It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ATS Save the World?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hi _Heretic,

Thank you for yor post - it's an interesting idea and I would like to participate.

I believe we all make our reality - everything we think can be as valid as anything others think, so we need good people to think positive thoughts.
Something to counterbalance the absolute hell that is being foisted on us.
And everyone can do their best to not be part of the problem by making their own reality as positive and enjoyable as they can - even against the enormous opposition.

I occassionally have a problem in my personal life and try to 'step into' the universe where that problem isn't so big. It can work.

It's not about sitting thinking happy thoughts, it's about being positive and doing your utmost every day to make that day a good one.

And also, simply not believing something can actually prevent it from happening in your life. Not ignoring a pressing problem - that would be stupid and irresponsible, just not accepting (inviting) something awful into your reality.

The major problem we have now is that so many people are conditioned to believe something awful is coming, so when there is a catastrophe they're almost inured to it. We've got to stop 'buying into' the predictions and not accept that terrible things are inevitable.

If as many people as possible could be persuaded that things could be alright, then maybe they would be.

Like I said, we all make reality - we need to accept that fact and then get picky about what we do or do not want in our universe.

Could I suggest you make a 'friends list' on ATS of like-minded people and try the sort of experiment you want to do. Choose a time that will suit people (I know that could be difficult given so many are in different time zones) and at that time everyone on your list will think of something that they all really want to happen. It may take several attempts, some things don't happen overnight, but a sustained effort by enough people could bring about the chosen result.

If everyone couldn't do it together, it could be done by a few groups. Even one person on their own, just so long as what they desired was in tune with everyone else's desire.

My thoughts now are on a peacful and quick solution to the problems in Georgia - would that be a good cause to start with? I'd like to 'step into' the universe where that happened.

If you only get a handful of people to join you, I want to be one of the handful. Please put me on your list.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
well i was inspired to attempt it because it has been done over and over and it works, there is scientific data.

A person concentrating on a coin toss over 100 times will actually influence the outcome. There is a measurable difference. They also did similar tests with a lager number of people and the effects were exponential, indicating the more people you have the greater the effect.

The art bell show tried this with their viewers, lots lots of people, and they made a remarkable change in our world to the point it was rather scary. I just cant remember what it was, and I have been looking and it is as if that info vanished because I cant find it anywhere and I just dont remember the show well enough to tell you what change they caused. So if someone remembers or has a link please post it.

C2C did a few more of these experiments and there was other effects that held to the theory of mass-consciousness. The 100th monkey effect is a good example but I was not really trying to change the consciousness of others.

With the Olympics going on and alot of people all over the world watching I saw it as a window of opportunity to effect more people than what has been done before...but it would take many many people. Even though the conspiracy world is divided into many sub groups and there is bickering and fighting, we are all really on the same team because we are aware that there is more going on that we are being told or can perceive.

My contention is if we could pull the entire conspiracy community together as a whole...all of it, all the websites, radio programs, all the people who listen to these programs...pretty much everyone who would give it a go, could really make do "something" during the Olympics while all are watching, even if it is just someone small to make people think, ask questions, or whatever would work to move the population along the path towards waking up. With the number of people who view this site I thought ATS could be a good place to organize this from.

it would really take alot of organization to make the biggest impact. i would not want to do this experiment with just 20 or even 500 people, we would need more to do it. with 30-40 million people...just think what we could do in front of the world why it is watching the same thing at the same time. I really don't even have a plan on WHAT to do concerning the Olympics that would have a positive effect on those watching and was hoping people would get on board and brainstorm an idea up.

anyway that was the idea...not getting alot of support for it and thats ok, its a hard concept to accept as real and I understand. The idea alone is worthless. It would be the people and their passion to make a better world.

peace

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
i believe only those who believe in total freedom from acts will help towards aving the world, those who stamp the opinons of others and make out that they care about the world will be taken down with the rest of the agents.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by _Heretic

Hi _Heretic,

I like your OP, but the one thing I'll mention is that you're assuming there is something to save the world from.

