It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criticizers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
this goes out to any and everybody who's this type of person.

ok, we all criticize ppl from time to time. however, when i do it, i'm just telling them how their faults, thoughts, or actions are making them look stupid, (which is basically what critiscism is) just for the sake of telling them. what i'm ranting about are the types of criticizers who really believe that their opinions will MAGICALLY make you transform overnight. see what i'm saying? these types of ppl hold the false belief that just because they tell you about yourself, that you'll autmatically want to do things different.

for example, if someone were to say to me, "eric i don't like you cause all you do is brag about how nice looking you are or do you REALLY feel the need to stare in the mirror that often?" then i'll think to myself "well..that's ur opinion and i can't change it. and if you don't like me because of it, then that's fine" what i wouldn't do is fall into their trap, which is them wanting me to feel like a disgusting piece of
for doing that kind of thing. there's a difference in criticizing ppl to help them out, and critizing ppl with the intent of just making them feel like

now, don't get me wrong, there's been times where i've thought..."hmm maybe this person's right. maybe i do need to fix this and that" but then that's when i realized that if ppl are to stupid enough to realize that deep down, i don't really care that a quality of mine they deem negative turns them off (esp the above mentioned) , and that i present that quality to them up front, then they can go the
on.

some ppl need to realize that you just can't change ppl, now matter how annoying, disgusting, or absurd their behavior or qualities may be. some ppl also need to realize that certian qualities and behaviors are acquired through survival mode (which is another topic altogether).

and for the record when and if i crticize somebody, i don't excpect them to take it to heart and change. cause if what their doing is irking me that bad, then i just won't deal with them. and the only time i really rip into somebody with the intent of making them feel like
is when they've been irking me for a loooooong time, if they do the EXACT same thing they're critcizing me for, or if they're aware of the fact that i tell them about a quality that i know lots of ppl don't like about me and they'll say some
like "oh it's ok with me..i don't mind it" then outta the blue they just up and dog you for that particular quality.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Eric, I like you just the way you are.
But...
I would give ANYTHING to be there with a video camera the first time you look in the mirror and notice a gray hair.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
But...
I would give ANYTHING to be there with a video camera the first time you look in the mirror and notice a gray hair.

with or without gray hair, i'll still be handsome.
and i'll still be bragging about it.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by LordInfamous]

join