It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another weird coincidence Neo's Passport expired on 9-11-2001 the matrix

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I just wanna take this time to suggest a very good read "philosophy of the matrix" excellent book if you like the matrix you will love this read. Also sheesh the W bros did speed racer? I havent seen it but Ive heard nothing but bad reviews! maybe they got pigeon holed to do that level of movie and not the epic style of the matrix.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ThroatYogurt

it isn't so much that they think the matrix is real, as it is the concept of "maya" as illusion, which is basically a hindu philosophical construct and i quote:

Maya, is the principal deity who creates, perpetuates and governs the phantasmagoria, illusion and dream of duality in the phenomenal Universe. For some mystics this manifestation is real, but it is a fleeting reality; it is a mistake, although a natural one, to believe that Maya represents a fundamental reality or Truth. Each person, each physical object, from the perspective of eternity is like a brief, disturbed drop of water from an unbounded ocean. The goal of enlightenment is to understand this — more precisely, to experience this: to see intuitively that the distinction between the self and the Universe is a false dichotomy. The distinction between consciousness and physical matter, between mind and body (refer bodymind), is the result of an unenlightened perspective.

/37xg95

[edit on 17-8-2008 by undo]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
yeah I found one in enemy of the state that I also found a thread others talked about it in.

www.belowtopsecret.com... - Mine

www.abovetopsecret.com... - 2004 one.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm going to chip in even though I have no new revelation to this. Although I must say I was more than a little intriqued by this post.
I think it's important that we keep this kind of train of thought alive. Overanalyzing as one poster wrote. Now why would I say that in comparison to what I else demand or strike down upon?
Well first of all it's quite posible that we are being run around by those we "elected" to protect our interests. In fact I would put my money 99% of the time that they are looking after themselves rather than their people.

Coincidences are sometimes more than amazing. Wether this is one of those cases I will not conclude on. The important thing here is that a lot of us ever since that day have felt that something was wrong. Why's, how's and who's weren't and still aren't answered... at least not without a slight amount of dodge and run from those offering an explanation.

The fact that we ponder over such things, the passport date, is almost more important than the what comes out of it. It assures me that somewhere deep down, we the people know that we are fighting a silent war with our governments, and by allowing ourselves to ponder such a case, where we even have the numbers in black and white (this is not a case of "hm.... that could be something/I believe that that must be something") , we are presenting our discontent, our relucatance to completely give in, in a way which they can never take from us... free thought.
I also find the coincidence with this movie being small guy vs. unseen enemy quite interesting too. Had this been the passport of some guy in a lovemovie, I wouldn't make anything of it...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Coincidence. That had to pick a date, just so happened to pick this one.

By the way, it's funny how a lot of people on a conspiracy forum don;t know what one is. A conspiracy is basically two or more people working together for some illegal purpose. ***

Is writing a date on a passport in a film an illegal act? No.
Are you saying you think whoever did was a conspirator who worked towards the evemnts on 9/11? God I hope not.

This isn;t a conspiracy for the people saying it is. Smoking gun if anything.

But, personally, I just see it as an interesting coincidence and agree with the poster saying that '911' gets used a lot because it evokes a sense of emergency in the subconcious due to it being the american police number.

To the person asking about 911 being a weird number for the cops, my understanding was that it was 911 as it's easy to type quickly, and far harder to missdial than 999. I have no idea as to the veracity of that though...

EDIT *** Seems I might be wrong on that point, but that's how i'd always understood it...

[edit on 17-8-2008 by Vector J]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

Conspiracy isn't bound to illegal activities.

I guess this is a one-liner, that's all I have to say !!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The Wachowski brothers are no more prophets than I am.

A few things are possible.

1. A freak coincidence
2. A reference to 911 as an emergency, not 911 the date. Emergency being a machine planned attack on the human city Zion and for Neo to be like emergency response person, which he really was in a way.
3. Inside information in Hollywood. As Jordan Maxwell claims, take apart the word Hollywood and go back to old times where they used holly wood sticks for magic sticks, a la Merlin-style.

I'm sure Hollywood is used in a way to hide information in plain sight, to give clues to people, like they are bragging, "Haha, look what we're doing to you, you silly, stupid people!"

The Matrix is more important in other ways, Philosophy for example. Please check out the videos on YouTube of "Return to the Source: Philosophy of the Matrix." In there you'll find references to "The Cave" and other interesting Philosophical topics, like comparing Neo to a Messiah, where he dies and is "reborn" with new abilities. Here's the first part. You all can find the other parts on your own.

And here's another interesting look at how Hollywood "leaks" information. Just one guy's opinion on YouTube. Not my videos, but I found them intriguing.

www.youtube.com... Checker Chariots of the Gods

www.youtube.com... Contact B

www.youtube.com... Contact C

And The 911 Stargate, also interesting.

www.youtube.com...

