It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ATS Save the World?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by _Heretic

I feel that the very question is surprisingly egotistical. While we may want to feel special or better than most other people for having this special little clique that we call ATS, the truth is that people who have tremendously greater financial or political resources exist who have humanitarian interests in their mind and who *still* won't and can't "save" the world whatever that term may mean.

Because the very definition of "Saving" the world is not an absolute, for some people it could be the spread of democracy, for others it would be ending hunger and a fair system of resource distribution. But whatever your definition, ironically, for most people is about fulfilling an egotistical need of being a savior and being right, delusions of greatness, which are only an inch away from outright psychosis. Which fits very well with the notion that people who have the power to save the world should not attempt to do so because their motives are self centered. That's why politics is the mess that it is.

My 2 cents for whatever it's worth.

-rrr

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Can ATS Save the World? Is this a joke question? If not, then I would think the have enough on there plate running this site.
That is really not for me to say, so the short answer is......NO

I'm a watcher, not a joiner. An independent

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
The internet is a very powerful tool. If there WS a threat to the planet and it was imminent, i am sure many readers and posters on this site would alert the world and be posting all over the net warning everyone. It would have to be pretty solid proof/evidence though that not even the most sceptical skeptic could dismiss.

if there was a political coup in my country and it became a military dictarorship, i for one would stand up and be counted and be part of a movement to bring back democracy. Like wise if the Huamn Race/Planet Earth was in imminent dangerous i would give my own life to save it, though there are many times when i despair at the folly of man.

It is often said that we are at our best when things are at their worst. How true.

I have tried to warn ppl, but most ppl think that the evidence
I provide is not enough.

Decide for yourself.

The planned end of the world as we know it

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Scarlett Johanson

Um, how does this post have ANYTHING to do with ATS saving the world? Are you trying to plant a seed of comparison, saying that ATS to the world is evangelists to Osama bin Laden? Even worse, it's a one liner, showing that you are probably trolling.

As far as "ATS saving the world" goes, nothing alone can "save" the world. ATS would have to combine with many other groups, and even then, it would be up to the people to decide. Don't forget, some people love living in a society where they don't have to think.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

intresting idea

no, i dont think ATS can save the world.....though there's no harm in trying

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I humbly thank all of you for your responses and critique.

Know that I am not in deep consternation over the results of this post as I expected a degree of cynicism, doubt, and ridicule. I am also delighted about the positive posts and perhaps another time we can come together and try to make a difference in the world. Just by all of you posting we have to a degree.

It was a faint hope from the start and I will continue to ponder any possible solutions to our world problems because I want to make the world a better place for others and myself.

Thanks for participating!

I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.
- Buddha

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

LOL... this is a conspiracy theory forum!! these guys are not expected to save the world, just make it a little bit more confuse
and in the process have some fun...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I can assure most people here that an awakening is occurring, what people need to realize is their own inner power and strength.

My take on all of this is that if you blast enough people with propaganda be it negative or positive to fit an agenda, their thoughts help create that agenda.

Now what if, just what if people started to ignore the propaganda and look within, not ever swayed by commercials, TV, News, but truly looked within and saw who they were and what they could actually do.

I believe most of us here on earth give up our inner power to others that abuse it and then we think that we don't have a choice.

We give our powers aways to Presidents, Mayors, Congressman, and the attitude that me, I, am so insignificant that how could I ever make a difference. Well that is how people of power stay in control and in power, because the insignificant give their rightful power away.

I am not calling for war, overthrows, or anything else that has to do with fighting, I am calling for awareness self awareness that most of us do not have right now.

Here are some rhetorical questions for you all.

Do you feel that others can make you happy? or does it need to come from within?

Do you rely on others to make you happy?

What if the ultimate treasure is being hidden from us with the distraction of the world?

What if we already have what we already seek, but do not have the discipline to see it?

What happens when we find that discipline?

