It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would you do if jesus turned out to be anordinary man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
What would you, as a religious or a non religious individual, if Jesus was not a man of religion?. If he looked like Jesus, made many type of mircles like Jesus, truly loved the world like jesus, but also had the same anger problems as any other human but wasnt the perceived Jesus of the bible or any other ancient scripts & tablets?. What if he was just a normal guy who might be from England and logs in on the internet? just a normal spiritual shamanic indivudal who has alot of knowelege but you dint expect he was, what would you then be thinking?

[edit on 17-8-2008 by deathpoet69]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathpoet69
What would you, as a religious or a non religious individual, if Jesus was not a man of religion? ... just a normal spiritual shamanic indivudal who has alot of knowelege but you dint expect he was, what would you then be thinking?

I would think he was a great philosopher and reformer. I would probably become a Jewish proselyte because He was Jewish and we all tend to want to imitate our heroes.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
what if he was not jewish or never was jewish in the first place although that is a possiblity? what if there is no recarnation but someone has become qutie simluar to him in this life however is in a total different way of thinking

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

what if he was not jewish or never was jewish in the first place although that is a possiblity? what if there is no recarnation but someone has become qutie simluar to him in this life however is in a total different way of thinking

Then he would just be another talking head.

The difficulty with the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth were not just "love one another" and "don't be a hypocrite" but rather that he claimed God as his Father and claimed that he was a greater than the Prophets of Israel and Moses the Lawgiver. To the Jewish people, this was an astounding claim, and it was to those people whom he preached, as he pointed out himself that this was his "mission" or "purpose" in life. In context, he was claiming to be the greatest person who ever lived. So, to remove these claims from His message, or to make them falsely, would make Jesus among the most evil men who ever lived, or a crackpot.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is an interesting question. I already deny his deity. I use to be a Christian who claimed him as my Lord. However, I took another turn in life and no longer do.

But, I would still thank him for his example. He, according to what we have, was a very loving, very patient, compassionate man. We should all mirror his example. And even though I tend to not believe in the bible, I do believe in the overall message. To live according to LOVE. Making sure you're putting others first. I believe that is just a wonderful thing to do to make this planet better. In fact, I believe it is the ONLY truth we have been given from the bible.

So for me, it wouldn't be a big deal if he turned out to be an ordinary man. I already say he is... as far as human/God type. But... if he really did the things the bible says, as far as his life demonstrating love... than he was anything but ordinary.

So... instead of looking at his deity and questioning it.. let's just try to be like him regardless. Let's see how many people we can help each day. And let's see if we can leave a legacy behind in which people speak of our life's journey.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

very interesting, maybe that was the lesson?

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Deathpoet... perhaps it was. For me at least, it certainly was. Many take the whole bible though, and use it as a weapon. Where did Jesus, human or not, ever say that men were to do that? He didn't. Love was his entire base. And in that, we find peace, happiness, and a better way of life.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
Deathpoet... perhaps it was. For me at least, it certainly was. Many take the whole bible though, and use it as a weapon. Where did Jesus, human or not, ever say that men were to do that? He didn't. Love was his entire base. And in that, we find peace, happiness, and a better way of life.

The central message of Jesus was love in truth. Love without truth is just sentiment, and this becomes astoundingly clear when the synoptic accounts of his life and works are read. To omit truth from his message is to pervert the whole thing. That is why he is so vehement in his attacks on hypocrites and double-standards.

Also, Christ himself used the truth and the Hebrew scriptures as a weapon.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Jesus' teachings were important and testified that he came from the Father, but most important was the fact that he rose from the dead. This proved that he was the Father's Son and gave us the promise of full restoration - the resurrection and new heaven and earth. To believe in this promise is our salvation.

Jesus came once, and if we are to believe the bible, he will be back to fulfill his promise. And when he appears there will be no mistaking Him. He won't be on TV or internets or radios. His brightness and power will fill the skys. However, before he returns, many people will be deceived by ordinary people making false claims...

At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.
For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect— if that were possible.
See, I have told you ahead of time.
So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.
For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
theres some people i met in my life who have been like him, strong charater, loving, caring.

I feel really emotional when i see people in such predictment such as an old man or woman on there own having a cup of tea and lunch in a cafe, no one there for them. Africans smiling yet are starving to death, people lossing their familes through war, seeing babies die while waiting mothers have no choice but to see their child starve.Fathers/mothers beating each other, beating their children, child abuse. Diease, people going through pain.

