It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Survivalist's Your opinions please...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hi All.

I would like to know what SitX you believe that you may face at some point in your life here in the UK and what planning you are doing for the required SitX.

I am planning at the moment for Civil unrest and Flooding.

I would love to hear from all of you, on your preps, I don't want to know where your hidey hole is or anything like that, I just want to make sure i'm on the right path for a given Sitx.

Many thanks.

Colec156

P.S. DAN TANNER, I would like to chat with you about my BOB.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Planning for lack of electricity with building my own gasifier to power a generator when there is no fuel also planning for lack of drinking water. Lack of food, lack of basics. I have texts on how to smoke with palns to build my own smoker and text on how to make salt from sea water. I dont have to worry about flooding as I am high up in the hills. Also a gasifier can be used to run a veichle

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

Click on my 'why prepare?" for details..but pretty much the same as you.
The current economy is heading rapidly downhill..that in turn will lead to various Sit-X's..Homeless..foodless..jobless..unrest..riots..etc.

But who knows..it could just as well turn out rosy n lovely..

...but just in case..
prepare.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by colec156

Same as you mate...civil unrest and flooding, I'm focused more on flooding at this time since there was some heavy rainfall a few weeks back and quite a few houses were flooded in my area.

Your definetly on the right track

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i am looking forward to it all, who needs to prepare enjoy the ride dont be such a 'pussie'.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by deathpoet69

Everyone should be prepared...if the SHTF whos gonna look after your family??

Certainly not the government, they will be to busy saving themselves.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ill look after my own in my own way, tar. I think, ill go up to the moutains deep underground. I am keeping my samuris as well, as if am going to hand them in to the goverment hahaha!.

Anyways, the possiblity of flooding is a realistic one, rioting could be a realistic one, but its not somthing to be botherd about, come on? it only concerns those who havent experianced extreme, certainly dont bother me. Anyways, theres enough killing in newcastle and durham, you especially should be use to it.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by deathpoet69]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am all ears dude.

What do you need to know? contents? well heres a quick run through of whats inside my BOB. You should make sure though that what you buy for yours, you are comfortable with and can get a fair bit of practise with.

So, in no order of usefullness, just the order it springs to mind in.

FIRE KIT.
1xBlastmatch, 1xSwedish steel, 1x100% magnesium block, 60xWet fuel tablets. 1xpack of tinder card.

(Its not over kill, as different things have different uses).

Fishing kit. 1000 yards of 15lb line, 250 hooks at sizes between 12 and 8.

2xSignal mirror.

300 yards paracord.

1XBasha and bungees.

1xComprehensive first aid kit, 2xsingle person kits.

Water purification kit, water straw and long use filter.

2xEmergency survival bags (one for snow the other for rainy climates).

3 varied size knives. 2xmultitools, 1xAxe, 1xmachete, 2xfolding saw. bastard file for repairs, sharpeners for honing.

1xFlexible saw for lopping high branches / small trees in a hurry with.

1xsewing kit. Including duct tape and other fixing tapes.

gloves/hat/shema for cold weather.

2xshoe insoles for both mine and my wifes boots.

screwdriver with combo head set, tin snips and various wires for snares ect.

1xCooking set.

All weighs in at a respectable 40lb all done.

Hope that gives a very rough BOB list for ideas or pondering over. Any questions, feel free to u2u me or ask here.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
1xpocket sized SAS survival guide scavanged and laminated.

If you can get one of those, laminate the traps / foods pages and have them in your kit as 'reminder cards' they are the mutts mate. Also laminate shelter building and wtaer gathering pages. All in all stands as 20 pages.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If your planning on heading to the "mountains" your still gonna need supplies otherwise you could get off guard by a storm/gangs/government, same with the caves...people will have the same idea as you and will be heading the same way.