Calmness and calming are minds has many great results.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
many here have already stated what needs to be said - i'd just like to see everyone open their eyes to what's really going on in the world with war/religion. as soon as each individual can truly become responsible for their own actions, and learn to practice Service-to-Others (STO) on a daily basis, then i think the harmonic frequency that is Nature will "vibrate" in our favor. the battle of Good vs. Evil is happening on a grand scale every day, and love truly conquers all - i don't think it's possible for Evil to win; Nature finds a way to fight back all that use force against it. if we all ride the "waves of life" positively, then there will be no clashes - it's that simple.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I agree with the speaker of truth, we have to raise awareness. I believe we have to raise awareness but I don't think humans as a race know what to be aware of or how! now by writing this thread in response to what speaker of truth said, I don't have any intention of misleading or offending anyone of race creed or religion here, I am simply stating my truth, and what path that I follow, and it seems to be along the same lines but more into detail.
OK here it goes:
I hear allot of people say that it takes 10% of the population to change the collective Consciousness.
Scientific studies Have found that when people within a group share a common experience of consciousness, the effects can be detected Beyond the group itself and even outside the building where the individuals are meeting. Clearly, inner experiences are being carried through some subtle conduit in a way that's not restricted by the so-called laws of physics or limited to the immediate surroundings. One example of this phenomenon is evident in the effect that Transcendental Meditation (TM) can have upon large populations
In 1972, 24 cities in the U.S. with populations over 10,000 experienced meaningful changes in there communities when as few as one percent (100 people) Participated in the studies. Those involved used specific meditation techniques to create the inner experiences of peace that mirrored in the world around them. This is called the "Maharishi Effect" in honor of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, who stated that when one percent of a Population practiced the methods of meditation that he offered, there would be a reduction in violence and crime for that population.
These and similar studies led to a landmark project, "International Peace Project in the Middle East," published in the journal of Conflict Resolution in 1988.
The Results took into account the days of the week, holidays, and even Lunar cycles; and they were so consistent that the researchers were able to identify the minimum number of people needed to experience inner peace before it's mirrored in the surrounding world: the square root of one percent of the population. this represents only the base number required for the effect to begin the more that people participate, the more pronounced the outcome.
I believe once we learn this Formula: Total # of People present in the world. Calculate one percent of that total number ( multiply the total number by .01). Calculate the square root of the one percent (enter that number and press the square root function on your calculator)
I think everyone will find the results are allot less than we ever expected to change human habit , awareness, and jump start a change in humanities consciousness
Thanks for taking the time to read this thread, I hope you understand this as I do. I just joined because I thought this thread is so interesting and thought I might be able help everyone out a little on this Subject. there is so much more for me to say but the thread can only be so long. this is one step towards raising awareness and believe the rest will follow.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
ATS cannot save the world, because all people want to do is pontificate when they should be out kicking people's asses.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
many here have already stated what needs to be said - i'd just like to see everyone open their eyes to what's really going on in the world with war/religion. as soon as each individual can truly become responsible for their own actions, and learn to practice Service-to-Others (STO) on a daily basis, then i think the harmonic frequency that is Nature will "vibrate" in our favor. the battle of Good vs. Evil is happening on a grand scale every day, and love truly conquers all - i don't think it's possible for Evil to win; Nature finds a way to fight back all that use force against it. if we all ride the "waves of life" positively, then there will be no clashes - it's that simple.

I find this to be a very wise post. In addition I believe many people in the conspiracy underworld have become uninterested in the unacceptable "collateral damage" created by war, sanctions, mob mentality of religious fervor which ends in witch hunts and executions because of frequent exposure and pain creating a desensitized outlook. I know this doesn't include everyone because there is always someone showing us pictures of the horror of war to try and jack us up so we will do something. But what can we do.....really?

