It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the benefits to having a myspace account?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I stopped using myspace a long time ago because I figured it would take too much time out of my life. What should I know about it? What makes it good? What makes it bad?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Myspace is so 2006... I guess the kids are using Facebook now.

Seriously, I still use myspace but I am on there only minutes a day. I check my messages, read choice bulletins from people I admire, and mabey leave a comment to some friends.

I like it because I have had old friends who have found me from highschool. It is also very easy to use, I find facebook confusing.

Although, It is owned by Fox...so i guess it could be considered evil.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by fishneedh2o]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Because you will be ultimately cool like me!You can drop the dopest lines on random females pages like "bb u r so sexc wb".

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fishneedh2o

Yes, but isn't Facebook more or less a CIA front? I'm wondering which is the lesser of the evils.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
There are both pretty sick in my opinion...

Who in thier right mind would list everything about them for everyone too see...

IMHO, the only people at use Myspace/Faceok are perverts and morons...

Years back, a girl freind of mine 'forced' me to get a myspace...
A good thing that came of it, people that i knew years ago, in places thousands of miles away contacted me...

But, i consider the place more of a breeding ground for perverts...

Pervert would ask anybody for sex...
Somewhere between having 'fake' girls sending me random friend request, and getting hook-up requests from gay dudes... I decided that Myspace was not worth the trouble...

And i havent been back in years...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
There are both pretty sick in my opinion...

Who in thier right mind would list everything about them for everyone too see...

IMHO, the only people at use Myspace/Faceok are perverts and morons...

Years back, a girl freind of mine 'forced' me to get a myspace...
A good thing that came of it, people that i knew years ago, in places thousands of miles away contacted me...

But, i consider the place more of a breeding ground for perverts...

Pervert would ask anybody for sex...
Somewhere between having 'fake' girls sending me random friend request, and getting hook-up requests from gay dudes... I decided that Myspace was not worth the trouble...

And i havent been back in years...

^^^^the truth. the same could be said for blackplanet. sites like these are just garbage.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Myspace is actually really cool for local musicians to promote their music. It's also a great way for local music fans to check out new bands before they go out to the clubs to see them, much easier than trying to find bands in the paper or by using google.

Also I find that it's an easy way for me to keep updated with some of my long distance friends and family and friends and family I don't get to see a lot.

You can make your profile private so that the perverts can't see ya.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I think AboveTopSecret is just as scary as myspace, maybe even more so in fact. What other website in this world harbours paranoid schizophrenics as it's staff and members?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian

You can make your profile private so that the perverts can't see ya.

yes... since i did this a few years ago. I don't get bothered by creepy guys anymore.

& I have also found a plethora of decent unsigned bands.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Being able to view your ex's single/in a relationship status.
I don't go on anymore, but its nifty to find old friends I suppose. I usually don't fall out of contact with people I don't want to fall out of contact with however.

I think most people use it as an ego boost? ie- look at all my pictures, my glittery myspace layout, and leave me comments saying how hot I am.

People are always looking for ways to unproductively kill time right?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm at the library a lot and notice that all the teenager kids are on myspace but none of the adults are. By this my conclusion is that myspace is dominated primarily by kids.

Well, maybe a few pedophiles here and there!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The only good that came out of it for me was meeting people I haven't seen in years. The bands are nice too. Otherwise it's a ground for pervs AND people who think quantity makes them cool.

"Oh you have 1002 friends? I have 1004 so I am better"

My question is...how many of those people do you actually know?

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I stopped using myspace a long time ago because I figured it would take too much time out of my life. What should I know about it? What makes it good? What makes it bad?

well i guess the cons would be you get to look at pictures like this all day

the pros i cant think of any. but if i see any more dateing advertisements I am gonna hurl. its weird i cannot believe that whomever maintains the site actually agrees to put those graphics up there.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

I was going to ask you what you meant by quantity, but then you answered the question.

Yeah you get that in a lot of forums where people are trying to create a high post count. Like you got to be a real loser to have your self esteem built up by a number on a forum or place like myspace.

What really gets me about these places is, so many people are desperate to impress people they don't even know and never will.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

top topics

join