It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picking up sounds from Saturn

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8
what do you mean the other close minded you lost me abit there

You stated that you were trying to have an open mind, unlike me. Thus you intimated that I was close minded. Later on you stated that I apparently didn't think you were open minded, even though I said no such thing. Which is why I replied that I was not the one to call the other (the other being you) close minded. Make sense?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

Ye thank you and you dont have to treat me like an idiot by saying "make sense"? im not stupid and even though you will say "oh i never said you was stupid" that is clearly what you implied

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Ye thank you and you dont have to treat me like an idiot by saying "make sense"? im not stupid and even though you will say "oh i never said you was stupid" that is clearly what you implied

I was hardly trying to imply that you were stupid when I asked if that made sense--you were the one who wasn't following to begin with, and I simply wanted to clarify. I'm sorry for asking if that made sense when apparently it did not the first time around.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manasseh
reply to post by pureevil81

Thank you.

I have info that some may not be able to understand.

For example, people from Saturn walk and breath with us
on earth. They look like us, except they must blink alot.

the great Stevie Wonder wrote a song about Saturn [entitled, interestingly enough, 'Saturn']

Lyrics as follows:
Packing my bags -- going away
To a place where the air is clean
On saturn
There's no sense to sit and watch people die
We don't fight our wars the way you do
We put back all the things we use
On saturn
There's no sense to keep on doing such crimes

There's no principles in what you say
No direction in the things you do
For your world is soon to come to a close
Through the ages all great men have taught
Truth and happiness just cant be bought - or sold
Tell me why are you people so cold

I'm....
Going back to saturn where the rings all glow
Rainbow, moonbeams and orange snow
On saturn
People live to be two hundred and five
Going back to saturn where the people smile
Dont need cars cause weve learned to fly
On saturn
Just to live to us is our natural high

We have come here many times before
To find your strategy to peace is war
Killing helpless men, women and children
That dont even know what theyre dying for
We cant trust you when you take a stand
With a gun and Bible in your hand
And the cold expression on your face
Saying give us what we want or well destroy

I'm....
Going back to saturn where the rings all glow
Rainbow, moonbeams and orange snow
On saturn
People live to be two hundred and five
Going back to saturn where the people smile
Don't need cars cause weve learned to fly
On saturn
Just to live to us is our natural high

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The truly beautiful thing about Stevie's music is that it always reminds how petty and useless wars of words [and other weapons as well] really can be. Especially when such a lyrical and musical genius shows us how to use words in a much more positive, up-lifiting way.

Peace be with you all [for crying out loud!].

[edit -- off-topic a bit, I know, but does someone need to quote Rodney King here? C'mon, men and women, let's rise above the childish bs, shall we?]

[edit on 8.17.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

[edit on 8.17.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

Peace be with you aswell

good post btw

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Now that we all feel rosy and special inside...

What does this have to do with the OP, again?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Manasseh,

Are you saying that God told you there were people on Saturn? Seriously I though Saturn was a uninhabitable gas giant.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Saturn is inhabited by the remnant of Atlantis.

The atmosphere is a high percentage of helium.

But the surface is mountainous, and beautiful.

Anyone from Saturn will know that I know the truth.

God's last prophet told me so. He is number 22

I represent # 23, which is the final number.

7 stones will release the lost souls from the sea of lost souls,
but not until they have had a taste of seperation from God, and
earth is cleansed of those who refuse to respect God.

You have around 7-8 years to prepare. Once God reveals His truth,
then it will be too late to change your mind, until judgement day.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
See, we start with an OP that simply questions scientific findings, and just apply a tiny amount of skepticism, and what you end up with is this:

God's last prophet told me so. He is number 22

I represent # 23, which is the final number.

7 stones will release the lost souls from the sea of lost souls,
but not until they have had a taste of seperation from God, and
earth is cleansed of those who refuse to respect God.

You have around 7-8 years to prepare. Once God reveals His truth,
then it will be too late to change your mind, until judgement day.