I say this not as an accusation or judgment of those who let the horrors go unnoticed, but because I myself have suffered a blasé outlook towards war and hunger and can relate. I don't think I am a bad person for it nor do I think others are either, but observing them and feeling pity does not make a good person, just an interested one. I go a month or two in which the "war on terror" or "world hunger" have no meaning to me anymore as if it has become part of my comfort zone in my own little world, something that is just happening as it always does. I have been seeing pictures of little children with bloated bellies from hunger all my life on the TV commercials and I have come to accept it as a normality. But every once in a while I see something terrible in my own back yard and it shakes me up and I get all concerned about that, but the rest of the world goes by unnoticed by me.

My problem is that my back yard is not big enough because there are much worse things happening in the world that I would absolutely not tolerate if it were in my back yard. It pushes me in to the service to other mentality again. I am sure this happens to everyone on some level. I have always asked myself what I can do about it and I always come up empty handed until now. Now I see a window of opportunity because the world is in the midst of a peaceful gathering at the Olympics, despite all the world problems. An everybody is watching. maybe we can create our own "wave of life" and I see no reason why we cant except for apathy.

Thank you for your post adrenochrome.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communion

I hear allot of people say that it takes 10% of the population to change the collective Consciousness.
Scientific studies Have found that when people within a group share a common experience of consciousness, the effects can be detected Beyond the group itself and even outside the building where the individuals are meeting. Clearly, inner experiences are being carried through some subtle conduit in a way that's not restricted by the so-called laws of physics or limited to the immediate surroundings. One example of this phenomenon is evident in the effect that Transcendental Meditation (TM) can have upon large populations

Excellent point Communion and welcome to ATS. This is the very effect I am hoping to employ to create change. Event if it just to raise awareness. Imagine the possibilities for the changes we could make with just as much effort it would take to market a product or a blockbuster movie. I have always thought that this ideology would be the very thing that would trigger a planetary leap in consciousness. I have witnessed it personally at conventions and expo's. There is a very powerful difference in listening to music on a CD or MP3 player, and seeing music live, even if you dont know the band. I think this effect works there too.

Originally posted by Communion
I believe once we learn this Formula: Total # of People present in the world. Calculate one percent of that total number ( multiply the total number by .01). Calculate the square root of the one percent (enter that number and press the square root function on your calculator)
I think everyone will find the results are allot less than we ever expected to change human habit , awareness, and jump start a change in humanities consciousness

Jump start a change in humanity

man, thats a good analogy of the idea here, I like that.

if there is any truth to this science then that is entirely possible

thx for posting

peace

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Perhaps I should have chosen a different title to this thread because I in no way think I am above others or any type of self stylized savior and I dont think that ATS alone could do such a thing. This is why I was calling for a gathering of like minds through the entire conspiracy network across the world to try something "en mass". Such an undertaking could not be done by one leader, as it would take the teamwork of an army of leaders.

The conspiracy world is just full of like minded people tired of being lied to, sold out, suppressed, and tired of the TV fed masses thinking we are nut cases. All want change in one form or fashion. All are investigating and trying to discover the truth. Most know that we are manipulated by an unseen cabal intent on ruling the world through some new world order. We ALL have more in common than we recognize due to the volitivity of the data we observe.

So many tiny unconnected cells (even competing cells) all trying to get the word out to the world that we are in trouble if things dont change. We are all looking to be saved and I say we can save ourselves. We can make changes individually and this is valiant but should it stop there? I suppose it can but there are so many people who do not have the opportunity to realize their own potential like you have because they are too busy dying or loading the bodies in the pick up truck dodging bullets. If we were in the middle of the conflict, or the red cross cities for refugees, I KNOW we would have an entirely different take on things. I know we would be eager to make a change. We have this ability to make this change, an ability they are not permitted to have. They are begging us, relying on us, to end the insanity.

