It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italy goes mental!! The summer of bans.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is crazy: Big brother has gone on the rampage in Italy.

Emboldened by a nationwide crackdown on crime and a government decree giving them extra law-and-order powers, Italian mayors have issued a string of often bizarre by-laws to enhance "public decorum".

Clicky

New laws/bans over the past two years include.

No bikini's outside the beach.

A sandcastle ban!

A €500 ban for public affection while in a car.

No more than 2 people allowed to congregate in public parks at night.

Fine's for lying down in public parks.

No Snacking near tourist sites.

No male crotch scratching in public.

A ban of goldfish bowls.

This kind of thing is what we all have to look forward to in the future.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What is wrong with people? Were they born this stupid, or is it something they had to work at?

No sandcastles? Of course, because we all know how many times terrorists attacked in form of sandcastle.

This is rediculous, I wonder how long it will be before the Italians revolt. I'm sure if those things were banned/outlawed here in the US, our prisons would be filling up faster than one could blink.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xilvius

"This is rediculous, I wonder how long it will be before the Italians revolt. I'm sure if those things were banned/outlawed here in the US, our prisons would be filling up faster than one could blink."

Hmm, I wonder if that's what all the 600 (or is it up to 800 now?) FEMA concentration camps are for?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't believe in that FEMA bs.

I don't believe that everyone will be locked up in these camps and killed off. It's a dumb idea, a horrible scare tactic, and unrealistic to boot.

I don't see our military packing up thier own families to be sent off to camps.

You say they'll get soldiers from UN to do it? China? Russia? Mexico? I think not.
Do you honestly believe that our own brothers, sisters, uncles, cousins in the military would allow thier friends, neighbors,reletives to be stocked up in a camp while they sat back and watched?

I find it hard to believe that the very people who make up our military would allow something like this to happen. Especially when in the US alone so many people have guns. If the time ever did come where they started hauling people off, it would be all over every news station on this planet about how america has been turned upside down by millions of small combat zones.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xilvius
What is wrong with people? Were they born this stupid, or is it something they had to work at?

When people get power, they go crazy with it.
Its kinda like the thing in the UK where city officials were using the street camera's to check if people were scamming benefits and a number of other things. Abuse of power with no fear of reprisal. Sickening stuff.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That's what the dumb part is. You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. It is bound to catch up sooner or later. If there is one thing history has taught me, its that there are two enevitable things in this world. Revolution and death.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
They actually needed to make a law to ban crotch scratching in public!!!! What's wrong with people these days, don't they know that it's generally odd to scratch your balls in public. they really needed to make a law to remind them of this?

No snacking in tourist areas? What the hell does that mean if you live in rome? you have to eat in a closet? away from the publics eyes? the whole city is a tourist area? sux for the romans. weird too in a country where food is one of their national treasures and a national passion to ban the consumption of it.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The key to everything of course, is the sudden "new powers" of the government, which they assigned themselves. Of course, these new powers are pseudo laws, differing from constitutions and traditional interpretrations of their democracies. They are akin to the "pseudo laws" our governments everywhere are arbitrarily assigning themselves and remind me of the nazis. When I did my paper on the nuremburg trials it was clearly decided in International court that these "laws" were crimes against humanity and the signatures on them were criminals. All they had to do was prove the identity of the accused with regards to a signature. Its our duty to perform citizens arrests on all of them, and never stop and never ever get out of these new dicators faces, not once, not ever, until the whole world wakes up and prosecutes them for crimes against humanity.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Whoever is in Italy here I suggest you look up information on the Freeman movement. When you become a freeman on the land you don't have to follow ANY of the new laws passed. You only have to follow the law of not breaching the peace.

Do a quick google search for Freeman on the Land and you will find out more info.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
That freeman thing only in Italy? Or is it something that is worldwide? Sounds promising enough, almost too good to be true.

top topics

join