It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Secret Agencies Monitoring ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I recently have been think about this subject. What if Secret Organizations have been monitoring this and other sites and posing as civilian people trying to throw people off of what they believe?

I mean they could come up with the most outragous and obscene replies on mos topics and forums to throw anyone off. They would make them so insane that it would almost be impossible to see as wrong!

Tell me what you think

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
In this day and age, don't you think that someone, somewhere moniters all conspirisy sites and puts there members on some list??

I sure do.

With all of domestic spying going on, I think that it's very nieve to think that the powers that be are not watching.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

If you are interested, here's an existing thread on methodology: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And the answer to your question is yes, but they do it in black pajamas.

[edit on 8/16/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

Well of course thats why i posted the topic. I wanted to know what other people think. The govt. goes way out of the way to put down the truth

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Given the people who argue past reason here, I am absolutely certain there are people whose job it is to tow the line for the Powers that Be.

No question whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

And they also have little black helicopters sitting around the computer....

Of course they are monitoring ATS. Some of the best and most truthful explanations and conspiracies come from here...What better way do they have to spend taxpayers money?? LOL...

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpeele
I recently have been think about this subject. What if Secret Organizations have been monitoring this and other sites and posing as civilian people trying to throw people off of what they believe?

I mean they could come up with the most outragous and obscene replies on mos topics and forums to throw anyone off. They would make them so insane that it would almost be impossible to see as wrong!

Tell me what you think

I would be absolutely shocked if they weren't monitoring this site and many others. Whats weird to me is how a couple (I think it was on ATS) was shocked, after they did years of investigations into conspiracy theories, to see people in a van outside monitoring them, and then they waved and sped off when they were seen. I mean what do you expect?

I think most people know there are a lot of big government conspiracies, but its a lot of speculation about which ones are correct. So yeah of course we will be monitored and cataloged in a database for daring to inquire where the corruption lies. And, if we get to far and know too much, it is a personal risk to our livelyhood. That said, I have a lot of family who wouldn't let me go homeless or starving.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Beautiful and sexy post G>E! I loved it.

And yes OP they are on the worlds best damn conspiracy site on the net, they want to get to the truth too you know...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If you believe that Governments have secrets, then sites like this are a big threat. Imagine you were director of the CIA/NSA, and one of your top secrets appeared on this site as a "story". Wouldn't you want to know about it?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Yep they sure are monitoring ATS along with all the other conspiracie sites,if I remember rightly they were monitoring bruce ivins (anthrax suspect)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
100% sure.

With threats about Obama.. # like that, starts up in places like this.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well of course. But don't you think they would do more than monitor it? Don't you think that they would have an account to pose as some unusual nut ( like almost everyone up here!! jkin ) and try to protect any speculation towards any truth to the conspiracy? Like he/she would just start posting random and bogus replies to throw people off the truth! A majority of the subjects up here are fake. We are not talking about the NSA or CIA here, we are talking much, much bigger than those infantile agencies. The government has much bigger and more badass agencies that nobody knows about! With people that no one has ever heard of.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Some estimate that 1 in 10 citizens is an informant for one agency or another. So it stands to reason that, even if they aren't specifically assigned here, there are some that are at the very least on a payroll somewhere.

In my opinion, yes, there are absolutely monitors and agents on here. Go into any semi long thread, and you can probably see their work.

Course, they;ll all be on here calling anyone who thinks they are agents trolls or liers or crazy.

[edit on 8/17/2008 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Exactly! What they will do is make an account, find a post that is true and completly disagree with it! They will make up some extremely irrational explanation for it that it seems true!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
So everyone believes this to be true... Has anyone ever gotten a knock on the door, or otherwise been visited by any agents? or other quasi-govt officials?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
So everyone believes this to be true... Has anyone ever gotten a knock on the door, or otherwise been visited by any agents? or other quasi-govt officials?

What does this have to do with anything?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Exactly what I have been talking about! You have presented me with a fine example, kudos! Now if you were a secret agent of some kind then you will start with something small and argue your way untill you have pursaded almost everyon on the post. As far as I know, no there has not been anything like that happen

P.S. I dont think that you are a secret agent of some kind

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

Because parenoid behavior isnt proof of anything. Any anyone specifically you can point to and say... yeah that's the government.

Futhermore someone said something about bigger agencies than NSA or CIA.
Are you referring to the FBI.. or some sort of secret branch of the government that we dont know about?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
We are being monitored by the government...no questions ask. It will be interesting if somebody from ATS will get a knock on the door thought.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join