I imagined it like this:

-we all discuss the idea and decide what to focus on for the experiment
-we decide a date to perform the experiment
-we all network and get the word out by posting on every board we visit
-try to move it outside the US as well to other radio programs
-youtube it to death, put it in the minds of those not even participating
-C2C, Alex Jones, Rense, Kevin Smith and other media outlets are informed and brought on board with the idea (hopefully as this is where most of the people would come from)

A "hack the world" scenario if you will

It isn't that I see we are all unorganized, it is more like "what if we DID get organized en mass - world wide even" for some mass-consciousness effect on the world, and the Olympics seemed a good target for such an attempt because that seems to be where everyone in the world is looking at the moment.

It would be a monumental task and not so much a long shot some believe it to be. What would the effects be? I dont know to be honest, I can only imagine, but it has never been done before, we have to capacity to do it, and according to the results of the smaller experiments I am flabbergasted at what the results could possibly mean

Now I can't do this alone. It would be foolish of me to start making calls or sending emails to media outlets because I would be seen as a grandstander or an attention grabber. This would have to be an act done by a community and hopefully people who have connections I do not have. People who know how to get in touch with XXX or who has intimate knowledge in organizing things like this. I dont expect this to magically come together either, nor what sign to look for that would signify it is time to start making those calls. I have seen influential people post here before and I know they peek in on occasion, so maybe this thread alone would just give them the idea so THEY can run with it, and I dont mind that one bit, in fact I sincerely hope for it.

The reason I did title this post "Can ATS save the world?" because I have faith in the people here and if this were to come together and happen then it would be known that the idea started HERE, with THESE people......with ATS

However many holy words you read,However many you speak,What good will they do you If you do not act on upon them?
- Buddha

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Partly, it can try and unite the brothers, which it is doing at the moment but ultimately it will be up to us lot to stand and be counted when the times right.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Communion

"Total # of People present in the world. Calculate one percent of that total number ( multiply the total number by .01). Calculate the square root of the one percent"

This idea is definitely plausible if people get the idea out of their heads that no matter how hard we try we can't make a difference because of our seemingly insignificant size. If you're skeptical of this kind of a plan working, I'd like you to take a look at a group of anonymous, I'd be surprised if you hadn't heard of it. It's a group that started online (just like we would) that organized a web of like-minded people to take initiative for a cause they all believed in. And guess what, it worked, they were all over the TV and got millions of hits on youtube, etc.

anonymous Check out "Project Chanology"

If we thought up a catchy name, made a presentable, inviting website with a forum dedicated solely to this purpose, this could actually work. I'm picturing a site with an intro page stating the goal or mission statement along with a simple sign-up form for those interested in the cause and willing to participate granted we have numbers, a solid plan, etc. Then at the bottom there would be a counter with the number of signees. There would be a section with updates to the progression of the movement and when the time came solid plans for action.

If we could get enough people on this forum on-board and got a small community started for this, it could quite easily grew as soon as we started advertising it on similar sites/forums, youtube, friends, etc.

Let's put this into action instead of just hypothesizing!

[edit on 19-8-2008 by indivisible]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

i applaud your idea and enthusiasm and hope for more compassionate humans like you in this world.

what 'exactly' though is your idea?

like yourself and many other westerners, we have seen multiple wars and poverty (on t.v) and have become oblivious to it. we give donations and feel like we've contributed though that feeling dosent last for long. we go back to our mundain lives full of consumerism and are left again compassionateless.

i have been to third world countries and seen the undescribable with my own eyes, i'm involved with charities and have my name on the adoption list list though that dosent make me feel like i'm saving the world. i am 'contributing' to society and yes, do feel like i am making a differance though thats it.

once again your stand on this is fantastic and i will follow this thread because i love your enthusiasum. your idea has to be like no other....not like a live-aid ectectect, something unique.... namaste to you

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by indivisible

"Total # of People present in the world. Calculate one percent of that total number ( multiply the total number by .01). Calculate the square root of the one percent"

This idea is definitely plausible if people get the idea out of their heads that no matter how hard we try we can't make a difference because of our seemingly insignificant size.

If we could get enough people on this forum on-board and got a small community started for this, it could quite easily grew as soon as we started advertising it on similar sites/forums, youtube, friends, etc.

