It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What percentage of anti-'x' posters are failed petitioners?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
While reading through the secret society posts, noting the degree of vitriol some anti posters have for a specific group (Greek fraternity, Masons, etc.), I wonder how many of them began their slide into hatred after being rejected for membership?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking04
While reading through the secret society posts, noting the degree of vitriol some anti posters have for a specific group (Greek fraternity, Masons, etc.), I wonder how many of them began their slide into hatred after being rejected for membership?

Oh come off it! Having seen some of behaviour of group minds, you insult the human race.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Masonwatcher:

I wasn't referring to you, so you may park your paranoia. However, as you bring up insulting, your avatar is very offensive.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Masonwatcher:
I wasn't referring to you, so you may park your paranoia. However, as you bring up insulting, your avatar is very offensive.

A resounding "Amen!" to that. Former President Truman (whose picture that is...well...WAS) is probably rolling in his grave.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I don't know that I have ever turned away a petitioner except for showing up for Initiation drunk.

I don't think there is a correlation.

The only thing that will really turn you away from the masons is having a felony conviction, or not believing in God.

So if that correlates, look who the antis are!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Firstly, the post also refers to those who are also anti other organizations, to include the 'greek' fraternities, not exclusively anti-masonic.

Second, I am aware of men being rejected due to reasons other than moral issues, because they were petitioning for the wrong reasons, bad feeling given to the investigating committee, etc.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

reply to post by emsed1

Firstly, the post also refers to those who are also anti other organizations, to include the 'greek' fraternities, not exclusively anti-masonic.

Second, I am aware of men being rejected due to reasons other than moral issues, because they were petitioning for the wrong reasons, bad feeling given to the investigating committee, etc.

That is true and something I hadn't considered.

I think I just did what I always complain about others doing, that is making an assumption that something is about masonry when it necessarily wasn't.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Not a problem, Brother E., I hope that my response didn't come across as 'snippy'. That was not my intent, but after I reread it, realized that it could be taken as such.

Good evening.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

reply to post by emsed1

Not a problem, Brother E., I hope that my response didn't come across as 'snippy'. That was not my intent, but after I reread it, realized that it could be taken as such.

Good evening.

Not at all!

new topics

top topics

join