It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack on Georgia Gives Boost to Big U.S. Weapons Programs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I would have to say that I don't care about who's pockets are getting bigger because the US needs the most advanced technology. Make no mistake, the US did not get where it is today by having the second best. The economy will get better. If our company's can design the best fighter jets in the world then we should be proud.

With Russia making big moves such as what happened in Georgia we need to make sure we can respond. I don't care who has the moral high ground on the issue. Sure, it's up for debate. What I care about is if our pilots are going to be shot down or the Russians pilots.

What this all comes down to is how well you are able to defend yourself. If Georgia was going to be a challenge do you think Russia would have made the move they did? A fair fight is the most deadly kind there is. And if it has to happen then I don't want my country to be on the losing side of things.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
USAF has been campaigning for more F-22s for a long time now - this is only an excuse - a pethetic one. One that will doubtfully lead to anything.

[edit on 19/8/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It says in the article:

"Russia's attack on Georgia has become an unexpected source of support for big U.S. weapons programs..."

I don't think it was unexpected at all. Think about it. Less than two weeks after the highest point of conflict started Condi Rice is signing an arms deal with Poland.

Like it's been said, Georgia knew exactly what it was doing. Our troops have been training them. Israel has been supplying them. Georgia made the first move (relative to the hand to hand combat that's going on) and Georgia, the US, and Israel ALL knew that Russia would NOT just sit back and let it happen. Russia's response was completely expected. This would have never happened if there was not something to gain from it. Obviously there's the pipeline but now we also see the kicker to it all...the weapons programs.

I suggest some read about PNAC. It clearly states that the goal of PNAC, a group mainly made up of neocons and has had a hand in writing legislature in this country, is to largely expand America's military industrial complex and control as much oil as it possibly can.

This entire conflict is just one part of a larger agenda and step closer to accomplishing their goals. That is why even if Russia were to just pull out completely and end all attacks this would not really be over. This is also why officials in the US keep making these incredibly provoking comments and automatically dismissing Russia demands as "bizarre" and try to mock them as reminding them this isn't the 80's anymore. Condi's words in this article say it all.

Yahoo News

"When you threaten Poland, you perhaps forget that it is not 1988," Rice said. "It's 2008 and the United States has a ... firm treaty guarantee to defend Poland's territory as if it was the territory of the United States. So it's probably not wise to throw these threats around."

But here we are threatening the crap out of Iran demanding they don't do what we and many other countries do all the time. It seems like every time someone in our admin. open their mouths regarding this conflict their words are incredibly hypocritical. And some fail to see it, but most of the world does.

Thank you for this post because it makes thinks a heck of a lot clearer as to what our REAL interest is in all of this.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

Good for you! when your a child before you could speak the lies you learnt you would be friend a stranger forienger or alien... think of that next time you judge mock of mer some other.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join