Re-Introducing Myself, ATS Blackwater Expert, and A Welcome To All New Members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Bottom line: My info can be verified by anyone in the know. His cannot.

I understand what you are saying....because, I am one of ATS' biggest skeptics on almost anything here
And believe huge claims require huge evidence/proof.

However, your claims are no more legit then his - to us here on ATS

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

As I said before, if any of the skeptics here would like proof, my answers can be easily verified by anyone who has ever done any work with BW.

Hell, even the contents of the Phase 1 packet sent out to those even considered for employment with BW could be easily answered. Something like that shouldnt be any problem whatsoever for an alleged expert.

I am willing to answer any and all questions pertinent to the topic at hand. The difference between SKL and myself is my answers would actually be truthful.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Scorched Earth]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackboxI'm a nobody here but just couldn't hold my tongue after reading some of this stuff. SKL is reaching out a friendly hand to newcomers, like myself, and some of you guys are ripping his credentials apart.... WHY?

A. Because he is not so much welcoming new members as he is letting them know that he has been labeled "blackwater expert" on ats.

B. Because he keeps bringing it up in other threads, even threads that have nothing to do with blackwater.

C. Because unlike ATS, some of us would like him to actually prove it since he is throwing the dubbed expert card out everywhere we turn.

D. And lets just be honest, at this point the expert is acting more like the village idiot. That is the truth.. (sorry mods, but do you WANT me to lie? Even if you do, I won't do it)

two points:

What I told to the a mod: You can read a few books and watch a couple youtube videos about plumbing, but until you have had experience AS a plumber you will not be hired as an expert in the field and this is logic that applies to this situation.

Second point: If there are serious discussions going on about the world and such and a [snip] comes in, happens to make some seemingly good points and gets rewarded, then proceeds to parade around in the middle of all the discussions loudly proclaiming that "he ith sthmart" disrupting and annoying serious thinkers, you don't stand by and watch... you quiet them down a bit.

At the very least, there is no reason, IF he is the expert, why he can't just answer the questions being posed and prove it to those of us who don't go around labeling ppl experts simply because they can read, retain the knowledge, and spew out another persons' opinion. That doesn't make you a thinker, let alone an expert.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by justamomma]

Mod Edit - removed offensive word.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

If this issue is the worst thing that happens us today, I think we will all be having FANTASTIC days.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackbox
reply to post by justamomma

If this issue is the worst thing that happens us today, I think we will all be having FANTASTIC days.

No doubt. My day is actually dandy despite this. The sun is shining (behind the clouds, that is
), My kids are playing nicely in the back yard with their little friends, called to get a plumber out here to fix the shower head and got immediate service (rare), and I am having a pretty damned good hair day IMO

Still, no reason to sit back and watch as this site that I enjoy is being taken over by an over inflated ego.

Listen, I am not against the guy as an individual (not my pesonal taste in friends, but to each his own), but honestly, the title of expert doesn't TECHNICALLY belong to him. If anything, it belongs to the ppl whose opinion he is regurgitating. It wouldn't be as big of a deal (and it is only a big deal on here, not in my life as a whole) if he wouldn't be throwing it around every chance he gets.

But still, it hardly affects my day as a whole.
It can be compared to an annoying fly... just gotta find the damn fly swatter and put an end to the annoyance.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth

SE I agree with you here. How can a site devoted to denying ignorance title a person without first hand knowlede an "expert"? Mods, I can appreciate your desire to reward a members efforts, but reading a book or two hardly gives someone the practical insight your members expect from experts. As for me, I prefer my "experts" to be players, not posers.

