It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Extreme Stand on Abortion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

I couldn't agree more. the constitution gives everyone the right to practice their religion (with certain exceptions. Sorry, Aztecs!), but that does not mean that certain interpretations of the scripture of certain religions get to call the shots for the entire population. If you want theocracy, please move to Iran.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by ThePiemaker

It speaks to our moral fiber as a nation, how we treat the most defenseless among us. We are not a disposable society when it comes to life.

Edit: Regardless of whether it should be an issue, the fact that he supports partial birth abortion says a lot about his makeup, imo.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by jsobecky]

no, we shouldn't be a disposable society when it comes to the unborn, once they are born, well, who cares, right... then they are just society's tools to exploit however they wish....call me cynical or whatever, but if you ask me, the reason why abortion is such an issue is that people want their cheap labor, they want lots of babies in the world to grow up and pay their taxes, fight their wars, earn their profits....if they really cared about the babies, well then those stay at home mothers out there would have an affordable way to have their babies and the children in this country would be provided much better than they are.

as far as the partial birth bit, well, I'm sorry, a women who would be quick to chose abortion would have had it done long before that time...seems logical to me. so, well....guess something must of come up from the time the child was concieved and the time that it was decided for a partial birth abortion. so, just wondering...what could have happened...
maybe she found out that delivering the baby would be too dangerous?
maybe there was a health problem that she needed to take a drug to resolve and well, that particular drug was very prone to destroying the baby's chance of a healthy lifestyle. maybe a genetic problem was discovered, ect...
so, ya see, by focusing on the partial births and how horrendous they are, well...you're kind of telling me, that the one thing that I believe justifies abortion, those health issues, is the lest concern as far as you are concerned!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Yeah, that comment makes you look so . . .self righteous, it is a woman problem after all. . . right after all men don't can not have abortions right?

Guess what is my problem as a woman and stay the heck out of my uterus is none of your business.

When man takes equal responsibility for sex, pregnancy and abortion then they will have some pull in the matter.

Bringing the religious card crap is nothing but that crap, politicians know it but they just eat the crap like good politicians and mostly republicans they are.

Good for Obama not falling for the BS.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Exactly who are we to judge when life "truly" begins?

I forgot, religion is controlled by men. And politicians who love being pro-life are mainly..men.

Isn't it funny when a Republican claims to be pro-life but yet, he'll support the death penalty. (Bush)

Oh well, keep abortion legal. Keep your rights.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Soon the republicans will say that life starts in my testicles and I will be forbidden from letting my sperm go without an egg to catch it.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I personally feel that partial birth abortions are in the same lines as having a baby and killing it immediately after birth. I cannot see anyone being “punished by pregnancy” as you quoted him in saying. The only punishment would be that of poor choices. I personally have to agree with McCain in that it is morally wrong. With so many couples unable to conceive and more than willing to take the responsibility of another’s child abortion seems to be a selfish decision in my eyes.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

I forgot, religion is controlled by men. And politicians who love being pro-life are mainly..men.

Isn't it funny when a Republican claims to be pro-life but yet, he'll support the death penalty. (Bush)

When does a human officially get rights?

Obama feels its ok to kill a baby after a failed abortion. Would he also kill a kid who was hit by a car and not killed?

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

what you are failing to realize is that you CAN NOT LEGISLATE MORALS

those are things that are different from one person to the next, so you cannot make blanket statements about things like that and assume that your morals lines up with everyone elses.

what im saying is that you simply cannot have a small group of people trying to legislate the morals of an entire country. if you MUST have a law on abortion then try to get one done with your local government or state government, since they are by definition smaller, and more personal groups of people, you would be able to get a more accurate feeling on how their constituents feel about the subject. but the government has absolutely no place in trying to tell people that they HAVE to give birth to a child they simply can't take care of.

and i don't want to argue the options that you have TO abortion since they would be totally off topic.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ravinsomniac

America was not founded on freedom of choice, but the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Therefore everyone has the right to life, even unborn babies. Doesnt it make you sick to your stomache to think that your parents might not have wanted you, or loved you, and just had your brains sucked out by a needle. its sad stuff really. why send murders to jail for killing someone, if killing a baby is just fine and dandy. doesnt make sense to me

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
People really got to get a clue there is no such thing as partial birth abortion. The fact is many bad an terrible things can happen during pregnancy. And nearly 50% of pregnancies end in miscarriage (natures natural abortion)
In fact My wife just lost a pregnancy.
And While i support a womans right to choice, and hope they would choose to have the baby and offer it up for adoption we must respect the law as it stand and stop bringing this up as an issue oin every damn election.

now back to partial birth abortion what are we talking about aborting a baby who has decided to be born and is already on the way. this is already illegal.

