It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another weird coincidence Neo's Passport expired on 9-11-2001 the matrix

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The "New World Order" speech was given 10 years prior to the day - or the day his passport was issued, rather than expired.

New=Neo.

Neo World Order. I wouldn't call them prophets, but I would consider that this is a coincidence and they meant to evoke the New World Order speech - only they stumbled unwittingly on something else - the execution of a New World Order plan was done on the anniversary of the speech.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I have not read every post in this thread, so forgive me if this has been done.

Before everyone gets all bent out of shape about "impossible coincidences", why dont we calculate the exact odds (or a close estimation) of this happening?

A standard U.S. passport is valid for 10 years.

Worst case senerio is that NEOs passport was issued in the year the move was produced: 1999 (unless they wanted to show his passport as expired, which idont think they would have done).

This would make the maximum year for expiration 2009 (10 years).

This makes the odds of selecting September 11th, 2001 1/3650 Not the best odds in the word, but far from "staggering", and this is WORST case scenario.

Now, just for #s and giggles, lets assume that the producers didn't want neo's passport issue date to be the current year 1999. To make it seem more "natural", they would make 1999 somewhere in the "middle" of its expiatory period, say 5 years in (5 years is just an arbitrary number to represent "halfway"). This would make the issue date 1994, and the expiration date 2004.

Since the movie takes place in 1999, that gives 5 years of possible "expiration dates", cutting the odds of picking 9/11/01 down to 1/1825

1/1825 is not exactly poor odds. If the odds of hitting a jackpot were 1/1825 i'd be playing the lottery every day! Obviously the odds are the same for any given date between 1999 and 2004, and 9/11/01 was the lucky winner.

if anyone sees a flaw in this logic, let me know. i didn't exactly spend a whole lot of time thinking about this before i wrote it

-LSS

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostshootingstar

if anyone sees a flaw in this logic, let me know. i didn't exactly spend a whole lot of time thinking about this before i wrote it

-LSS

On the contrary; I'd like to expound on it.

You also have to divide out the odds for every significant date, and not just 9-11. Because people would "ooh" and "ahh" over any significant date for a passport to expire.

Maybe some of the following would have done almost as nicely:

-the date that Clinton promised we'd have troops out of Yugoslavia by.

-The date the Supreme court ruled W won the election in 2000.

- W's birthdate
-Cheney's birthdate
-Date for Invasion of Iraq
-Date that Enron declared bankruptcy.

In fact, you'd need to add in EVERY significant date in world history, from the date that Jacque De Molay was executed, to the dates of the Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley and Kennedy, to April 30, Hitler's birthday.

At that rate, you're practically guaranteed of success:

"Alice laughed: "There's no use trying," she said; "one can't believe impossible things."

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

- Alice In Wonderland.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Here is a video of an old X-men comic that shows similar 9/11 scences but it predicts the future and the character is telling it like it did happen.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lostshootingstar

1/1825 is not exactly poor odds. If the odds of hitting a jackpot were 1/1825 i'd be playing the lottery every day! Obviously the odds are the same for any given date between 1999 and 2004, and 9/11/01 was the lucky winner.

The odds of winning the daily number are much less than that, and people do play the lottery everyday.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
hey everyone havent posted in awhile but i watch godzilla the other day and ,at the the part when they are lureing godzilla into the city with the fish ,nick (main character) looks at his watch and the hands are on 9 and 11 just another movie coincidence ...i dont think so

they mention an attack on the twin towers in the film aswell when the reporters in the helicopter i think, he says something like "we havent seen this type of chaos since the world trade center bombings ..then shortly after you see this guy look at his watch at 9 /11 lol

makes me laugh , because there isnt much else i can do ...

i hope sopmeone else has noticed this and can back me up.

oh and the idea about the third matrix film being re done at the last minute because the creators were getting to close to the truth,well the idea that you came up with , the alternative ending where they find out zion is just another level of the matrix...now THATS A TWIST!!! worthy of shamalaan lol

anyways peace out every1

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lostshootingstar

Good post. The odds aren't exactly huge.

