It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AVG 8.0 update heads up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Morning/Afternoon/Evening all.

Just a quickie. AVG updates are borked at the moment, upon trying to update it gives you an "Update failed, .bin file missing"

This is a known issue at AVG and a fixed update is due out as soon as they address the issue.

I only mention this as it seemed half the population of Britain emailed me overnight (Slight overstatement.. In reality, just most of my friends who run AVG.. ) with variations on the theme of "OMG! My AVG is BROKED!!11!!!oneoneone!!1!"

So, worry not. Don't try uninstalling/reinstalling AVG over and over again as one friend of mine tried. Normal service will be resumed ASAP.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
LMDAO at "Slight overstatement" and "BROKED!!11!!!oneoneone!!1!" !!!

Thanks for that update. I don't run AVG, but I have clients that do. This will let me pass the word to them to sit tight.

Misfit

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
AVG 8.0 updates update!

It's fixed.

Obviously, AVG read the forums here and thought "Well, it's finally made it to BTS. Best fix it now before it makes it to ATS and is revealed to be an Illuminati conspiracy, in conjunction with HAARP, to deliberately expose all those folk out there to virii which will stop them using their computers on the interweb. MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Move along now, nothing more to see here.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I find the new AVG 8.0 Bloatware. They killed their product by making this update mandatory as I don't need an anti-virus program that also scans for spyware. It takes up way to much memory. I've seen it as high as 100mb. And the auto update is annoying.

I switched to avast! anti-virus and recommend it to everyone here.

new topics

top topics

join