Let's put this into action instead of just hypothesizing!

This the idea of community effort I was hoping for, I like this. It doesn't take alot of people, but what if we DID have alot of people. What would the results be then?

The advertising part is exactly the way of getting many other conspiracy people not associated with ATS but are of the same mentality and have the desire to help the world. If we all came together, even for just this one event it could make an impact.

and this post is the first part of putting this into action, we need organization first to move this along.

Originally posted by enlighten2012

what 'exactly' though is your idea?

This is a good question and as I said I dont want to own this, or be the only one directing as I want every one to have the same feeling of ownership as everyone else.

I propose a think tank effort to decide what exactly to do with the mass consciousness power. It could be as simple as raising the consciousness of those in the Olympic stadium.

In fact lets just go with that for now, until a better idea pops up. It doesn't even have to be the Olympics. A better idea may surface.

I wouldn't choose a war torn area or Iraq or anything like this because the result could be bad. Imagine if all the soldiers had an epiphany all at the same time. They would be in trouble because the need the mentality they have at the moment, however negative I may see it, and those in Washington wouldn't care one bit about these guys epiphany. This is why I chose the Olympics, because it effects normal people who have already come together in a venue of peace and cooperation.

Originally posted by enlighten2012

i have been to third world countries and seen the indescribable with my own eyes, I'm involved with charities and have my name on the adoption list list though that doesn't make me feel like I'm saving the world. i am 'contributing' to society and yes, do feel like i am making a difference though thats it.

namaste to you

thank you for your kind words, I found the idea rather interesting too. I have been thinking and thinking for years now "what can I do that will REALLY make a difference", and it just hit me. Funny thing is I got out of my chair and hopped around whooping like a kid because I really feel this could work. But is isn't something I alone could do. I had to look up that Sanskrit word...very cool.

I just dont know what I would do if I went to a third world country and see this stuff first hand. I feel that I would never come back. It must have been hard getting on that plane.

I used to have one of those children who you send a little money to every month for a couple of years and after moving a few times as well as troubled times I just dropped the ball. Your a better man than I to have your name on the adoption lists. I mean that is awesome and you should be proud. But I can relate in the feeling that no matter what you do, it is never enough. So if your name comes up will you actually receive a child?

To those following this:

We are in the first steps of this, and we could take a while getting it together. We need a unified front and some people willing to do some leg work and network by making calls, setting dates, making the posts everywhere without doing it too early and trying to get as many conspiracy audiences informed before we go into action.

I think the main timing of this would hinge on the radio programs, because so far with impromptu attempts at mass-consciousness events it involved a good number of listeners.

We dont have to bring the entire conspiracy network together as a working unit for more than one night. Just one night, thats all we would need. One radio program, one night, one attempt, with as many people as possible.

I am fully open to ideas on what to do other than just raising the awareness of the target audience. I want this to be the think tank that initiates the idea to the world.

It doesn't have to be me, I need no spotlight nor attention. If any of you radio people are reading this and want to take this idea to the next level then by all means do it please. PLEASE! If any of you who are reading this KNOW some of these radio people and have their ear, then please take this and run with it, because they will be the backbone of this as they have the bulk of the audience.

All I request is unification for ONE DAY in the conspiracy underground to try and make it happen. Don't just make it your show only. Just think of the ratings you would have if everyone knew that everyone else was also doing this project. The same show worldwide.

It could be one of the biggest nights in broadcasting history because all over the world conspiracy radio programs would be sharing the same story and that alone would be an event people would remember for years.

thanks for posting!

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

i'm still alittle confused?? ....blonde moment

do you want everyone to think about peace for example at once and this inturn will bring about change? for eg. world peace or meditation days....along those lines?

re your q's. adoption process in Oz is costly and can take over 2 years. if i had the $$$$ i bet it wouldent take as long though i'm willing to wait b/c its what i feel passionately about.

i get back on that plane again and again because i have commitments here though yeah, my heart breaks everytime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join