It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushs family owns oil businesses??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I was just looking up scum on good ol wikipedia, and after reading a lil about condosleeza rice, i started reading through lord of the fetal alcohol syndromers or 'bush' as he is fondly known and read that after he graduated Yale he worked for his families oil businesses? hmmmmmmm so his family has ties to the oil companies? so if the price is goin up they are gonna benefit by getting more money? is that right or am i off course?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Bush attended the all-boys school Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts, where he played baseball and during his senior year was the head cheerleader quoted from wiki, haha nothing against it but im sure all the macho texans wouldnt like to hear that, probably has a soft limp handshake too

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skinon
I was just looking up scum on good ol wikipedia, and after reading a lil about condosleeza rice, i started reading through lord of the fetal alcohol syndromers or 'bush' as he is fondly known and read that after he graduated Yale he worked for his families oil businesses? hmmmmmmm so his family has ties to the oil companies? so if the price is goin up they are gonna benefit by getting more money? is that right or am i off course?

Oil man... that would be correct.

Read about the CALIFORNIA ENERGY CRISIS...

Anyhow I think Bush has had his hands in ALL the Energy things in his presidency.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for friends and the billionaires

has been made and with Mccain on the way nothing will change.

Goodluck

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skinon

Nevermind.

Sorry

[edit on 16-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

At least the awakening is happening. This is a good thing.

[edit on 8/16/2008 by UFOTECH]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Yea i know its sorta old stuff.. interesting nonetheless... especially this lil bit of information,

In 1978, Bush ran for the House of Representatives from Texas's 19th congressional district. His opponent, Kent Hance, portrayed him as being out of touch with rural Texans; Bush lost the election by 6,000 votes. He returned to the oil industry, and began a series of small, independent oil exploration companies. He created Arbusto Energy, and later changed the name to Bush Exploration.
In 1984, his company merged with the larger Spectrum 7, and Bush became chairman. The company was hurt by a decline in oil prices, and as a result, it folded into Harken Energy. Bush served on the board of directors for Harken. Questions of possible insider trading involving Harken have arisen, though the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) investigation of Bush concluded that he did not have enough insider information before his stock sale to warrant a case.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is nothing really new but just helps a lot of pieces fall into place for some people, and i wonder what his relationship with this company is now? im only a new member to this site although i have been readin it for over a year, and i think its time to contribute a lil to this great vault of info!!

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Members of Congress are similar to bush. They like to make money on oil too.

In fact, according to the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics, members of Congress have more money invested in each of the top five oil and gas companies,

source

Guess now we know why no one wants a good energy plan to get us off oil. It will reduce their profit margin.

top topics

join