It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left makes a good point

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Executive power must not enroach on freedom of speech,fairness for all,and tolerance.Surveillance and other draconian forms of surveillance on the citizens whos strength a nation needs,is counter productive to building trust between a citizen and their govt.In other words ,no infringement on freedoms at the cost security.So toss the patriot act and likewise laws in other allied countries and discuss with the citizens ideas on securing the country first.Communications between allied countries (NATO)must strengthen with dialogue.
This trust needs to be built with dialogue.The internet provides this means of communication.The internet can fix the education gap in the US.Energy independance achieved by creating jobs in all forms of alternative energy.Oil profits diverted to do this with Americans kept in the loop on whats going on.Blogs are pretty good for this.Enemies of course will attempt disrupt this.Once again its the citizen who is the first line of defense.American citizens, i believe ,they have an opportunity to have more time thinking and dicussing how to make to world a better place for everyone.

This is just my opinion

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

freedom of speech,fairness for all,and tolerance.

Wasn't aware these were left/ right issues. I wish people would get past defining issues as left or right. If these are propagated as leftist beliefs people who believe themselves to be on the right believe it to be their responsibility to counter such beliefs even if they would otherwise agree.

Good post none the less.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by harvib]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So true, that is not a "left" only / Democrat stand. Constitutionalist Republicans, Constitutionalist Independents & Libertarians have these issues "front loaded" in their issues list.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There CAN be good people on both sides of the ilse...

And, there ARE bad people on both sides...

If people think they can make decisions based on (D) or (R)...

You are infact a moron... even if you don't feel like it...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
vaery true harvib. I find myself railing on this issue constantly on ATS (and elsewhere). If we are to have any chance of turning things around we all MUST stop thinking in terms of left/right; Democrat/Republican; red/blue; conservative/liberal; Mac/PC; Pepsi/Coke, etc. These are artificial categories designed to divide. In truth, things are rarely so black and white. There is almost always a broad range of thought in-between. Do people really believe that there is no such thing as a liberal Republican living in a 'blue' state? We absolutely MUST get ourselves out of this us-versus-them mentality. It is largely this that perpetuates the current sorry state in which we find ourselves.

top topics

join