It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA footage of 1991 space shuttle flight maybe a ufo spotted.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steve B
reply to post by Ocean Machine

I have not looked in detail into STS-48 myself but apparently others have been unable to simulate a physical situaition that explains the motions of all the particles. The man was a doctor and I can't remeber his name it was on a documentary.

Talking about the STS-80 film If these are ice particles close to the lens does it not strike you odd that one of them dissappears under clouds (red)? I posted the video link before.

I don't make assumptions about these videos I try and understand them by watching them.

no, nothign about any of these videos strikes me as weird at all......as they are easily explainable

if there is a "doctor" that has proven there is an ANOMALY (which from what you've explained is ALL he's proven if that is indeed the case), then i'd like to see that information

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion437
reply to post by mikesingh

extraordinary image mike.

Is there any explanation of this, to this date?

Nope!
There's been NO explanation thus far!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Nope!
There's been NO explanation thus far!

The one light in question must have something to do with the fact that the camera focus's on something. At 1:20 or so it begins to focus then the light appears to accelerate...At 1:28 it stops focusing then the object slows down. At 1:37 the focus is then pulled out, then object appears to accelerate from the right, at 1:43 it stops focusing the objects slows down...then moves left. Which means that the camera focusing in and out cause this acceleration and can only mean that the lense had some something to do with they way this light moves...meaning it probably had something to with a ice particle or some other particle near, around or even in the lense. Watch it for yourselves. the camera focusing in and out caused the movement

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I am not givin credit to a theory or to another one: there's not a favourite theory for me regarding this case: even after Credulity Kills discussed the dynamic of the movement of ice particles, i was NOT completely convinced, but i've found his explanation extremely interesting and good for a long series of incidents involving ice particles: my point is that everyone should read carefully before calling a long and complex analysis "a complete pile of nonsense": it's a matter of respect for the people who took the time to perform the analysis in question.
And the guy did it NOT before posting, but i ADMIT that i've chosen the wrong words, so i apologize with everyone who found my words to be offending and in particular with fatdeeman.
Sometimes it happens, i am not a machine, and i was not defending a point: i just would like that everyone comments what he/she actually saw/read, but perhaps i ask too much: sorry, anyway

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ocean Machine

Look at the STS-80 vid I posted, the one I linked too has stuff on it that makes it a bit harder to see but its all over youtube if you type in sts-80. An object enters from the bottom of the screen and soon after is obscured in clouds. I suggest you download the film and zoom it in if you want a really good view of it going under clouds.

They are all easily explainable eh? Well seeing as you and others i have replied to don't seem to want to elaborate on that I'll have to take your word for it, and have my own skeptical discussion, with myself.

Maybe that ice particle just dissappeared and reappeared?

No thats silly stuff dosen't just dissappear its just in shadow.

Thats it! It just went into shadow at the exact same time a cloud went UNDER it.

Oh, but a shadow from what.

The shuttle of course! (not much else up there)

Oh well that makes sense its a shame none of the others are put into shadow at the same time or just after but oh well, one of these selective shadows.

WOW That was an EASY explaination...

Can we try a good one now...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

*sigh*

There's no way of knowing how far away the objects are, hence there is no way of knowing how large they are, hence there is no way of knowing how fast they are moving. All the reading in the world isn't going to change that.

Also the drawing of trajectories doesn't help because it is in 2 dimensions and does not account for movement towards and away from the camera.

You cannot tell the size, distance or speed of the objects and you cannot tell how they move in 3 dimensions

That's a lot of guesswork, now maybe instead of flying off the handle you could "take the time" to explain to me how exactly it's possible to calculate speeds and rates of acceleration with such accuracy that it justifies such an outburst.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by fatdeeman]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdeeman

Paradoxically enough, i always make the point that you are making: i am the first who says that a 3d scene cannot be represented as it would deserve on a 2d plan

The analysis were based on some empyrical data, i'd say that they were interesting BUT i recognise to them the value of a guess. These incidents are extremely important, they were aired worldwide so before taking a possible explanation as the real thing we would need some assessment, we owe it to ourselves. Credulity Kills covered many points about the dynamics of the acceleration, he also covered the reason of the change of path of the objects, but all in all i don't think that the incident is fully explained: anyway, you are right: nothing of a 3d environment can be explained if studied on a 2d one, this is a RULE of physics, no matter how accurate is the reconstruction.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

Wow! When you see one object moving from left to right at terrific speed you think, could be anything, but I counted six objects... Undeniable evidence that something, not necessarily alien piloted UFOs, are flying around the eath. It would be interesting to know what country or region the shuttle is flying over to see if anyone on the ground saw anything odd.