To me it's the equivalent of Jesse Ventura claiming he's a Navy Seal. We are not better served by people trading on the valor of others.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I have to jump in here,SKL is in no way, shape or form a BW expert, this much has been shown, the fact that the Mods gave him a title has only stoked his ego even further and that is not good news for the rest of us.
On the other hand a subject matter expert is just that, 'subject matter' and that means that the title was given because of, not in spite of, the fact that he has read every available peice of literature or periodicle on the subject. He has absorbed and documented all available info that is in print. And like it or not that makes him a SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT.
If he were a former or current member of BW that would make him an insider and his credentials would read BW EXPERT/INSIDER, or something like that. As for Mr. ScorchedEarth, your opinion would be valid if SKL had made any other claims about BW other than amassing all available printed info, he hasnt and you need to let this go. Your opinion has been recognized and we respect it.
On another note if you have any inside info on BW you should post it here, not give pointless challenges to other members. Who gives a [snip] what the armorers name is? Also the fact that you may have such info makes you highly suspect in my opinion, even though it cannot easily be verififed. Why do you have this info,where did you get it, how can it be verified, and most importantly in my opinion, what is your agenda here?

[edit on 18-8-2008 by spookjr]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ah.. ok I see now. So really what we have here is just an ATS lynch mob, a group of members picking on one individual...

I guess none of you were interested in the actual content of this thread which was trying to help others, especially the new members here.

I hope you all feel proud of yourselves, I personally dont care whether hes an expert or not.

This is all very poor in my opinion... and I dont know why this thread is still open.

JQ.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

I could see your point if I were coming here to make friends.. but alas, I have plenty of friends IRL and don't have the need to make them online (although if I find like minded individuals in the process that is all good and fine).

If that were the case, we should label everyone experts of something so we can all hop around from the thread to thread announcing what big boys and girls we are.

The title would have been fine and let go of.... in fact the only time anyone "harrasses" him about it is when *HE* brings it up.

For me personally, being a single mother and working doesn't afford me much time to discuss this kind of stuff as often as I would like on a face to face basis. This site fulfills that ADULT need to discuss with other adults current events and ideas.

But ya get into an adult discussion about a topic and then suddenly a juvenile personality pops into the discussion in bold letters saying (paraphrasing) "LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!! ATS DUBBED ME THE EXPERT OF BLACKWATER. BLACKWATER IS EVIL. CHECK OUT THE LINK IN MY SIGNATURE AND IF YOU DON'T MIND ADD TO IT.
"

Check out the minimum wage thread. What the hell does blackwater and him being labeled an expert have to do w/ minimum wage? We were having a great discussion about minimum wage (one of which I was actually learning from) and then *POOF* in comes the village idiot and the topic changed for a bit to blackwater at which point to keep from mouthing off at him, I had to bow out for awhile.

That isn't the only example. I have watched as he used the "expert title" against slackerwire when it had nothing to do with the topic of the thread slackerwire was replying to. Again just *POOF* "SLACKERWIRE, I WAS NAMED BLACKWATER EXPERT AND I HAVE PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE" (again, paraphrasing... I think it was actually much worse and I felt embarrassed for the guy much as you would feel embarrassed for a mentally challenged person).

Now the guy is trying to greet ppl at the door of ATS and is this the impression of ATS that should be given to new members? If so, then I have to question if this place is really for serious discussions.

You say we are harrassing, but this thread was just begging for nothing other than what he has received on it. It is arrogant, ridiculous, embarrassing and some of us would just like new members coming in to know that we are not all bumbling idiots here.

I care about this site not being made into a joke, not the feelings of the joke.

The guy is making a joke of the title he was VERY KINDLY given (bc personally I don't see that it fits) and himself. If he would have accepted it graciously and left it out of discussions where it isn't necessary to bring up, there wouldn't be this issue.

EDITED TO ADD: And his fishing for posts on his BW thread really should stop, IMO. I can slap up numerous examples of his fishing across the board if need be. If someone wants to post on his thread, they will.. the fact that they aren't is bc they don't want to. We are not retarded and fully aware that it exists bc he won't let us forget and obviously we know how to click a link and post, we just don't want to do it on his.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

SKL showed up at the tree with his own rope, the "mob" as you put it, were only helpful in giving him a leg up.

To SKL: please do not take my posts as a personal attack, it's certainly not my intention. IMHO the site administrators gave you a distinction that should be reserved for insiders (the application of first hand knowledge), not information based on publications. To me there is a distinction between Blackwater expert and subject matter expert.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

I wasnt challenging anyone. If he wants to run around calling himself an expert after reading some books, thats his choice. However, his alleged expertise is wide open to challenge the moment he attempts to use that title in an authoritative, end all be all manner.

