It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling for a Dream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This may seem really strange to most of you, I know it is strange for me, and rather depressing at times.

For the past two weeks now I have been having some rather unusual dreams. One constant in these dreams is that whoever I am in that dream, is trying to save some female. Whoever I am in my dream always saves her right before I wake up, but I don't wake up right away. The two in my dreams always stay with each other for what seems like an hour or two in my dream before I wake. During this time whoever I am in my dream (I say this because I'm not dreaming of myself, I'm dreaming that I'm someone else.) experiances a happiness unlike anything I've ever felt in my life. When I wake up to discover it is all a dream, I feel upset and at times, depressed. The fact that I was feeling this amazing thing only to wake up and it all be gone is rather discouraging.

It has gotten to the point where I'd rather be dreaming than awake. Is it possible to fall for someone in a dream? I'm not exactly sure where to go from here with the whole deal, but any advice is welcome.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

This has happened to me too, falling for a woman in a dream, not just any woman, not a normal dream, because in this dream I felt VERY POWERFUL emotions, emotions I have never felt before for any girl. Then I wake up
haha.

Edit: Wow I just remembered, I was ALSO trying to save the girl!?

[edit on 17-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wow, thats some strangeness. Any reoccuring constants in your dreams or abnormalities? I know I've been having dreams where I have a sense of taste, I was able to read in one of my dreams and the colors blue green and a very little bit of orange seem to be the only ones I can remember.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius
Wow, thats some strangeness. Any reoccuring constants in your dreams or abnormalities? I know I've been having dreams where I have a sense of taste, I was able to read in one of my dreams and the colors blue green and a very little bit of orange seem to be the only ones I can remember.

Let's just say I have a lot of strangeness in my dreams. But because you mentioned taste, well I think I recall something about taste, but sound is more common, like waking up to a loud sound, like yesterday in my dream I heard a plane outside, I looked outside the window and saw a harrier right outside my window, a few meters away, hovering sideways, looking towards my direction, then it shot something, BAM! I wake up and hear it SO LOUD, as real as it can be.

Another thing is after images, I wake up see my room, but can still see the last image of my dream, like a see through image in my view.

Edit: Do you remember what the girl looks like? is she different each time?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
She varies from time to time, but there is something about her that makes me know it is the same person. It's fairly frustrating to be depressed over something that i'm dreaming about. I dont even want to go into how I feel when I don't remember my dreams.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yeah varies with me too, actually hard to remember, but one time I remember, she looked kind of like half japanese or something.
The other time I just remember she was really pretty maybe golden brown/blond hair, so a bit different. This time I remember flying in the dream.
And other times, hard to remember.

I remember the feelings more than the details, I wish I could remember more thou.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I would of thought your almost always dreaming your flying. Espeaiclly with the attached vampire wings

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I had just remembered something else a bit strange. I have a friend who is a, for a lack of a better term, witchdoctor of sorts. He knows alot about magicks, healings, spiritual stuff ect. When I was talking to him about my dreams, he told me that I should make a special note on the condition of any water I was around. If it was clear, it was a good sign, if it was murky, it was a bad omen.

The last dream I remember I was some humanoid who was fighting off this group of humanoids that lived under water. I remember the place he took the girl to after he saved her was like a giant oil rig in the middle of an ocean. There was a couch inside, a television that didnt work, a counter with a sink in it. I remember a foul taste from that dream, also I was able to read something although I cannot remember what I read now. More importantly, I remember I could not see through the surface of the water, but I could see fine when I was under it.

The very next day I got into a bad accident and am still pretty messed up from it. So you tell me, coincidence that I had a dream with water that wasn't very clean, my friend telling me its a bad omen the day before, then getting into an accident? Or was it more than a coincidence?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathpoet69
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I would of thought your almost always dreaming your flying. Espeaiclly with the attached vampire wings

What do you mean vampire wing?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

Yeah strange. I have no idea.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I find your dreams very interesting. Do you mind me asking if you are looking for your soul mate?
Also the humanoids dreams are strange but I think I understand. PM me so we can talk about it, I have had similar experiences.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Wellt hat's a toughie. It truly could be a desire. I am always wary around dream intepretation as having mystical meanings...although I am a pagan and enjoy mysticism...huh...maybe I better search in my own feelings.

Oh well....

Anyway I have always felt wary about it. I can only tell you of what I have learned in studying psychology really. Let me ask you a few questions.

1. All of these women, which I assume are different, do they have any similar or recurring features you are aware of?

2. Describe the feelings as best you can when you wake up.

If I think of more I will be sure to ask.

