It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we know that good will win out over evil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I used to be confident that good would eventually win out over evil, even though evil seems to be running the show here on planet Earth in these dark times.

But now I'm not so sure.

Now that I have investigated how the really powerful people do business on our planet, I can see that ruthless evil dominates the halls of power. Passive resistance isn't going to get the job done when it comes to Bush, Cheney and the dudes that direct them. I'm talking about very rich, powerful humans, and their non-human masters.

Is it possible that beings that emanate from a source of love are ready to stand up to this evil? Here on Earth, the forces of good and evil are clearly present.

Evil is powerful because it is so ruthless.

How does good stand a chance? I can see evil in all its arrogant glory, but I'm waiting to see good emerge from the shadows.

The conventionally religious, with their faith, don't have an answer that works for me.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Why do you think "Good" should "win" over "Evil".

One does not exist without the other. Both serve the purpose they where created for.

Instead the question should be, can we overcome both Good and Evil to arrive at a state which is outside of both, or perhaps a beneficial balance between the two.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I wonder about this too. Bible scripture talks about saving Israel in the end, and I am having a hard time determining what "Israel" means. I hope it is a type of person, because the State of Israel is entrenched in such underhanded matters, why would God want to save some State that was, evil, for all intents and purposes.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I used to be confident that good would eventually win out over evil, even though evil seems to be running the show here on planet Earth in these dark times.

But now I'm not so sure.

If evil is running the show on earth believe me we would not be around to even talk about it. The majority in this world are GOOD and will ultimately overcome EVIL or darkness. This is my belief but it doesn't mean alot of bad things aren't going to happen from alot of bad people first.

We need to have a little faith,
Colleen,

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Generally when the Torah says Israel it means it in the sense of the children of Israel, the people, I'm pretty sure prophecy says the land is gonna get messed up and lots of people living there are going to die. Even though at the same time jews are encouraged to return to israel because the truly faithful will make it, and I guess the messiah is gonna res everyone afterwards anyway.

Don't worry too much about it you will go when its your time, not before.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

There is a balance to everything. The universe is built on a balance of harmony and chaos.

Though it seems like thing might be bad now doesnt mean that they wont ever be better. Like the balance good will win just as much as bad will lose and the other way around.

top topics

join