It's a wonder us skeptics question at all.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Manasseh

So you are #23? I am not sure what that means...
But back to the topic.. So you are saying that the people from Atlantis live on Saturn? Are they human, or alien?

If you got this information from #22... Who may I ask.. is this person? I thought you got this info from God. If #22 is a man, then why would you believe that person.. Is there something supernatural about them?

I am just really curious to know how you derived this information.

BTW - I am #1

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

It's called fishing (or trolling if you're under way).

1) Lower the bait ("Sounds from Saturn").

2) You get the first nibble ("Radio emissions are not sound...")

3) You wiggle the bait ("The radio wave is no different, just a different frequency...)

4) Uh,oh. The fish almost swims off ("sorry Manasseh but erm")

4) Another stronger wiggle ("I am the parakletos")

5) Hookup! ("lightning is a discharge of electricity which in turn create radio waves.")

And the battle begins. Sport fishing is about the battle. The bigger the fish(es) and the lighter the tackle (logic) the sweeter the pleasure. The longer you can keep them on the line the better, even if you know you can never boat them.

If fish don't rise the fisherman goes home hungry.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Radio waves are part of the electromagnetic spectrum, just like visible light, x-rays, gamma rays, micro waves, etc. If a wave in the electromagnetic spectrum needed a medium to travel through, then light would not reach earth.

Electricity can create static in the form of radio waves. Put a radio receiver on a satellite, point it at a planet, and you can hear noises it makes at specific frequencies.

"Lightwaves" are visible. It's why it's called visible light, because we can see it. Light, before making it through our atmosphere, contains Ultraviolet A, B, and C radiation, Infrared radiation, and the visible spectrum of light (visible to humans). When it goes through our atmosphere it gets filtered by the different layers, and by the time it reaches the ground most of the Ultraviolet C and B radiation are gone. Some filtering of the other radiation occurs, but not as much. Infrared radiation is the main cause of the heat that we feel from the sun.

Radiation is the main form of heat we feel on the earth (infrared, as I previously mentioned). It is the only form of heat transfer that can happen in a vacuum.

Thermal radiation is a direct result of the movements of atoms and molecules in a material. Since these atoms and molecules are composed of charged particles (protons and electrons), their movements result in the emission of electromagnetic radiation, which carries energy away from the surface. At the same time, the surface is constantly bombarded by radiation from the surroundings, resulting in the transfer of energy to the surface. Since the amount of emitted radiation increases with increasing temperature, a net transfer of energy from higher temperatures to lower temperatures results.

Contrary to popular belief, space is not entirely empty. As this wikipedia article says:

...contains a low density of particles, predominantly hydrogen plasma, as well as electromagnetic radiation. Hypothetically, it also contains dark matter and dark energy.

This is why Ion Thrusters are an excellent way to power satellites in space. As they move through space they can collect stray positively charged particles to refuel their engine as they go.

Yes, we can listen to radio signals from other planets, and we are all working very hard on things like cures for cancer and aids, and it's not hard to find out the progress that is being made. Pick up a science journal/magazine or just use a website that streams news in from all across the web like Digg or Reddit to find out about new science discoveries.

The wonderful thing about science is the fact that we make discoveries and have a rigorous set of protocols for something to become accepted science. If it follows the Scientific Method and go through peer review and is accepted then it is new science. The very nature of science allows for it to become more accurate and refined over time, not diminished, diluted, faded, or narrowed.

I have a feeling none of this will be taken seriously, but I felt it was somewhat necessary to post in here.

Edit: I am sorry if there are any odd grammar or spelling mistakes, it's been a long day here.

Edit: This is an excellent website to learn more about the science of astronomy. I highly recommend it, even for beginners or novices. Most of it is pretty easy to understand, and they have questions from students once in a while too.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by OnionCloud]

[edit on 17-8-2008 by OnionCloud]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Any chance you can or will elaborate on the above statements? I find it very interesting that there are people that think there is life on the supposed "gas planets". This is not the first time I have heard this but I would love to hear more. I am sure there are others that would like to hear more also.

