It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA footage of 1991 space shuttle flight maybe a ufo spotted.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I love it when the debunkers post the explanations given by NASA...
Obviously they aren't going to say that what we see is a UFO, or something even more esoteric, thats the point of it all, to deny the outer presence...

The truth is that we as civilians don't have much to work with, but as Internos has proven, some can make real in depth research with the limited resources we are given.

I believe that we aren't just looking at ice and "weird stuff" coming out of the shuttle, to me it seems the particles and anomalies are in the upper atmosphere of the planet.

to the disbelievers, no proof will suffice anyway...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocean Machine

Originally posted by Steve B
reply to post by Ocean Machine

I don't think I am indoctrined in any way, and I don't think many people on this thread would say that they have a doctrine of disbelief. Please if you think that this is an ice particle that is not truely reversing direction explain how, dont just assume we wont listen.

look....we have things that are proven to exist in and around spacecraft of ours....ICE PARTICLES

we have THRUSTERS on our spacecraft that are proven to exist.

why would it seem more logical to you that these are SPACE CRAFT which HAVENT been proven to exist, when we have a perfectly logical explanation in the former.

in looking at ALL of these STS mission videos (especially the one i addressed in the last post)....they all contain things that to ANYONE should be easily discernible as ice particles....

if these things were changing direction more than once in different directions, it MIGHT be more beleiveable as spacecraft

when you have objects already suspending moving in one direction...and then being accelorated in another direction......it's not a leap of faith to understand that it's quite probable that an outside factor is affecting those objects to be THRUSTED in a SECOND direction (CRAFT THRUSTERS ON SHUTTLE)

if those same objects were to say......change in 3 or 4 different directions, that would be harder to explain, since there would have to be more than one thruster placed facing different directions, possibly surrounding the object in question......now THAT is something a logical-minded person would have trouble with....not this stuff

abandon.....your......assumptions.

I understand what you are saying, but the thing about this video is the more you look at it the weirder it gets. There wasn't just a flash, something shot up fromt he planet at the 'ice crystal' just before it dashed away. If you pause it at exactly 1:23 you can see the streak.

As one of the video you tube posters pointed out too.

The depth of field on the onboard camera PROVES the object was in the infinity range of the camera lens, as PROVED when the camera re-focuses on the bay doors. Thus, the object was not in close proximity to the shuttle for any thruster firing to take effect!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
I love it when the debunkers post the explanations given by NASA...
Obviously they aren't going to say that what we see is a UFO, or something even more esoteric, thats the point of it all, to deny the outer presence...

The truth is that we as civilians don't have much to work with, but as Internos has proven, some can make real in depth research with the limited resources we are given.

I believe that we aren't just looking at ice and "weird stuff" coming out of the shuttle, to me it seems the particles and anomalies are in the upper atmosphere of the planet.

to the disbelievers, no proof will suffice anyway...

well obviously you've just provided us such rock-solid proof that you'd have to be a CRAZY debunker not to believe you!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

well, for what it's worth....im not an imaging expert.....very few here probably are....

so issues like that boil down to credibility.....and the credibility to those who are addressing that extremely technical issue is zilch.

for me, being an average joe...i'm just using an arsenal of common sense.

to me, it looks as if that particle was probably random or some kind comet perhaps? it doesnt seem that given the timing and the velocity that it could have come from the thruster unless the scope of what we're looking at is very small compared to the size of the shuttle

so, either way......there are anomalies pertainnig to that particular object.....so you have to stretch your senses

but i find it MUCH easier to stretch my senses to the notion that it might either be a random object or the scope of the lens issue than i do with stretching my imagination to believe there are 15 SPACECRAFT in the upper atmosphere all reacting in the same manner to the same flash of light instantaneously..

i mean, honestly....just read that out loud and realize how silly of a notion that is......keep your head in the clouds if you must, but keep your feet on the ground.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

I HOPE TO GOD OUR GOVERMENT NEVER MAKES THE MISTAKE OF SHOOTING DOWN ONE OF THEIRS,FOR THAT WILL BE THE END OF ALL OF US.WE ARE JUST A VIRUS TO THEM AND THEY ARE NOT GOING TO LET IT SPREAD THROUGH THE UNIVERSE.I FOR ONE DONT BLAME THEM. ALL WE HAVE TO LEARN IS HOW TO LOVE ITS SO SIMPLE THE GUIDING FORCE OF THE UNIVERSE, BUT ONE WE WILL NEVER LEARN THOUGH WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY. ITS SO SIMPLE.WE WILL NEVER FIT INTO THE UNIVERSAL FAMILY UNTILL WE LEARN THAT ONE LESSON.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
sry wrong post

[edit on 17-8-2008 by angrydog]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

What I'm saying is this:

We as civilians don't have access to the original HQ videos

The official explanations don't work for everyone

Its not uncommon for official sources to lie or simply omit parts of the information they get