It really breaks me up, normally a long time ago i was not emotional but alot of it now effects me and i just wish i could help.

[edit on 24-8-2008 by deathpoet69]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I feel really emotional when i see people... It really breaks me up, normally a long time ago i was not emotional but alot of it now effects me and i just wish i could help.

I think that we can all help. In my experience, the people who give the most are not the wealthy... they are the poor, who know what it is like to struggle. You don't have to look far for people who need help. Every community has nursing homes with the elderly and dying. The law of the land allows for infants to be killed virtually everywhere, and you can help a scared single mother to do the right thing and get her life back on track. The people in our nation typically have great sentimental thoughts, but then think it is "someone else's job" to make a difference---usually the government.

Yet this is still a judgment based on appearances. My wife lived in Africa, and the culture is not pristine... as a whole, the African people are not necessarily violent, but they are extremely sexually promiscuous and a lot of social problems result from their lack of restraint.

You see elderly in nursing homes, and their own children do not care about them. But that generation legalized the murder of infants for their own financial gain. To care about people in a culture of death and hedonism is sort of an unreasonable expectation.

To judge by telling someone "you are going to Hell" often arouses hostility and anger; yet telling someone "you are going to Heaven" is equally judgmental, yet because it sounds nice and comfortable, you often do not see a negative reaction. Yet both statements are the same problem---judgmentalism. Likewise, seeing the state of many people, one is moved with compassion to help them... but often conditions are a result of sin, and if this is not remedied, how can one expect to make a difference in the world?

So, shall we then put all our efforts into social actions, and fail to address the roots of the problems? This is an important question for many, because true righteousness is about much more than feeling good. But I think that there is a middle ground where we share each others' burdens while still recognizing that sin is not justified.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
ScienceDada

I absolutely agree with you and you are spot on.
I, myself, have suffered like many, I am poor however trying my best to get places. I have met many Africans and Jamaican who have moved to England and I had the pleasure to find more information about the country and culture, however I do understand it is not the same when you go over.

I agree that is a lot more than saying nice things, as someone who has experienced suffering I feel I am able to provide something back to these's people.
Although I want to work, there's something inside me were I want to still help people but I don't know why I want to do it, is in side me, almost like a calling? What do you recon it is, it only happened since I fell in love unexpectedly.

Its in the African nature to be sexually over arouse just their culture.
I think it needs understanding and direction. What's your views on what I can deliver to say young people?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

What would you, as a religious or a non religious individual, if Jesus was not a man of religion?.

In the words of the great David Cross:

Take the bread out of the oven and eat dinner?

(read: who cares?)

I would just hope that all the killing, intolerance and superstition carried out in his name would cause a massive guilt-induced suicide pact. Somehow I doubt that though, and there would just be even more intolerance to compensate for justification.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

ur right scientist. Whatever we do, there will always be those who want to fight and hurt others, what can we do though?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If Jesus was just a man like anyone else, which I suspect he just might have been, I'd have a pint and a smoke with him over a game of pool, with The Stone Roses, Levellers, Ska and Oi playing on the juke box and ask him wtf has gone wrong.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I agree mate, i suspect him to be a normal bloke, i think all that bible crap is fanstey.

How would the anordinary jesus, prove he was him if the bible showed a different story?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by deathpoet69

The core message of The New Testament is still a very valid and worthy one.
Unfortunately it's fleshed out with dogma and bollocks.

I'd just be happy if J Boy turned the water into wine, (or better still John Smiths Magnet!).

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by deathpoet69
I'd just be happy if J Boy turned the water into wine, (or better still John Smiths Magnet!).

If you think so much of "J Boy" and His message, then why not show a little respect?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
ScienceData,

Lighten uo my friend.
I meant no offence to any of his followers, if that's what you believe in fair do's, your perogative.

Me, I personally think he was probably just a regular guy with a good message which has been corrupted.

But hey, wtf do I know, very little really.

I never knew his teachings banned a sense of humour just like Mo and his followers seem to lack. (Yes, a gross generalisation, I know)

Sincerely hope not offended anyone.

Edit to add:

Oh, and the OP did state that 'if Jesus turned out to be a regular guy', well if he was and did, that's how I'd treat him, like a regular guy, I wouldn't deify him, why would I?

[edit on 25/8/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
true, it was just posting his opinon on what if he was an anordinary guy that is different to what the bible preceives him to be, because maybe the bible made him out to be this marciulous person to deceive the people when he dose come.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join