Have you any further information you would be willing to divulge?

Cheers

Tiste

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Kind of interesting.... I had never heard of anyone saying that that *anything* lives on Saturn. I learned in 3rd grade that saturn was really far from the sun (like 8 light years) and was an extremely cold environment (like -300 F). So, I and just trying to figure out how anything could live there. But hey... on the otherhand, I do know that Saturn's Moon Titan, does in fact have water/lakes, and is the only known moon to have an atmosphere.

Looks pretty cool.. But at (-300 F) you would have to wear your longjohns.

So... Are the ancient atlanteans eskimos?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

I'm an average guy, with and average job, and average family.

If you're an "average" guy....you're making this stuff up and simply jerking around with the readers and members of ATS.

We need some wood, some nails, some vinegar and a strand of thorns.

It's obvious menessah is alluding to the fact he believes himself to be the next messiah. (edit again, I just saw that he does indeed claim this.... well there ya go..)

Really, god is the moon and the stars his angels, and until we listen to Manessah we a lost souls, but once we accept his truth, we will be as welcome to him as if we had believed all along?

There is no emoticon for the sentiment I wish to express.

EDIT. Oh I seem to have confused Manessah with hey_amigo, the other guy telling us nasa lied, there is no way radio waves travel in space, god is the answer and the likes...

hey_amigo, is this you?

[edit on 8/18/2008 by bloodcircle]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Just a small correction: Saturn at its farthest is about 938 million miles from the sun, or approximately 0.00015 light years away (God, I love Google calculator...it actually knew how to convert that).

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Radio waves are electromagnetic waves occurring on the radio frequency portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. A common use is to transport information through the atmosphere or outer space without wires. Radio waves are distinguished from other kinds of electromagnetic waves by their wavelength, a relatively long wavelength in the electromagnetic spectrum.

Propagation is a term that describes the travel of electromagnetic waves, there being three main modes of propagation. The first is a straight line travel: the manner in which radio waves travel through deep space (ignoring the slight deviations caused by gravity under the theory of relativity). A second way is skip, which is bouncing between the surface of the earth and the ionosphere. Frequencies between 3 MHz and 30 MHz are most reliable for this kind of propagation, called High Frequency (see image at right). The third way is to hug the surface of the earth as it curves around. Radio waves of very low frequency most often travel this way.

Radio signals can also enter two ionospheric layers of differing electron densities and duct between them. The image at the right illustrates this. Two radio signals of differing elevation angles are broadcast into the ionosphere, where they split into ordinary (red) and extraordinary (green) components. In this example, the ordinary component began ducting between the E and F ionospheric regions.

Although this mode of radio wave propagation is less common than the skip mode, it is nonetheless an important mode because it permits radio signals to travel significant distances with little attenuation.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiste Andii
Any chance you can or will elaborate on the above statements? I find it very interesting that there are people that think there is life on the supposed "gas planets". This is not the first time I have heard this but I would love to hear more. I am sure there are others that would like to hear more also.

Have you any further information you would be willing to divulge?

Cheers

Tiste

Right first off im not believing anyone right now im in the middle and trying to have an open mind

second whoose to say that lifeforms cant live on any atmosphere i mean sure our life forms cant live there but whoose to say that the bacteria in space didnt mutate to only survive the gas of saturn or any other planet which it might be just a thought

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Right first off im not believing anyone right now im in the middle and trying to have an open mind

second whoose to say that lifeforms cant live on any atmosphere i mean sure our life forms cant live there but whoose to say that the bacteria in space didnt mutate to only survive the gas of saturn or any other planet which it might be just a thought

The thing is, the OP is saying that people from saturn are here on earth (He says to look at john mccain for how often he blinks his eyes, because for some reason saturnians blink more).

It's one thing to entertain the notion that somewhere in the wider universe, there are planets that do have life on them, life which may indeed be intelligent, and as unlikely as it is they may even look similar to humans.

It's another thing entirely to claim as fact that there are blinking albinios on saturn who have actually travelled to earth and are running for president of the United States.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join