I am sure with all the mighty paraphilias that exist this isn't all that odd. I am in no way making fun of all the other individuals who have paraphillias but if one can be attracted to plants and trees I see no reason why this couldn't happen. I would further guess this happens to several people though I imagine some may be apprehensive to admit it.

I wonder if perhaps you may be dreaming up your actual dream girl. The only thing I may caution is that should you find some girl outside of this dream that you cherish and adore, try not to compare too much to the dreams themselves.

I've told other people this and they get furious at me. They say I have no idea what I am saying and who knows, maybe they are right but I have found something very fascinating in life. Maybe you can relate and maybe not.

I adore movies and Japanese animation because it is my escapre from real life if only for an hour or two. It let's me enter a world where I don't have to wonder if I have enough money to pay for food, does my boss like me, or am I doing ok as a husband. Now some people adore their dreams much the same. I myself dream and remember probably 6 out of 7 days of the week. I have had some amazing dreams and I too feel depressed when I wake and leave this beautiful world I was in. There is so much magic to it so why would anyone wish to leave?

The thing I figured out is once you find your path in life (and I promise this is not religious in any manner) you will find the magic that can exist in your actual life can far outweigh what exists inside a dream. Now please don't take this wrong. I am not knocking your dreams at all. They could for all I know have a special meaning that is spiritual in nature. They could also be the most beautiful thing you will ever see. I am very open to almost any possibility. Regardless of what it is I do hope you find some lovely magic that makes you whole and happy.

I eagerly await your response.

-Kyo

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It's been a hot minute since I've posted in this thread.

I hate to say it, but I think I've totally lost my mind anymore.

It used to be a tough situation to wake up in the morning feeling like my girlfriend just got stolen away from me, but its just gone brutal from there.

I don't know if it is stress from my life putting its impact into my dreams, but the power of the emotions that it causes me to feel are nothing short of overwhelming anymore. It has gotten to the point where i dont even want to sleep anymore because of the way i feel when i have these dreams.

It is frustrating to live in a circle of anguish, i guess the word for it would be.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have had this too. Without the rescuing bit:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I also feel stronger love for these people than I have ever felt for anyone in real life.

The first dream - I was a passenger in a red sports car going over a bridge - something like the Golden Gate. There was a beautiful blond girl driving. I tried talking to her but she ignored me. I felt like I had known this person forever and I was deeply in love with her. I was crushed that she didn't respond to me. I just put my head down on the middle arm rest and I feel like she was upset because she wasn't allowed to comfort me or acknowledge me. Very short dream but very profound. I actually woke up crying.

In another dream I was with a girl (I believe to be the same as the one above) and we were standing in a house. It was dark in the house so I couldn't make out her face very well, but I just "knew" it was her. I gave her a hug but again she didn't show any emotion back.

In the last dream I remember, I'm at a zoo or an amusement park of some kind - just outside the gate getting ready to go in. In the crowd I spot a girl. She has dark hair this time instead of blond. I forget how the conversation went, but we did start to talk. I had that same overwhelming feeling of love again. I was about to ask her name since we finally got a chance to talk. Before I could she went from smiling and shy to looking very upset and ran off. To me it feels like she was trying to interact with me "in disguise" or something and when I caught on she had to leave.

My take on this is that maybe there's someone "on the other side" (for lack of better terms) that is waiting for me. They aren't allowed to interact with me so as not to disturb what happens in the life I currently have, but they check in on me from time to time.

Either that or I have some emotional issues to work through. Either way I'm glad I'm not the only one that has these types of dreams.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I had my spirit guide come into my dreams every night for a month solid and do all types of wild things for me. She'd done it to get my attention and now it's one of those things I laugh about when the topic of "How'd you meet your guide" comes up.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
i've had a recurring dream like this over this past year or so

well, i don't really know if i could honestly call it a "recurring" dream

anyway, i'll just explain

the first time i had the dream, i met her and there was a sense of real danger and urgency around us. she was the most beautiful vision i have ever seen before or since and i immediately knew that she was "the one", which was funny since i also had that sneaking feeling that it was too good to be true lol

it seemed like the sense of urgency came to a crescendo and then all at once everything was darkness. it was like the world had ended but i was still there and she was right there with me. i couldn't see anything but her and we lay there for what seemed like days. it wasn't sexual, my feelings were more focused than i've ever felt in real life. it was purity and it felt like it would never end.

toward the end of my dream, i felt myself returning to reality and became saddened and began to weep. she sat up and brushed the tears from my cheek and said, "you're only waking up. everything will be ok. i will see you again. i love you." and with that i awoke, tears running down my face but i could swear to you right now that i could still feel her. i felt as if she'd truly been there moments before and i could still feel where she had wiped my tears away. i could feel the air beginning to chill the warmth i felt against my body where she was only moments before.

