It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters: Bigfoot Body Fails DNA Test

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Reuters: Bigfoot Body Fails DNA Test

uk.reuters.com

PALO ALTO, California (Reuters) - Bigfoot remains as elusive as ever. Results from tests on genetic material from alleged remains of one of the mythical half-ape and half-human creatures, made public at a news conference on Friday held after the claimed discovery swept the Internet, failed to prove its existence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
BigFoot Found??? press conference scheduled.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Ah well, It's starting to look more and more like a Hoax, the samples came back as Human DNA and Possum DNA. They claim that it was likely contaminated, and will continue with an Autopsy.

I am expecting the Footage to come on sale any week now..

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Do you think these people are trying to discredit the bigfoot scene? I am a skeptic,although im sure there are thousands of species yet to be discovered...but an 8 foot upright hairy ape type thing cant go unnoticed for that long.But actually taking it for a DNA analysis when you know its BS? They must know they will be ratted out if its a hoax...so the question is why?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I dont know, its rediculous, maybe they were hoping that it would turn out unconclusive

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
.or perhaps they were just trying to get site traffic. After watching the videos, it was quite apparent, they were at least doing that.

My question about the DNA Test:

Exactly what did they have as a precedent to the Bigfoot DNA test?

Isn't DNA testing similar to Carbon Dating in that you have to have some fortunate correlation in similar testing from the past - something to compare it to? I'm not real "up" on DNA testing, but why WOULDN'T it come up with anything but errors unless they had tested an accepted-authentic Bigfoot before?

With that in mind, it kinda makes a weird kind of sense that it would come up with something half human - half animal (no matter what the animal), simply because those are the only things we have to compare it with. Besides, just how far away from human do these things need to be to be considered something else. What about primates and their 2 chromosome divergence?

Still...definitely a site traffic gag if I ever saw one. Even hate mail is publicity and affiliate clicks.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by lagnar]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
We've got to get all of those conspiracy nuts focused on something other than world events ... How about we create a huge fuss over a "real big foot" that should keep em busy for a while.

Yeah that's the ticket, lets do it!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If the DNA test contained human DNA, and they say they have a body in a freezer, why are they not arrested on suspicion of murder and/or corpse tampering?
They could have the body of some poor homeless guy.In a freaking fridge!
People are known to eat opossum in fact if you do some research it was introduced in the great depression as a food source.
These guys need to be investigated.Seriously.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Yes, something occoured to me today, that the DNA Shoed human and possum, is it possible its a real dead guy! covered in possum fur??

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I do not think it's a hoax, not on this scale. Why would someone hold a press conference and give out samples just to be then burned alive. No the only thing that's really holding the high res pics and videos back is MONEY. Their greed will also cost them everything. The "correct" people will take care of them while this charade lasts. In the end we'll end up with a few fellas jailed, no more big foot talk and the skeptic party celebrating like they won the lottery ,and that all because of greed.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

I think the DNA test is not just to verify that it's Bigfoot because, as you said, we have no reference to validate that against. But it can also be used to check for matches against the DNA of animals that are already cataloged. So if the carcass was actually that of a moose, geneticists should be able to make that determination pretty easily and give this whole Bigfoot drama some answers.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join