Don't take it for granted that not everyone on here believes in the conspiracy du jour.

If you really want to help save the world, stick with what's in front of you right now, not what a bunch of internet posters theorize endlessly is really behind the curtain. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, find ways to socially improve local programs, contribute to causes that actually make a difference.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee

Hi _Heretic,

I like your OP, but the one thing I'll mention is that you're assuming there is something to save the world from.

Don't take it for granted that not everyone on here believes in the conspiracy du jour.

If you really want to help save the world, stick with what's in front of you right now, not what a bunch of internet posters theorize endlessly is really behind the curtain. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, find ways to socially improve local programs, contribute to causes that actually make a difference.

dont get me wrong, I am taking care of myself and have a Rolodex of paradigms to choose from. I keep them all because I do not know which are true from those that are disinfo and lies. But I am not alone in this world, and the choices others make will effect me too. Our actions will also effect others. The actions of millions in a united effort....well thats what the OP is about.

You right in that I believe we have something to save the world from

ourselves

we have no where else to go and we are on the brink of really screwing up all we have

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Excellent idea !
A monthly magazine made internationally available would also be great, maybe even an ATS radio station and what about a TV station set up JUST for discussion, debate and information regarding the issues raised by all these conspiracy theories.................

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hello Heritic,

Very nice post. But, I believe you will find that ATS cannot save itself from ATS.

There are so many conspiracies, aliens, reptillians, our own "evil" government, so many - just too many to count and keep track of. I'm affraid you are "up a creek" so to speak.

Also, about 2012 and this big "change" that's supposed to happen, ahhh, how many predictions have we seen here on ATS??? Please show me one (1) That has come to pass.....

I have very serious doubts about 2012. The only thing I have to look forward to is my mortgage will be paid off.

Good luck to you though. I'd like to watch and see how far you can take this.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

I'm glad your thinking about this.. I was talking last night with a very well respected and knowledgeable member of the ATS community last night and we got on this very discussion. Maybe he has some thoughts to share.... IMO it's going to take a lot more than just wishing a these problems away. We need get the information that we know out to the sheeple. This is the only way imo we have a shot at taking it to "the man." Flag for you.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustnoone1987

lol i'm sorry totally wrong post

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustnoone1987

Good luck wishing away problems that don't exist

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
POWER IN NUMBERS PEOPLE!! COMMUNISM IS ON THE WAY!! WE NEED ANOTHER BOSTON TEA PARTY BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE! THE CONSTITUTION IS BEING RE-WRITTEN BY BUSH!! HE IS GOING TO DECLARE MARSHALL LAW AND STEAL ANOTHER PRESIDENCY FOR HIMSELF!! HE IS STARTING WORLD WAR 3 FOR POPULATION CONTROL!! WE THE PEOPLE MUST TAKE OVER OR SURRENDER OUR LIVES.....\

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Crumbs - I hope no-one thought I was suggesting 'wishing away' problems . Existent or otherwise

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

awww, well don't be so down in the dumps. You can always take responsibility for yourself and in that sense, you are doing your part. It may seem small and insignificant, but can you imagine how different and peaceful this world would be if ppl quit thinking about changing everyone else and the world and started changing themselves to be more responsible for their own happiness and peace of mind?

Unfortunately when it comes to changing the world, ppl want to think objectively bc it is easier than thinking subjectively. Changing yourself though is actually a MUCH easier task than changing everyone else to conform to you

*cheer up friend cuz it is only likely to get worse and these may be the best days of the rest of your life

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I see it this way

It is true we have to save ourselves. But it doesn't stop there. If you were in a plane crash you wouldn't save yourself and let the others burn. You would help them as well, and you couldn't do that unless you had a safe place to rescue them to right?

We are really in a bind with the economy, environment, food crisis, energy crisis, and increasing wars that will only exasperate things. We are already beginning to turn on each other and you can see that even here. If something doesn't change, we will most likely see another Dark Age.

So yes I do think it is important to give attention to yourself and there is much to do. But it cant stop there, we need to start thinking of each other like family. It cant happen from the ground up, like helping a homeless person by buying a house for them. It would be a magnanimous gift and you would have my admiration, but that is only one man.

