Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Re-Introducing Myself, ATS Blackwater Expert, and A Welcome To All New Members

page: 2
6
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The point being made is that we doubt his level of "expertise".
Anyone can go read the same books he read. An "expert" would know inside details that can only be gained through personal experience.
JMHO

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Fathom]




posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth
 



The interior corridor leading to the H.R. directors office is painted what color?

Which side of the Moyock compound is the armory located?

The name of the master armorer in IL is?


Heck do you know this? Ill venture a guess, although I am no expert.

1. White
2. Fred
3. Bob

Did I win?



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas
 





Remember, while on ATS, try to have fun.


Yeah..... I think people forget that one. Great thread and congrats on your time spent here (how do you survive 3 years on ATS, probably an entire new thread on its own)

This is just an intro thread saying HI, trying to help new members and what subject matter (you) SKL specializes in but still we have to point fingers and say prove it... it can be hard work being a member here sometimes.... some people never seize to amaze me.

Nice try anyway SKL. Keep up the good work..

Cheers,

JQ.



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Q
This is just an intro thread saying HI, trying to help new members and what subject matter (you) SKL specializes in but still we have to point fingers and say prove it....

well...conspiracy buffs see conspiracies everywhere...sue us.



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno
 


Yes, unlike SKL, I actually do know the answers to those questions.


I am still awaiting the response from the alleged BW "expert".



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A little off topic here, but since we are challenging the expertise of SKL, I figured I would throw this out:

Would SKL be considered an "expert" on medical procedures if he had read a few books and watched a video or 2? Or would ATS rather their "experts" have first hand experience?

Would SKL earn an expert designation on aviation without ever having flown a plane? What if he just read some books on the fundamentals of flight, would that qualify him as an "expert" in the field?



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth
 


Ok then... Set up a 100 question test. 50 multiple choice, 20 true or false, 20 fill in the blank, 10 essay questions. Aparently as a former employee of BW you certanly could come up with a 100 point test in which you would give the answer key to a moderator and then SKL would answer the test.

If he passes, then his claim of BW expertise is genuine, if not then the truth will be known.

Does it sound like a good idea?



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth
A little off topic here, but since we are challenging the expertise of SKL, I figured I would throw this out:

Would SKL be considered an "expert" on medical procedures if he had read a few books and watched a video or 2? Or would ATS rather their "experts" have first hand experience?

Would SKL earn an expert designation on aviation without ever having flown a plane? What if he just read some books on the fundamentals of flight, would that qualify him as an "expert" in the field?



I'm a nobody here but just couldn't hold my tongue after reading some of this stuff. SKL is reaching out a friendly hand to newcomers, like myself, and some of you guys are ripping his credentials apart.... WHY?

If ATS labeled him an expert about the subject, that's something to congratulate him on I would think, or has the iron grip of jealousy seized you?

Please focus on the content and context of the original post instead of nit-picking about titles? As a newcomer, and a target of SKL's original post, I think I'm validated in saying this macho crap from a few users to discredit this person speaks volumes about their own character, not his.

SKL- Thank you for the wonderful post and all your hard work and research. Keep fighting the good fight and making some of us feel at home.

[edit on 7/3/2008 by blackbox]



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno
 


If the powers that be agree to pull his little "expert designation" immediately after he fails to provide truthful answers, I would be more than happy too.

100 questions would be overkill, 20 would be plenty IMO.

I'd wager he wouldnt get a single answer correct.



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth
reply to post by whatukno
 


If the powers that be agree to pull his little "expert designation" immediately after he fails to provide truthful answers, I would be more than happy too.

100 questions would be overkill, 20 would be plenty IMO.

I'd wager he wouldnt get a single answer correct.


You sure would show everyone then wouldn't you!

*yawn*



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth
 


Nope at this point you have just as much to prove as SKL, you made just as much claim to expertise at blackwater as he has, so nothing less than a 100 point test would do. This would test YOUR knowledge of BW and an independant person could research your answers to make sure they are genuine.

SKL may indeed fail the test, although he may pass it as well.



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blackbox
 


When one proclaims to be an expert on something, that usually indicates they have in depth, first hand knowledge of something.

That doesnt mean they spent an afternoon in Barnes & Noble, dropped a few bucks on Amazon, and watched some Youtube videos.



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth
reply to post by blackbox
 


When one proclaims to be an expert on something, that usually indicates they have in depth, first hand knowledge of something.

That doesnt mean they spent an afternoon in Barnes & Noble, dropped a few bucks on Amazon, and watched some Youtube videos.


Oh, so now you're an expert on experts? Please tell us all your qualifications...

The title was given, not taken. Instead of sullying a kind and genuine thread over your own insecurities, maybe take up the arguement through U2U with a moderator... or would that be asking for too much decorum?



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno
 

I U2U'd you the answers to the 3 questions posted above just so its documented


Hang on to that message.



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth
reply to post by whatukno
 


If the powers that be agree to pull his little "expert designation" immediately after he fails to provide truthful answers, I would be more than happy too.

100 questions would be overkill, 20 would be plenty IMO.

I'd wager he wouldnt get a single answer correct.



Seriously?

Im sorry, but where is your PROOF? Even if he provided answers to your exam, how do we know that your "right" or "wrong" is accurate = without PROOF!

Your challenge makes no sense.



[edit on 8/18/2008 by greeneyedleo]



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by blackbox
 


The OP likes to throw that little designation around. When doing so, he better be able to back it up with actual knowledge.



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth
reply to post by greeneyedleo
 


You're thinking of the number 1.
[snip]


LMAO.

Ah....funny, funny.....
Maybe I shouldnt have deleted...guess I was in edit mode, as you responded.


But seriously, do you not see the irony in your request?

[edit on 8/18/2008 by greeneyedleo]

removed by staff.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by elevatedone]



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo
 


Bottom line: My info can be verified by anyone in the know. His cannot.



posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth
reply to post by blackbox
 


The OP likes to throw that little designation around. When doing so, he better be able to back it up with actual knowledge.


If it makes him happy and is a title that was given to him what is the harm in it? I simply think you should be proud of the accomplishments of others, not switch focus to your own knowledge when they are recognized.

It takes a big man/woman to give a little bit of attention in circumstances like this (when they might actually have more knowledge) rather than try and take it. What possible good could come from the path you have taken this thread on? Self serving your own ego by dragging others down might grant you immediate satisfaction, but building others up will give a more lasting effect I would think.

I'm done with the rant, I just think what you are doing is wrong. At least in application - maybe not in principle. We disagree on the matter, simple enough. I just want to throw my support in for SKL.






top topics



 
6
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join