It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pole Position : More U.S. Troops Sent to Russian Border

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

If you mean the U.S., to me? Not really at all, imo

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
you know it just goes to prove a point. If the US government does something the europeans don't like they talk Smack. But the minute there is a problem that they can't handle they come running to the US for help.

what this does is setup a very scary scenario. when the US troops man those missle sites and Russia makes the unwise move to attack those sites The US will have no choice but to declare war on Russia. my only hope is that it doesn't go nuclear. But for it to not go that Hot the US would have to pull all troops out of the middle east and send them towards Russia.

for those that don't think this will be WWIII I have news for you. If Russia attacks any NATO Country every member Country has to declare war on Russia and come to that nations aid. And Poland is a NATO member. If Russia sends its tanks in mass rolling into any NATO country the NATO playbook Says to Nuke the Russians!

I live southwest of the airforce base that's the home of the B-2's and i live under where they refuel after take off before going on a mission. I'll let you guys know if i see the entire b-2 fleet leaving Missouri.

Guys we are in cold war 2.0 right now! If Russia just keeps making threats we'll be ok. If they act on those threats we're in big trouble.

A war with Russia will not be easy! It will not be desert storm all over again! It will be a long hard fight with no winners. Get ready for a national draft guys if this don't go nuclear!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

Originally posted by infolurker
Well, not much has changed really. The "cold war" timeout appears to be over and Putin is another soviet style tyrant that has learned to adapt and transform Russia to what is called "Authoritative Capitalism" which is the new Pollitically correct word used for Fascism. Both China & Russia have become extremely successful with this form of government.... no red tape, compete Authoritarian control.

Really, this is even more dangerous of a situation than the old communist guard. At least there was a bit more "shared" party power under that system. Now we have a complete Russian dictatorship with the economy and leverage (energy) that the old Soviet guard never had.

This is a very dangerous situation and the West had better wake up and prepare.

Actually doesn't seem as if we are headed to facism too?

Pretty much this could be used to justify another Patriot Act with no problem.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
hello

I am European, they are last information of a French daily newspaper.
I do not know what it really occurs but I hope that one will not arrive at an international war.

Movements of troops were indicated but no massive retreat(withdrawal) was begun, while the Russian president promised that he would remove on Monday his armed forces of Georgia.
> According to Tbilisi, the Russian troops would advance(move) even still in Georgia.
> Moscow would have spread(displayed) several launching pads of missiles in South Ossetia.
what is what you think of that?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I agree pretty much with all replies. We all have to remember the world has changed since the Reagan era. The way it was, is not the way it is today. Things are a lot different. There is a lot of more tension and more technology. Cold War? Nope, it is over as Bush said. Reagan is gone and we will not see this one end without a shot fired. IMO this is the beginning of WW3. I do not believe a word that the Defense Secretary said on Fox news yesterday. Why? hmmm...look at where we are right now with Russia...Bush had Putin ALL WRONG. What is to say they are not wrong now? How can we trust our government to make the right call on them now. They did not a month ago 6 months ago. Hell our president was fishing with the man! And now this? So do I trust Bush’s judgment call now? I think we have been waaaaaaaaaay to kind with what has been done to Ga. Two cease fires signed and over and over Bush and Rice have stated get out NOW this second and tanks and troops are still there. Days have went by and they have not held to their word nor what they have signed. Invaded a country, threatened another "NUCLEAR" no less. And we sit here with our thumbs up our butts. I have seen us come to Kuwait’s defense because they were invaded with not much of a thank you. Here were are with a country that was backing us in the Iraq war with 2,000 of their troops. Fighting for freedom and this is all they get from us? Iran over there shooting off missiles in space. Syria getting backing from Russia. How long are we going to let this gone on? Like I said in the past I have seen us do far more with less threats!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolfmanjack
You need to upgrade your map and your education. the "WEST" has Always been the USA .. Infact it has been the main descriptive word for everyone in Nato for generations. Mainly the United states.

For the most part when people talk about the "West" they have been talking about America .. Not the EU etc .. Even though the EU is now days thought of a extension of the "West"..
[edit on 17-8-2008 by wolfmanjack]

Not so, the term has never meant just the USA
You can read about it all Here

However, to my point: I dont think itll come to anything warlike, generally theyre all bickering jsut trying to get deals done etc. There definitely wont be a nuclear war over it, maybe a few skirmishes by proxy or something at the worst.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Russia, is a completely different animal from the Soviet Union. Her leaders, however, are part and parcel with the ideology that the State must operate under their control.

It's just like here in the U.S. We are not in control of the government, ideologues loyal to the Neoconservative movement are.

Any conflict you see arising out of this situation is their doing, not the people's.

I suspect that if all the State leaders of the world were to spontaneously combust tomorrow, we would enjoy a peace that would last a thousand years.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Oh how the arrogant Europeans are going to be regretting their hatred of America once Putin starts flexing his muscle and all of Europe trembles at its utter lack of defense. Putic could roll right up to the English channel, destroying the EU if it wasn't for the backing of the US forces. Maybe we here in America should turn our backs on the hateful and ungrateful europeans finally. We should just sit back and watch Europe burn, the euro won't be worth squat then and the US dollar will soar. That translates into a gain in quality of life for every american by simply doing nothing. Europe can be looked at as a big wasteful sinkhole, where we pumped our wealth for a slap in the face.