months passed and i still thought of that dream. i had told my friend about it and she said that maybe there was something to it. she said that maybe i'd somehow tapped into the consciousness of my soul mate. me being me, i don't know much about soul mates or things like that so i really didn't know what to think.

one night, i was in the middle of a nightmare. i was running from whatever terror was haunting me at that particular moment and then at once it all melted away. i was in that place of darkness, that empty space where i had been a few months before. i turned around and there she was, just as beautiful as ever. i haven't the words to describe facial features but her hair was the same sandy blonde as before, her skin the same tone. she wasn't pale but she wasn't really dark complected either. her eyes were the same gorgeous blue from the dream i'd had before and i smiled i think the biggest smile i have ever been able to muster. i think i actually smiled in the real world it was so big lol.

we walked toward each other slowly and raised our hands in the air, gently passing our fingers across each others hands and then, being the suave guy with the smoothest lines in all the land said, "hi"

she smiled and kind of shook her head and giggled and then she said, "see, i told you we'd see each other again." and then grabbed me and we just held one another as we had before, for what seemed as much like hours as it did minutes and soon i once again felt that terrible call of the waking world. before i woke up i stared into her eyes so that i could savor that feeling of wholeness, to carry it into my life. as i began to wake up i said, will i see you again?" and she said, "yes you will, i can guarantee it"

i woke up this time with a smile, not tears because i know what she said was true and i will see her again. i'm starting to think my friend was right and maybe that is my soul mate. it seemed too real just to be something fake but no matter, the lesson it taught me is one of hope. it taught me that sometimes things happen that i will never understand and that it's ok to have these emotions that are in me. it's taught me how deep my heart can feel and how it will feel when i'm with the one for me. i've not found her again in six months so maybe that was the lesson i needed to learn or maybe it's just not the right time but i still think about her and in an odd way, i miss her.

sorry for all these words but it feels good to get them out, especially when telling people who have had similar experiences. it makes me feel good to know i'm not the only one

***edited because i didn't explain properly at first

[edit on 19-10-2008 by Barathrum]

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
You know it's funny I've had the same kind of dreams you describe, but I'm a girl so it's kinda the opposite. In my dreams there is a guy who is usually helping me or saving me. The guy in my dream is a detective, not a knight in shining armour or anything though lol.

The first time I remember seeing him in my dreams was when I was about, hmm I think 12 or 13? And yeah he saved me from some criminals or something. He had blonde hair, was wearing sunglasses and had on this black leather-type outfit. I guess he kinda looked like Neo from the Matrix but with blonde hair lol. I wouldn't of gotten that image from the Matrix though, cos I hadn't watched it yet, but that's what he looked like.

Then, I think the last dream I remember I had with him in it, he was flying towards me and was trying to trap me (he was a bad guy) but then a while later in my dream he was a good guy and he was my boyfriend and we were sitting on a train and I think he was holding my hands. Or I think there was another dream I had more recently, bad people were after me and he was helping me and we were in his car being chased. It was a pretty exciting dream lol, after all car chases are awesome lol.

But yeah anyway, I've experienced some pretty powerful feelings as well in my dreams but then when I wake up, I find myself wishing I could've stayed asleep longer or that this guy actually exists. It's just so strange, the feelings are so powerful, it's hard to forget them easily. But you know maybe it is just a psychological thing? Maybe the brain is trying to create what it can't find in real life? Or maybe it really is a spiritual thing. I guess we won't know until we've found that person.

Hey, here's a weird idea. What if it's some sort of past life thing that you're seeing? Like with the people that you see in your dreams and the connection that you had, but your brain is putting both of you in a modern scenario?? That would be pretty weird, but not very likely I'd imagine lol.

Anyway, like others have expressed, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had these types of dreams either

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Barathrum

You articulated the feelings much better than I did, but definitely similar. So maybe there's something to all of this - maybe we really are being visited by a "soul mate" of sorts. That or it's relatively common for people to "dream" this sort of thing.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

When I was little I fell in love with another girl. She was the one who played 'Wendy' in Mary Martin's Peter Pan.

My mother said that this was just a crush and that it would be better if I chose a boy.

So a while later I came up to her and said I thought she was right and now I was in love with Peter Pan.

She laughed.

Only later did I learn that Peter Pan was a woman.

How confusing!

Here's a picture of her:

[edit on 30/10/2008 by Syandos]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I have indeed fallen in love with girls in my dreams, but the dreams have never had anyone trying to save the girl. I would assume this happens because your mind creates THE perfect girl for you based on your standards.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join