It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy of being Unique

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I've been up for about 24 hours at this point, so I might not make sense, but i was thinking about trying to organise and stuff, and I realized something,
There's been a lot of talk about being unique lately, standing out from the background, ect.
Anyone that doesn't stand out, or is part of the "crowd" is usually given off as... lesser, I guess.
So we focus on how we are different. Which, unsurprisingly, causes more flarups with people.
Don't get me wrong, individualism is great, but it makes trying to get people to work together like herding cats.
Now, this is just me, but it seems like this is about a perfect setup.
People who don't conform are "weird", while those who do are "sheeple.
Putting a wedge in between folks, and encouraging generalizations.
Lonewolfs are cool, but facing reality, they are good for martyr's and moral boosters.
Leadrship set up would be fragmentary, putting a large emphasis on the indivdual, or put in place to protect the "sheepl," going right back to to the start.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
No one is better than anyone.

People are different, which is a beautiful thing.

Because you do not agree with what someone says, that does not make them less than you. Nor does it make you less than them.

Z

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I'm not saying it's bad, I take delieght in my individualism. It's just seeing so many threads and hearing comments from folks against "sheeple" or the incrowd makes me kinda hesitate some times. Especially with the murmurs of revolution we hear on here pretty often.

new topics

join