I was intrigued at first though. I like the idea of an intertwining prophetic path hinted at through media and history, and this pic was a blinder. Then the logic and maths kicks in, the feeling is lost, and we return to the board.

Bummer.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn

But Neo would learn this fact and actually bring down the veil once and for all (and not die). What they find is the real "real" world was a natural paradise...humans now transform into a heightened state of Spiritual Awareness...etc, etc, etc...

I like that ending much better. Damn big brother (or bother) to hell!!! hehe

I don't know if I buy this theory that they were leaned on to change the story but the coincidence of the date is interesting.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
...thrilled (sarcasm inserted) to have renewal before this occurred in late 2006:

After an on-again, off-again review process that finally culminated with full State Department approval last year, the US government has finally issued its first passports containing RFID chips.

Government officials have said that the use of the RFID chip allows passports to be scanned and cross-referenced with security databases more easily, while privacy advocates have argued they'll make it easier for identity thieves and terrorists to extract information -- especially after a security firm successfully demonstrated that they were able to crack the encryption used on prototype Dutch RFID passports.

Despite such concerns, the new passports are scheduled to be rolled out nationally in October.

"US issues first RFID passports - Mar 13th 2006"

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Not to get off-topic but the tattoo on the arm of the "older" version
of the man is as bright and bold as the actual tattoo. Tattoos fade
as people age so the "older" man's tattoo should have been faded.
I'm sure it's a hoax.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The Wachowski brothers are thought of as strange individuals, I wrote an article about them with someone in high school who was convinced they don’t really exist. I think the stranger things I hear about them the realer and more normal they seem.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were involved with some freaky, NWO type stuff.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they were just another believer like you and me who frequents these types of messages boards and who theorizes but really has no answers.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
kind of ironic,
its the day american liberty expired.

Because we're all obviously in concentration camps right now.

Maybe some people should think before they post.

If you think you need to be in a concentration camp before accepting your liberty is expiring you need to re-set your priorities. You sound like one of those people you hear about just before WWII saying there was no way their government would turn on them in such a way, and some of those people waited to flee or fight back until the very last minute, and where did many of those same people end up? Many of them ended up with piles of others, their bodies turned damn near into skeletons, stacked in large trenches, dead.

Maybe you should read the Patriot Act before you post.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
For people who keep saying "9/11" also makes people think of 9-1-1.

1. I don't see why a movie, while made by Americans, that is intended to be enjoyed by none Americans as well would emphasize numbers that are only significant to someone living in America.

2. His passport expires on 9-11-2001. The exact date of the 9/11 attacks, same month, same day, same year. That is a little creepy, coincidental or not.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Was that from the scene where the secret government guys wanted his cooperation in apprehending the terrorists, and when Neo told them that he was not afraid of the Gestapo crap, and he knew his rights, they took away his freedom of speech and implanted him with a microchip

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Was that from the scene where the secret government guys wanted his cooperation in apprehending the terrorists, and when Neo told them that he was not afraid of the Gestapo crap, and he knew his rights, they took away his freedom of speech and implanted him with a microchip

Indeed it was. Good call.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
that is really weird, something else thats weird my birthday is 11/11 and a friends birthday is 9/9

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
A little off topic BUT FOLLOWTHEWWWHITERRRABBBBBIT!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I am actually speechless at the lengths some people will go to try and find a conspiracy.

Its a film guys......

If I were to pick another random date, i'm sure I could go back through hollywoods films and find references to that date if I looked hard enough. There are some interesting points raised on this website, this however, is not one of them.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
img529.imageshack.us...

right under "place of birth" it says FU, USA

FU as in F**K YOU, USA? maybe im just searching too hard now lol

thought id was weird

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

I am sorry. I am new here and it appears that I have already unintentionally run afoul of the rules. What does that warning mean? Does it mean if you don't speak directly about how Hollywood is corrupting and controlling what we think that your post will be pulled and you will be kicked out even if you are responding to a statement already existing on the board? If that is the case could we then call the internet Matrix Reloaded?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join