It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would The Government Do A Cliche?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I have been thinking about it lately. If something so drastically catastrophic happened would the government cover it up in the way of saying that it was nothing? What if aliens crash landed? Would they say wheather ballon? Airplane? What would happen?

Please give answers

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well I for one think that in today's 24/7 news cycle, that would been a very hard thing to pull off.
Unless this event happened in a very remote area, I doubt they could fake it or pass it off as something that it wasn't.
Also, i think that way too many people in the news arena would love for something like this to happen. I'll bet that reporters watch scanners for this very thing. it would make a career, a Pulitzer even, for proof.

Don't get me wrong, if they could cover a huge event like that up, sure they would.
I just doubt that they can.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

Haven't they already been doing this supposedly? Roswell?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

Well of course they could. If they want to hide it they will do anything to do it. If they were desperate enough they would just delete anyone that got in their way to cover it up. Those people would never have existed, never born and no one would ask questions.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Then it wasnt a cliche. That was supposedly the first which makes it the orginal.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The way they're doing it is by Hollywood desensitizing people to these sort of events. For instance, if you say that aliens are invading the planet Earth, people will laugh and say it's just a Will Smith movie. Or if you talk about a secret organization dedicated to covering up the existence of extraterrestrials, people laugh and say...it's just a Will Smith movie. If you claim the government is watching your every move through an intricate network of high-tech spy technologies, people will generally laugh and say it's just a Will Smith movie.

So when it happens, and no major media outlet in America reports it (because they all have corporate interests), when people hear about it second handedly from their "crazy" friend who also responsibly follows global news sources, they're just going to laugh and say "let's get Will Smith on it." Then they'll watch Fresh Prince on Nick at Nite.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpeele
reply to post by wolf241e

Well of course they could. If they want to hide it they will do anything to do it. If they were desperate enough they would just delete anyone that got in their way to cover it up. Those people would never have existed, never born and no one would ask questions.

No doubt that the gloves would come off if they decided that covering the event up was a viable option.
Make you dissappear, a strange car accident, label you as a nut job or a terriost.
Destroy and deny.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolf241e

No doubt that the gloves would come off if they decided that covering the event up was a viable option.
Make you dissappear, a strange car accident, label you as a nut job or a terriost.
Destroy and deny.

Agree, just look at what happened to a lot of people that was
either a witness or involved with JFK in some way.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Just ask Dr David Kelly about how far Governments will go to cover up some thing...

Oh whoops you can't...... he's dead.

Thats what happens when you don't play ball with government cover ups.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well I am just wondering how they would go about covering this stuff up. Would they go with the " weather balloon, swamp gas, russians!" or would they come up with something new? It seems a little stupid to keep doing the same stuff over and over again.

new topics

top topics

join