It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Less than stellar quality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hi all,

I'm very disappointed in the level of conversation going on here (and in every forum I've ever been to EXCEPT one..)

People flail about claiming anything AND everything. People massively contradict themselves WITHIN THEIR OWN POST. People post things which are COMPLETELY illogical. People 'debunk' other peoples rational post with complete NONSENSE. This is so bad I can't even make examples as my mind can't bend in such ways.

For gods sakes, go read a book. Go read on logic. Go read on fallacies. Go read on ANYTHING.

This place (and most forums) looks like a freaking mental landfill. What could be the MOST AMAZING forum in the world has been transformed into an idiots love fest.

For years I've tried to take the high road - point out logical errors, use psychology to try and smooth things over, etc. In short, I've been using kid gloves on stupid people. How I do get tired of this. People like me with a brain in their head are forced to act civil with people who claim an alien came out of their radio and is stealing their Cheerios when they try to eat.

What's worse is when these idiots make these threads they simply don't die AS THEY SHOULD. No. Other idiots come in and play 1,000 questions with the idiot who started the thread. This then turns into a massively popular thread where all the idiots get together and speak idiot to each other.

I've never had a desire to make my own forum but I might be forced to AS IT HAS BECOME IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE RATIONAL CONVERSATION.

This wouldn't be a problem if there were some balance. Like, 50% idiots 50% non idiots. But it's more like 85% idiots 15% non idiots and this is FAR too much.

I just though of an example of what idiots do. Claim things to be true/false when a 10second Google result proves them wrong. Anyone who can be proven wrong within 10 seconds of surfing Google is an absolute idiot. Now we all make mistakes, that's fine - no problem. But idiots claim very extraordinary things THEN claim what they have just said is DEFINITELY 100000000% true no matter what.

What will this post do? Not much, perhaps it will get deleted, or edited or perhaps I'll be banned, etc. But the one thing it might do is let other people with brains know that YES, THERE ARE OTHERS LIKE YOU OUT THERE AND YES I TOO AM SICK OF PLAYING WITH THE CHILDREN.

Flame on.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by LoveKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Well then, excuse our mental landfill.
Sorry for not being the STELLAR quality you seek.
Follow your own advice..GO READ A BOOK!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you don't like it here..why are you here?

If you don't like the content of some of the threads, don't read them.
If you want a better quality discussion..CREATE ONE.
That's what USER GENERATED CONTENT means.
So you are sick of playing with children? Then what are you throwing a tantrum about?
By all means..don't let the door hit you...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveKnowledge

What will this post do? Not much, perhaps it will get deleted, or edited or perhaps I'll be banned, etc. But the one thing it might do is let other people with brains know that YES, THERE ARE OTHERS LIKE YOU OUT THERE AND YES I TOO AM SICK OF PLAYING WITH THE CHILDREN.

No this post sadly won't get deleted, or edited for that matter, except for the editing you have done yourself.

You won't be banned for this post, why? While it is whiney, it does not break any rule here.

Stop playing with children then and contribute something of importance. Join the debates. You want intelegence? The debate forums here have the absolute best participation on this site.

Otherwise having been here only three days, I would suggest that you try and contribute quality material to ATS and stop bemoaning the plethora of bad and less than stellar quality information presented.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveKnowledge
Hi all,

I'm very disappointed in the level of conversation going on here (and in every forum I've ever been to EXCEPT one..)

maybe you should go back to this forum then.

just a suggestion.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
nice picture...yes I am sure some peopel can be irritating. Leave that thread immediately and start a new one. Not everyone can live up to everyone else's standard so just relax, jump in the threads that you want to see and enjoy the ride.

Besides there are alot of good posters in here

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Well then, excuse our mental landfill.
Sorry for not being the STELLAR quality you seek.
Follow your own advice..GO READ A BOOK!

I'm currently reading about three, thanks for playing.

Originally posted by whatukno
Stop playing with children then and contribute something of importance. Join the debates. You want intelegence? The debate forums here have the absolute best participation on this site.

I did two rounds of debates last year - what about you?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Seriously though...if it is that bad leave and start your own forum. Trust me it isn't easy. I've done it.

I mean it too. I am not trying to be rude or anything of the sort but if it harms you that much then go. Nothing at all is keeping you here. If a place or situation makes you unhappy then why stay because no offense but posting as you did in the original post is pretty sad and while you may be a genius it shows me that were to take your whole life off of this post, you have no self-control or personal responsibility. Now granted I don't do that but I imagine some will because this is the only front people will see. If it's that bad and you WANT to stay then open up more and more good topics and I bet you the good debaters will come out. The children may be in full swing but remember this is a public voluntary area and at any time you can simply walk away from that thread. If a thread looks stupid from the title, don't enter.

I have quite the brain. I have studied alot in my time and yes I do actually agree there are some ridiculous things here but it is ever so easy to simply ignore them.

Food for thought

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveKnowledge

thanks for playing.

I don't play with anyone.
Nice of you to ignore the rest of my post.
Like attention much?
It seems to be all you want from your thread. The thing is, there are already various threads on the same subject. By you starting yet another one, you are just as bad as the threads you put down.
Also, might wanna look up WhatUKno before you attack his debate status.
He'd kick your ass sideways.
Nice talking too ya..
Bye bye..

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoveKnowledge
I did two rounds of debates last year - what about you?

So far this year I have participated in 5 debates and one tourney, I am prepairing to start the second tourney of this year.

Let's see, you have been here a grand total of 4 days now, and already are complaining of the quality. Hmm, I just wonder if this is the right user generated content ecosystem for you.

[edit on 8/18/2008 by whatukno]

new topics

top topics

join