let them get to you too much brother!

acting on this will help out the planet imo
www.kucinich.us...
www.nesara.us...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herbal Oli
JohnMike...something tells me he didnt shoot american troops....

So you're just making this up now?
What are you, two?

Originally posted by Herbal Oli
serious question to you JohnMike.. are you a dis-info agent?, always wanted to ask that based on your many replies. take care now, bye bye then

Yes, I am currently employed by the U.S. Department of Defense Counterintelligence Division for the purposes of spreading and eliminating desirable and undesirable intelligence, respectively. I have also received a 2.5 million dollar grant from Exxon-Mobil for my work dismantling negative suspicions against the oil industry. 1.3 million from Pfeiffer, who has tasked me with responding to claims of alternative therapy by pushing their products.
Just kidding.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975
reply to post by mystiq

www.kucinich.us...
www.nesara.us...

You must mean sister.
I really don't know what to make of the nesara information, but i have a friend really into it for years. The whole positive message is something to hope for though. But when it comes to doing stuff like a few phone calls and letters and signatures that help real people here, especially children, its not too hard to get involved.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
America's enemies have much more honor than America's lawmakers.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Typical ATS. Yep, America is "evil" and the rest of the world is good.

Yet another reason why ATS is killing ATS.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

reply to post by tomfrusso

An inappropriate comment responding to an inappropriate comment? Honestly now.

The first comment was bad because it was a one-liner and did not address the topic at hand, and the second comment was bad because there is no "typical" ATS, since everybody is different.

As far as the imprisoned kid(s) goes, being held for no reason with no trial is never right no matter how you look at it.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The Americans are turning slowly but surely into the New NAZI'S.
They show very little respect for others and will want to put 1000's into jail without rights or a open court. They torture and kill 100's a year in the name of GREED.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

Originally posted by Skipper1975
reply to post by mystiq

www.kucinich.us...
www.nesara.us...

You must mean sister.
I really don't know what to make of the nesara information, but i have a friend really into it for years. The whole positive message is something to hope for though. But when it comes to doing stuff like a few phone calls and letters and signatures that help real people here, especially children, its not too hard to get involved.

oh,sorry sister

yeah NESARA/first contact will happen before 2012....TPTW are just going down in a blaze of glory right now..

we have the Divine plan on our side...

to the dark ones...you can join the light there is still time and i will send you all my love and copmassion

top topics

join