Some civilians have the inquisitive power to conduct fairly decent research with the limited resources they can get a hold of

The official sources don't know for certain what the anomalies are in the STS videos, they can only guess, so can we

There is nothing certain in human experience

having a closed mind works both ways, the believers wont accept the possibility of a mundane explanation, the debunkers wont accept the possibility of a extraordinary explanation.
I believe we need to have an open mind, and be on the look out for possible signs of a different level to the reality we have been accustomed to cope with.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Does no one else see the streak that shoots up right after the flash of light?
It shoots right at the UFO that dashes away, pause it right at 1:23.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There is nothing in these videos that can't be explained by the explanation NASA has provided:

Debris and particles being acted upon by the Orbiter's OMS and RCS

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Why is he being ignorant? Because he doesn't believe in the absolutely ridiculous "UFO" explanation?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
i believe the thing in the video is called a rod and some people claim that they are inter dimensional beings that might be partially invisible in our 3 dimensional world but usually they are things to close to the camera such as dust or insects. I'm not endorsing the skeptics though when i say there could be more information about the video, such as was it filmed from space or at a launch, from inside a space craft or outside. so for all we know its some crumbs from an astronauts lunch that got to close to the camera

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I have not looked in detail into STS-48 myself but apparently others have been unable to simulate a physical situaition that explains the motions of all the particles. The man was a doctor and I can't remeber his name it was on a documentary.

Talking about the STS-80 film If these are ice particles close to the lens does it not strike you odd that one of them dissappears under clouds (red)? I posted the video link before.

I don't make assumptions about these videos I try and understand them by watching them.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The objects moving in a steady line are no doubt satellites orbiting at a lower alltitude than the camera, you gotta remember they do move several thousand miles an hour.
As for the streak, dust and pebbles, or meteors, whatever you wanna call them, must have been took during a shower, shame the video ended when it did, it looked like a small bombardment was about to take place from top left.

Still an interesting vid though.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Listen.

You have already proven yourself as an IGNORANT, yes IGNORANT, mate. It's not a bad word: its the truth. Accept your status: you are an ignorant, i am NOT, many of us are NOT: YOU ARE. I hate people like you, people who comes here and starts teaching, as you did: yes yes yes, believe that we were waiting for you , for the the new messiah, that you are the the best and we are a bunch of people whatsoever. Go, go to GLP: they are waiting for you.

[edit on 17/8/2008 by internos]

You are being unwise and insulting.

Internos, you seem a little sensitive. Hope my remarks don’t make you look like an over emotional oversensitive person. When there is something we don’t understand, seems you give credit to the aliens.

As I said, read he article written by Jim Oberg here:

www.100megsfree4.com...

"If you look at enough video, you see this as a standard out-of-focus effect,'' he said. "This particular camera system isn't designed for low light levels and it's being pushed beyond its specifications in order to zoom in on the tether. Under these conditions, the tether itself looks bizarre, because it's only as thick as a phone cord, maybe an eighth of an inch. But because the image intensifier is turned all the way up, what we see is a phantom thickness that's not real.

The forces that are propelling these ice particles are most likely to be associated with the NASA spacecraft concerned; they will be subject to electrostatic forces and the minute gravity of Shuttle itself , and are likely to continue in random orbits around the ship for hours or days. The electrostatic forces produced by the deployment of the tether will have stirred the ice flotilla into chaotic movement.

These are the scientific explanations. And from what I see coming out from believers of faith they have nothing else other than "that's a UFO", "Those are Alien spacecraft", " Those are space critters" with NO SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION TO BACK THEM UP. Just pure assumptions.

Believer : "Well I say they are alien ships because I said so!
"

Well I guess for the believers of faith fairies are real.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AntisepticSkeptic

Im sorry sir, in this case you are way off. Perhaps Internos words were harsh and uncalled for but the fact remains you are wrong.

at about 1:40 to 1:50 an object appears from the right side then goes left again

Debris does not make course changes sir.

Good day.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The one light in question must have something to do with the fact that the camera focus's on something. At 1:20 or so it begins to focus then the light appears to accelerate...At 1:28 it stops focusing then the object slows down. At 1:37 the focus is then pulled out, then object appears to accelerate from the right, at 1:43 it stops focusing the objects slows down...then moves left. Which means that the camera focusing in and out cause this acceleration and can only mean that the lense had some something to do with they way this light moves...meaning it probably had something to with a ice particle or some other particle near, around or even in the lense. Watch it for yourselves. the camera focusing in and out caused the movement.
Sorry but no alien craft

[edit on 17-8-2008 by riggs2099]

[edit on 17-8-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Its the same object that is travelling right when the camera does the strange zoom in, icy look thing, its just zooming back out and gives the impression that it is travelling left then right

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

lol.....okay, psycho.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join