Making a change at the highest order (like a paradigm shift) cause a trickle down effect in which everything else below that falls into the correct place according to that paradigm. This is the only thing I can figure that will save the rest of our family on this planet.

If you think of humanity as a family, then war and starvation creates a much more painful urgent need for a solution. Look at some pictures from the wars and starvation and try not to get upset. Now imagine thats you family.

Well you dont have to imagine. It is your family. in my eyes anyway.

peace

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
To use my own analogy, if I may, it would be like two ppl whose boat goes down and they are out in the middle of the water. First guy grabs two life savers and climbs into one. He sees the other guy is completely freaking out and is going to drown if he doesn't calm down, gain some control of his situation, and get to the 2nd life saver.

The first guy could A: swim over to the guy w/ the second life saver and risk being drowned by the hysterical person or B: push the life saver over to the guy while keeping a safe distance, because honestly, what good is it going to do to both drown.

If ya go with B then you are still helping, you are just being smart not to get so involved that you end up drowning as well.

Now I am all for the first guy swimming with the aid of his life saver over to the second guy if the 2nd guy has a grip on reality and is staying calm and doing what he can to insure not only his own safety, but that of the first guy.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Here is something I do as often as I can. Ask yourself these questions before you do anything.

Why am I doing this? In this controlled society do I beleive its the right thing to do? Who gains out of me doing it? If I dont conform and not do it, what are the consiquences?

I find that so much of my programming makes me do things and I dont know why. For example.. Why do I need a bank account? Why do I watch TV? .

Eventually you get a new take on life, feel more confident and are more self aware. I guess its a tool for awakening yourself and might be something that can be passed on to others.

Ive also found myself challenging people more and the more I do, the more I find that they dont know why they demand we do things iether.

Find your true self and be true to your self. Treat your family and friends with reverance and with that comes the awakening. I dont need the world, in my world i have people I love and who love me. Together we can problem solve for ourselves.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by captiva]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

would I be completely wrong in thinking that this is purely entertainment/financially driven like anything else on the internet?

if the illusion of saving the world exists.. its purely for advertising purposes.. is that possible? this is just what ive learned growing up in the world I have..

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToolFanMael

would I be completely wrong in thinking that this is purely entertainment/financially driven like anything else on the internet?

if the illusion of saving the world exists.. its purely for advertising purposes.. is that possible? this is just what ive learned growing up in the world I have..

it's no joke, it has been done on a smaller scale, research proves that that thought experiments work, quantum mechanics proves that expectation changes the outcome of measurement

it is a viable concept to try to use thought and intent to make a change in the world and if enough people are behind it, the bigger the effect

it would cost nothing to do, and I have nothing to sell

I suppose someone could turn "saving the world" into a money making business but if it worked they wouldn't have much repeat business

peace

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
_Heretic:

If this is going to happen, there needs to be some way to rally up participants. I propose a website with a small message and goal with a sign-up form and a counter of the total participants. Someone or a group of people would need to run the site and post updates as to the progress of the plan and how close it is to coming into action. I think you're idea is good to start off with something pertinent to the world but not too "out-there" or hard for people to swallow, the water source idea sounds perfect to me.

This all sounds good in theory but in order for it to happen, people are going to have to realize that it is not just a theory but a plan of action to be taken seriously. Take the group "Anonymous" for example. They started out as just a group on the internet, and they formulated a plan and organized participants all over the world and had a huuuge impact.

en.wikipedia.org...(group)

Anyways, I really believe in this idea and fully support the cause and I would love to see this followed through instead of just float away and die.

Sign me up!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975

good post,thanks

i feel this site and the others like this one are doing a lot to save humanity....by sharing the truth

eventually we are going to have NESARA

much love to you and all that is
i think NESARA needs a thread of its own ive nevr heard of this and ive been looking at things like this this need to be discussed here i dont know how to post things for all to see but someone need to www.nesara.us... that is the link read it. thanx

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join