That guys calls 911, the "Mega Ritual" I don't post these videos to say that this guy has all the answers, but rather to just share information to allow you to imagine what possibly might be going on, to begin to see a possible bigger picture. The whole idea is to just be aware. Someone said hindsight really doesn't mean much. I agree. It only serves to show you how unaware you were before something happened.

[edit on 8/17/2008 by Ceara]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
^^I edited the link

You should too...before more people come

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

I've often had this thought as well: which came first, 911 as a US emergency phone number, or 911 as a pre-concept of NYC? I mean, 9-1-1 is an odd "fast press" number, seems the UK, I believe, has 9-9-9, which is fast to hit. Just a thought.

9-1-1 as an emergency number has been around as long as we have had them in the United States, at least in my neck of the woods. Before that, zero for the operator.

More telling in regard to the 'alarm' of 9-1-1 being 'the date' is that everywhere else in the world, the date would have been written 11-9-2001, not 9-11-2001. Devil is in the details right? The 'perps' of 9-11 were American.

Also of note is the symbolism of September 11th being the beginning of the New Year in the Coptic Christian calendar.

The Coptic calendar, also called the Alexandrian calendar, is used by the Coptic Orthodox Church and still used in Egypt. This calendar is based on the ancient Egyptian calendar.

en.wikipedia.org...

For those who find the bloodline connections of American Presidents tracing their lineage back through European Monarchy, all the way back to Ancient Egypt, the message of 9-11 resonates differently.

I could go on, but alsa we are talking about Neo's passport.

While it probably is more likely that Neo's (aka the 'oNe') passport is coincidental in retrospect to the tragedy that occurred in real life, we cannot discount the amount of symbolism that the Matrix, and its sequels are filled with. Perhaps the writers were 'in tune' to the same numerology and symbolism that the perpetrators were. I don't know, someone should ask them about it.

It is not like Mr. Anderson would be flying anywhere anyway, not now that he is on the terror watch list. His passport, in effect, was revoked....
DocMoreau

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Thats extremely interesting - do you have an source or a link because i'd be interested in reading more into that?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by piacenza

oh

my

god!

thats a #in trip!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Now that we basically know Hollywood, the mainstream media, and other people very well known are in on keeping things secret and giving us clues, we should look for signs up upcoming events.
It's a stretch though, since every time a disaster occurs, we finally realize the significance in some movies, video games, etc., after it happens.
Just throwing this out there; maybe we should look at the things Hollywood makes on a more realistic note and not conclude it's all fiction, just give it a chance. If some new movie talks about a new world war or a bombing or some type of serious disaster, IMO, take some consideration.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
In the Big Lebowski the Dude writes a check dated 9/11/91 at a grocery store with George Bush Sr. is on TV talking about the gulf war...

Check

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm not a regular contributor but a frequent reader. The subject of this thread has a name... Synchromysticism. It's there if you pay attention to it. Commercials, shows, movies... There is a youtube user by the name of "SoundlessDawn" that posts some very interesting videos on the subject and no, I'm not him but a fan. If you want to really get a feel for it go watch one of his videos. Kind of freaky... kind of scary and for the hardcore non-believers kind of silly, makes me wonder though.....

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Forgive me if it's already been pointed out, because I'm just popping into this thread before I leave the house and haven't read everything, but...

The bad guy in "Enemy of the State"- Jon Voight's character- for no real reason at all they mention his birthday in the movie. It was September 11.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
i have to say i get a kick out of all the people 'loling' at this.

It is a known fact that no matter who did the attacks, conspiracy or not, people were given forewarning. At the very least we have text messages that were sent which can be confimed (i.e. rock solid proof), and of course the heresay of people who claim to have been warned.

it is FACT that people were given warning, so it is no stretch in logic to speculate as to weather or not the Wachowski brothers were 2 of them.

I notice that this attitude parrots the MSM, ad homenim attacks without foundation.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by piacenza

That's 13 Sep 01 not 11 Sep 01.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
I just had a look at my copy of the DVD - it appeared 18 minutes and 11 seconds in. It's definitely there.

1+8=9
another hidden 9/11

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier x

or 18/2 or 9/2... just that was reaching a bit

2lines

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

I recommend you do the same. Most times, the greatest skeptics are those that choose not to think for themselves but live by a herd mentality.

It doesn't take a concentration camp to lock up freedom and liberty. Just the right legislation. Which appears to have been laying in wait during the events of 9/11. After the attacks the liberty-restricting, un-Constitutional legislation was passed through extremely quickly ... without much debate or regard for the rights or interests of the citizens of this country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join