Lets be realistic here, SKL is nothing more than a wannabe at best, a pathetic imitation at worst.

He claims that he's " been interested in the Navy S.E.A.L.'s and Special Forces all of my life".

Know what that means? Hes read a few books and watched a few videos about the SF community. I wouldnt be surprised if he has even claimed to be an operator in order to impress someone.

As I asked previously, would reading books on surgery or aviation make him an expert in that field if he never wielded a scalpel, or piloted an aircraft? Of course it wouldnt, the same as reading books by people with an agenda doesnt make him any kind of expert on BW.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It might interest you to know that the title was given to him by the MODS, or didnt you understand this. Again, you obviously do not comprehend the meaning of SUBJECT MATTER, and your argument has been made moot. I dont want to sound like a defender of SKL but of the MODS who felt his knowledge of the SUBJECT MATTER, to be of some relevance.BTW who the heck are you to challenge anyone anyway? You are awfully defensive about something which really doesnt make a damn bit of difference in the big scheme of things.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

Actually A (as in single) mod approved of himself calling him that.

Try again.

As for who I am: I'm someone with actual knowledge of the company in question.

I'm also someone who expect a website that claims to deny ignorance to have experts who actually are experts in their respective fields, not some basement dwelling wannabe.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Please refrain from harsh judgement folks.

The title "Blackwater Expert" is an unofficial title given in good heart. It is not an official subject-expert title of ATS. We all know what official titles look like.

To Spartan: The way I avoid being attacked by anyone is not to call myself anything

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

A single MOD, but with the go ahead from others, hence, The Board. Do you think that one MOD made the decision all by his lonesome, and if he did( I am man enough to admit I could be wrong here.) Then you have some valid points and this appointment should be reviewed.
What are your creds, BTW? And how can you prove them?
I personally dont care much for SKL(online persona, I dont know him) but that is not the issue here.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr

It might interest you to know that the title was given to him by the MODS, or didnt you understand this. Again, you obviously do not comprehend the meaning of SUBJECT MATTER, and your argument has been made moot. I dont want to sound like a defender of SKL but of the MODS who felt his knowledge of the SUBJECT MATTER, to be of some relevance.BTW who the heck are you to challenge anyone anyway? You are awfully defensive about something which really doesnt make a damn bit of difference in the big scheme of things.[edit on 18-8-2008 by spookjr]

Then fine.... Label him expert reader and regurgitater (I know this technically isn't a word, but since the truth obviously isn't something that matters, neither should my making up words be an issue).

If someone is going from thread to thread randomly spewing out that he is the blackwater expert, then that should give us ALL not only the right to challenge him, but the responsibility to challenge him... if we are after the truth, that is.

If not, then I am an EXPERT ROCKET SCIENTIST!!
I'll be announcing it randomly in threads and using it to try and shut up others who are trying to give their opinions on any and all topics.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

The title "Blackwater Expert" is an unofficial title given in good heart. It is not an official subject-expert title of ATS. We all know what official titles look like.

To Spartan: The way I avoid being attacked by anyone is not to call myself anything

I believe that it was given with good intentions. Like I said, it was VERY KIND to be given to him considering.

But HE has abused it, especially considering that it is unofficial. So my question is this.... Is he gonna be allowed keep it and use it as a catalyst to continue on his arrogant crusade and fishing for posts to his thread in other ppls threads (especially ones that are not even on the BW topic)?

Like I said, I am not against the guy personally... but he has brought this on himself. I know he appears congenial here, but all one has to do is browse through various threads he has posted in where he uses it to try and (using his words) "put ppl in their place."

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

The title "Blackwater Expert" is an unofficial title given in good heart. It is
cool! can I "in good heart" have the "Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream Expert" title?? please oh please... I have eaten many variations of it and have read books on it, I also have made some at home so I know everything about chocolate chunk ice cream...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Is everyone that is here bashing this guy having fun? Is it making your day better? Seriously. Some long posts, some short but what drives someone to take the time and energy to do this? I don't get it. Please, don't post what has already been posted, I've read the thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Denial of ignorance makes people challenge the alleged expertise.

Thats what this website is about isnt it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join