A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on it's shoes... "Mark Twain."

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I doubt saucers, TFMs (Tesla Flying Machines) or the UFO,
can fire any thing except some excited nearby molecules or
spray out chemicals.
The talk of weaponry I'll take as hearsay.

If all saucers are kept under an international agreement
it is a sure bet they can't harm one another.
Or else Von Braun might have been in charge of a UFO fleet
that conquered the world by the 60s.

Every time a video goes up on youtube with a fleet of
UFOs, hundreds of different people say balloons, birds,
Mylar balloons from a car dealership opening and lots of
insults.

Now the fleet excuse is Blue beam holograms.
We are under attack by UFOs from a hologram.

Put it under birds and and balloons for UFO excuses.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by computerwiz32

What do you guys think of this?? Do you think this could be some proof of somthing big that might happen soon???

[edit on 17-8-2008 by computerwiz32]

yes, its proof that there is ice debris, paint chips an other flotsam trailing from the orbiter.

its an alien in every shadow with some people... makes the serious study of ufo phenomenon all the more difficult.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
I love it when the debunkers post the explanations given by NASA...
Obviously they aren't going to say that what we see is a UFO, or something even more esoteric, thats the point of it all, to deny the outer presence...

like i stated earlier...

if the chunks of debris suddenly changed course and exhibited behaviour of being controlled by an intelligence, then we'd have a ball game.

if the the debris moved closer to the orbiter, where geometry and surface details could be observed (little green man waving from the porthole?) (obama bumper sticker?) and if it didnt look like something a spotty faced kid put together on the family computer...

play ball!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
There is no doubt the thether video proves something is going on in earth orbit . the beings are not of this world or maybe they are from the future or maybe a seventh or eight dimension but NASA (never a straight answer!) have really screwed up big this time, they didn't think we would be smart enough to find out the truth hidden in these very motion films. but WE are smart , WE know the truth and WE believe. These objects are not ice particles or whatever else the debunker/nwo/disinfo naysayers want us to close our MINDS and believe , we KNOW.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Not sure I buy that.. but I will concede it is possible however.. near the end of the video right before it cuts out.. two new objects just appear out of nothingness. They just materialized. They did not come from anywhere.

Watch again this happens just moments before the clip ends.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It seems to me that many people are forgetting the very broad definition of the acronym UFO. UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object. What we are seeing in the videos posted are objects seemingly flying through space and we do not know what they are, therefore, they are Unidentified Flying Objects AKA UFOs. A UFO does not have to be an alien spaceship or anything like that, it is something that is flying and if the OP or whoever does not know what it is, then it is a UFO. It just seems that lately people are forgetting what UFOs actually are. They see the word UFO and automatically think "aliens" , "spaceships", etc. when it is something that we do not know what it is therefore like i said before a UFO.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
To all people who say these objects are all ice particles close to the camera can anyone tell me why this one goes under a cloud??
This is a zoom of one of the STS-80 objects
www.youtube.com...
Unfortunately the footage ends just before another cloud is going past. I think this was an unsheduled camera change.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I doubt it's within the atmosphere, just look at the speed and compare the size of the object with the underlying islands and curvature of the planet.

Satellite maybe?
Government Scramjet?

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Steve B

It goes through the "cloud" if that's what it is, not over it and with the colour change from "dark rock" to "fiery ball" you could also say it's entering the atmosphere although at that resolution it's hard to tell what anything is.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Why has no one replied to me on what they say at 1:28? I swear either I am loosing my mind or a streak shoots up at the 'UFO' that suddenly dashes away (just after the flash of light)!

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Am I missing something? All I see are camera changes, zooming in and out, that make it looks as though something is moving.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join