Remember proper planning prevents p*** poor performance, you cannit go into these situations under prepared otherwise you'll end up getting robbed or worse.

edit:

Yeah I'm used to it now thats why I want to be as prepared as possible, I'll make sure I have enough supplies to get me by and if anyone tries to rob me I'll make sure they regret it.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by fred3110]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fred3110

you are right, i dont have a gun though? or bullets. so ok, ill back down, whats your ideas?, how to prepare?. Do i find a material art, buy a inllegal gun? ( which i can buy), gangs aint a problem for me.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fred3110

hey thats what i like to hear fred the killing mind, love it.
I would just kill a human and eat it, saves the hassle, i dont know were to buy all those things the guy has said above, so if i you can u2u me and ill start finding it, do i need a big bag?. i need more than just the things to get i need to know were to buy it in the north east.
Thanks,

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathpoet69

you are right, i dont have a gun though? or bullets. so ok, ill back down, whats your ideas?, how to prepare?. Do i find a material art, buy a inllegal gun? ( which i can buy), gangs aint a problem for me.

That above post is why 'survivalists' get a really, really terrible name. Its not about 'guns / gangs' its about being mentally prepped for an event which is life altering in some degree or other.

If the big SITX happens, then all bets are off though.

Please keep 'guns and illegal talk' out of the forum as it makes people think we are all deranged rambo wanna bes with no mind or skills.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathpoet69.
Do i find a material art, buy a inllegal gun? ( which i can buy), ?

Just be careful of discussing 'inllegal' topics on here as they're against the t&c and could be used against you if someone from the 'other side' is reading.

Never EVER think you're above attack or 'down' with the local wildlife.
That's just being totally naive and would get you into a whole heap of doo-doo.

Hanging with the 'in-crowd' won't stop someone desperate trying to scavenge for his/her family.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I wasn't talking about killing anyone if they tried to rob me I just said they'd regret it, I dont know how I'd react but I'm hoping it wouldn't end up with someone dying!

Dans right about the gun issue, you dont need a gun to survive, snaring/trapping would be much more effective + you can use them again where as with bullets once you've used them all you're pretty screwed.

As for the supplies...you need a bag first to carry all your gear, then concentrate on priorities...whats the obvious things you need to survive, water, shelter, food, warmth, medicine.

Check out Truthseekers thread for more information on supplies...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for where to get them in town, theres 3 shops that I know of, 1 is opposite anne summers, 1 is on the big market and the other is about 200 meters down the road from the theater royal.

The best one out of them all is the 1 on the big market its very cheap and it covers lots of the priorities I mentioned above. the 1 opposite anne summers is good for microfilters.

You can get lots of gear online to and its usually cheaper than buying it from a shop.

Hope this helps

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I would suggest a bow and lots of arrows. Time to practice flint napping etc
It would also be useful to be part of a group with horses, harness seed ...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by colec156
Hi All.

I would like to know what SitX you believe that you may face at some point in your life here in the UK and what planning you are doing for the required SitX.

I am planning at the moment for Civil unrest and Flooding.

I would love to hear from all of you, on your preps, I don't want to know where your hidey hole is or anything like that, I just want to make sure i'm on the right path for a given Sitx.

Many thanks.

Colec156

P.S. DAN TANNER, I would like to chat with you about my BOB.

Don't restrict yourself to 'what this and maybe that.' Just be ready so that, if a big SHTF crashes down around you you'll be the one getting your groove on and dancing to the right tune.

Find like-minded people you get on with who are into suvivalism and start prepping NOW!
Trips, camping, skills and catcheing supplies.

My BOB:
About 8-12 days worth of food - Boil-in-the-bag Military Rations. Electrolyte sachetes. Big bag of Ready-Brek (finely-ground oats).
Food really is the biggie here, we all know that hunger makes us do crazy things. So having a good staple of food to get to your first cache, fortress or gathering place is. Also wise is to have food that can be consumed safely without heating. With the oats you just add water and your stomachs a happy buzzball.
Small self sparking stove and gas canister
Solar panel with charging kit.
GPS
Torch
CS Gas/Pepper Spray
Survival Kit (in Tobacco Tin) along with lighter and matches.

