It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Georgia War: Putin Walks Into Quagmire Trap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
www.marketoracle.co.uk...

The American-armed and trained Georgian army swarmed into South Ossetia last Thursday, killing an estimated 2,000 civilians, sending 40,000 South Ossetians fleeing over the Russian border, and destroying much of the capital, Tskhinvali. The attack was unprovoked and took place a full 24 hours before even ONE Russian soldier set foot in South Osseti

did they? well how would we ever know, because who ever feed's the story to the MSM is probably the white house version, right.

Russian president Medvedev and Prime Minister Putin have expressed a willingness to settle the dispute through normal diplomatic channels at the United Nations. Neither leader is under any illusions about Washington's involvement in the hostilities. They know that Georgian President Mikail Saakashvili is an American stooge who came to power in a CIA-backed coup, the so-called "Rose Revolution", and would never order a major military operation without explicit instructions from his White House puppetmasters.

interesting perspective, i don't know what to believe, but i will not give the pentagon the benefit of any doubt, and i will not be lulled back into "fake patriotism" by Wanting to believe them, and letting this want, make up my mind.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
But what is the quagmire trap? that part i fail to understand? Russia is free to (and they said they would) get their troops out of there? What am i missing?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
But what is the quagmire trap? that part i fail to understand? Russia is free to (and they said they would) get their troops out of there? What am i missing?

perhaps the backlash that may be forthcoming, also perhaps the "infighting is not done" but good question

new topics

join