I always considered life to begine once the baby become viable at around 19-21 weeks, but the thought of my six week old at the time it died changed that thought.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

When does a human officially get rights?

Obama feels its ok to kill a baby after a failed abortion. Would he also kill a kid who was hit by a car and not killed?

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Dronetek]

You Really want a child to live a miserable life?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I believe in every womans right to abortion, and paid for like it is in Canada, within a certain time frame. 6 weeks sounds reasonable. Infants progress quickly, and by 6 months most live when born. They are living people. It is murder to take them in pieces out of your body. Common sense applies as to when this is a procedure and when it becomes murder. No person can force another to have a child especially in a society that does not value its children or support families. But there is certainly a point that needs to be recognized as well.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have a feeling I am going to regret posting a reply to this but I just feel like I have to. I have read quite a few comments and the one that really gets me is people who criticize people who are against abortion but are for the death penalty. Are you kidding me? This is how anyone with a logical mind would look at it: With the death penalty, you are more than likely putting to death someone who murdered, raped, and grossly mutilated some innocent person. Maybe they murdered and terrorized a whole family and now the rest of the family would like to see some retribution? Yea, its a life. And yea, we shouldn't be "playing God". But are you seriously trying to say its equivalent to murdering an innocent child? A child who hasn't even been given the chance to make any decisions themselves? I mean, taking the life of your unborn baby because you can't put up with a birth defect, or because having a baby right now would cramp your style and seriously put a halt to your career isn't "playing God"? This is the same way I feel about the people who protest for animal rights and want to save this and that specie and feel like they have to speak up for the animals because the animals can't. Well who is speaking up for the unborn child who never has a say in all this? The pro-lifers that who. Now go ahead and tear me apart, I probably won't respond. I just wanted to get that off my chest

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It is a hard thread to say anything on, emotions get out of hand. But I totally agree with you, and its often the same people who are totally opposed to abortion who are also for capital punishment. I believe in making it completely free and covered and easy to access for a window of time, like in Canada.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
"what you are failing to realize is that you CAN NOT LEGISLATE MORALS "

Morals are beyond legislation, but we do have laws that provide penalties for lack of morals such as child rape and 1st degree murder. Who are we to say when life begins(abortion) and who are we to judge when life should be taken(capital punishment).

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Since the dawn of time teenagers have been experimenting with sex...
Your response sounds like you have been hiding under a rock???
Just because there is grass on the filed does not mean there is wisdom in the mind. Unfortunatly where there is a will there is a way, especialy with horny youngsters.

Backwards conservative thinking...

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Aha, but guess what they are right as the bible also mention the spilling of the seed so actually when the God and Jesus didn't make a stink about abortion in the bible they do make an issue of sperm wasting.

Perhaps the issue should no be abortion here but the issue of sperm killing.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Yeah, that comment makes you look so . . .self righteous, it is a woman problem after all. . . right after all men don't can not have abortions right?

Guess what is my problem as a woman and stay the heck out of my uterus is none of your business.

When man takes equal responsibility for sex, pregnancy and abortion then they will have some pull in the matter.

Bringing the religious card crap is nothing but that crap, politicians know it but they just eat the crap like good politicians and mostly republicans they are.

Good for Obama not falling for the BS.

get over yourself!, I hope for the life of me that i dont end up with the mother of my child, with the same views.

You have the baby, but it take two to tango, ying and yang, one cannot exsist without the other. Each has a very important and equal decision to make.and it is a matter of life or death.

We weren't made to get pregnant than just have the corpse broken up inside, then sucked out. It is not just a blob you know. it has bones, sometimes tiny little fingers, even big peices skull, all crunched up inside the womb then vaccumed up, the poor thing doesnt know what hit it.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...://www.smalldeadanimals.com/

New insight into Obama's stand on abortion.

[edit on 083131p://bWednesday2008 by Stormdancer777]

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join