Within SK:
Small Swiss Army Knife, Magnesium fire-starter block, fishing line, needle and thread, normal and waterproof matches, scalpel blades for gutting and skinning small game and Condom.

First Aid Kit
Change of clothes in waterproof bag.
Poncho and sleeping bag.
Boots Combat Assault (steel toe). I'll likely be grabbing the BOB with no time to put em on so I'll don 'em later instead

Kukri - A behemoth of a blade, too small to be a sword, too large to be a knife. Not sharp and bloody heavy, but I know it'll parry well, chop aside foiliage and deliver a deadly blow. I hope I'll never have to use it in anger, as if it comes to that I'm already at last chance saloon.

Fairbourne Sykes Dagger - The Kukri, being too big and not sharp enough for gutting and fine cutting, is where this comes in.

Catapult & 50 BBs.

Side Compartments - Wash and shave kit - Yes, I know it saves time and effort by not washing and shaving but turning into Grizzly Adams isn't that wise when people will (in my opinion) be more trusting of a clean shaven dude. It could be just me and my army habit but I think clean-shaven implies a standard you have for yourself, that civilization hasn't been totally abandoned.
Hand warmer with charcoal sticks,
Spare batterys (rechargeables and non re)
Space blanket
2 x Chem lights
Tiny sleeping bag the ones that compress small
Water purification tablets. (probably the iodine type!)
Talc - Keep those feet looked after!
Vick Vapour Rub - This is probably one of the items you'll be scratching your heads at. One thing few people have even touched so far on here is the stench that will accompany SitX. Just imagine corpses and refuse all over the place and you'll know the smell will be awful. Even out in the country rotting vegetation and manure can be a pain in the nose.
Rub some Vick under your nostrils... happy days
Wet Wipes.
This is a Concealed Douments Holster - It'll hold notes, gold and silver coins and a passport and cash. Worn under your clothes, that way if you have to ditch your BOB or, worse yet, hand it over at least you'll not be totally without barter supplies (unless you get frisked or stripped).

Consider stitching some precious coins into your bail-out clothing, that way at least if your holster gets confiscated/stolen you can try to buy your way to survival.

Stuff I need to get / Will be carrying

Crossbow + sling and bolts.
Mask/Respirator (if appropriate)

The whole thing - Excluding crossbow and ammo is about 25 pounds (12 kilos).

This really is the most I'd be comfortable humping and dumping about with.
I think for anyone if they can't run for any length of time (at least 20 minutes) carrying a weapon, ammo and BOB will need luck and divine providence to be safe in.

Use a bicycle to travel on if your car gets in a jam etc.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by WatchRider]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
For long term survial you may want to consider a copy of this new book at you permanent outpost. It will be back from the printers on friday I hear.

"Granny's Home Cookin"

This book has been hard labor for me as there are so many little things which can make preparations for living decently in times of need that I want to add but had to try to pick the most important to keep the book from becoming a novel. I have received so many calls wanting to know if it will tell how to do this or that. I chose the most relevant formulas which will be so useful to everyone.

It includes: How to: Can your own meat, butter, vegetables and the most delicious and quick pickles ever.

Formulas for Cleaning products

Formulas for paint, glue, safe pesticides

Medicinal applications

Wild Game recipes

Long term storage of staples ie: flour, sugar etc.

To get the book go to our newly updated website: www.grannywarriors.com and click on our Store in the upper left hand corner.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My opinion is that you should focus on the survival of the planet and human race, and not just yours and your family's.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall
My opinion is that you should focus on the survival of the planet and human race, and not just yours and your family's.

My opinion is that you can take that tree hugging hippy crap and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Has any natural disaster in the last 100 years not taught you a damn thing? If TSHTF it is every man / women / child for themselves.

YOU are the only people who will care for you and your family. The burden is not taken up by aid agencies or governments for days, maybe even weeks after an event.

Oh and your fellow man? they'll cut your throat to get your supplies.

This is not a tree hugging world. This is the planet of the naked killer monkey apes. Doubt it? go wild and see some areas of the world where they kill for pennies and a hand full of rice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join