I totally agree that Europeans in general (not all by a long shot) are often dismissive of American assistance and often overlook the importance of their ally. To suggest that Europe would basically fold in the face of Russia is abit of a dramatisation though, UK and France are nuclear powers themselves.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
you know it just goes to prove a point. If the US government does something the europeans don't like they talk Smack. But the minute there is a problem that they can't handle they come running to the US for help.

what this does is setup a very scary scenario. when the US troops man those missle sites and Russia makes the unwise move to attack those sites The US will have no choice but to declare war on Russia. my only hope is that it doesn't go nuclear. But for it to not go that Hot the US would have to pull all troops out of the middle east and send them towards Russia.

for those that don't think this will be WWIII I have news for you. If Russia attacks any NATO Country every member Country has to declare war on Russia and come to that nations aid. And Poland is a NATO member. If Russia sends its tanks in mass rolling into any NATO country the NATO playbook Says to Nuke the Russians!

I live southwest of the airforce base that's the home of the B-2's and i live under where they refuel after take off before going on a mission. I'll let you guys know if i see the entire b-2 fleet leaving Missouri.

Guys we are in cold war 2.0 right now! If Russia just keeps making threats we'll be ok. If they act on those threats we're in big trouble.

A war with Russia will not be easy! It will not be desert storm all over again! It will be a long hard fight with no winners. Get ready for a national draft guys if this don't go nuclear!

this conflict keeps getting scarier and scarier.

please U2U me if u see those bombers flyin... ill be headin to my basement, stickin my head between my legs and well... u know the rest.

the EU and UK have allways looked down on american (at least most of em) its nice to see them sticking their hand out and asking for help... maybee this is a lesson for them... respect the USA!!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
In europe we have about 6.5 million people.
In america you have about 3 million people.
Are you sure europe is to weak to defend its own interests?
On the other hand, why would russia be so upset about a missle shield near their border with poland? As if they would plan a attack on eastern europe some day. Bring it on russia.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

We should just sit back and watch Europe burn

That is fine, we've coped with America's absence before, remember?

If Germany alone can hold the Russian hordes back, the whole of Europe will have no problem doing so. A unified Europe represents the greatest military land force on the planet, the Russians are smaller and behind in quality and logistics.

No-one is needing your self-important help, sorry.

Your comments are irrelevant anyhow.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Now Russian troops ere deploying short range missiles in Georgia...www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

We should just sit back and watch Europe burn

If Germany alone can hold the Russian hordes back, the whole of Europe will have no problem doing so. A unified Europe represents the greatest military land force on the planet, the Russians are smaller and behind in quality and logistics.

No-one is needing your self-important help, sorry.

Your comments are irrelevant anyhow.

Ok, we'll go play with our aircraft carrier fleets, each of which holds more millitary power than the entire continent of Europe.
Oh and Russia would roll you so fast, their policy is to go nuclear to counter air superiority. Tactical nukes up your whazoo will change your point of view, I believe they outumber you 100 to 1 in their nuclear aresenal. There is no way the EU alone can stand against Russia and your point of view is the only dangerous one I seen here on the subject.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

If you mean after the start of the 20th century... I don't, actually.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

If you mean after the start of the 20th century... I don't, actually.

Well, that is not my quote, you changed the originally posted by part to make it look like I said it.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yeah, I was fixing it while you were posting.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

i'll add you to the list.

Thats one list i hope i never have to contact but everyday seems like we are getting closer and closer to those bombers flying

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Why does every one think that a war with russa will go strat to nukes. I belive it will be more of the cold war with the US and Russa using proxes to fight for us. just like afganastan and vetnam. Both sides will prop up their dictators and we will go back to the good old days of spending mass amounts of money on wepons that will never be deployed. and even if we were to go to war who would be stupid enough to lite off the first nuke. As dumb as every one sayes bush is I dont think hes that dumb

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Towgunner0352
Why does every one think that a war with russa will go strat to nukes. I belive it will be more of the cold war with the US and Russa using proxes to fight for us. just like afganastan and vetnam. Both sides will prop up their dictators and we will go back to the good old days of spending mass amounts of money on wepons that will never be deployed. and even if we were to go to war who would be stupid enough to lite off the first nuke. As dumb as every one sayes bush is I dont think hes that dumb

Here is the scenario.
The EU gets all emblazened with self pride and admonishes the US for the missile shield, thinking they don't need the US for self defense and the geopolitical trouble it is causing them. The US under a new Obama presidency engages in a policy of retreat and self isolationism. We withdraw from NATO and pull all troops out of Europe and elswhere across the globe.
This scenario is quite possible and Putin will analyze the totally defenseless EU as a go ahead to reannex the former soviet eastern european states. In the EU's folly they will try to respond millitarily and get a thorough spanking from the full force of Russia's millitary.
If Russia is threatened with losing air superiority, it will, it must actually according to their doctrine, whip out the nukes.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Ok, we'll go play with our aircraft carrier fleets, each of which holds more millitary power than the entire continent of Europe.

Smug remarks do not serve your argument. You also have not explained how a ship holds more firepower than a first world continent, good luck explaining that one. You also conveniently forget the collateral damage if it was sunk.

Oh and Russia would roll you so fast, their policy is to go nuclear to counter air superiority. Tactical nukes up your whazoo will change your point of view, I believe they outumber you 100 to 1 in their nuclear aresenal.

You underestimate the intelligence of the Russians. Wars are not fought with nukes. Wars are ended with them. Yes, it is an option but it is also off the table. Of what benefit to Russia will be an irradiated Europe in the grips of a nuclear holocaust? Do you have a serious answer at all?

If we were marching on Moscow it could occur, however until we do I implore you to use your head. The Russians will fight using conventional ways as they have in Georgia, and they will be completely outmatched.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join