It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO just spotted in the UK, Worcestershire!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It's just gone 2:45am. I was sitting outside a few minutes ago having a cup of tea and above the trees saw a glowing red orb, it rose from below and hovered in a stationary position for about 5 or 6 seconds, then slowly dropped again to below the trees, which are about 100-150 metres from my house. My initial impression was..it's a firework. But there were no bangs or crackles to go with it at all, and it was so bright that part of the sky was set alight with it!

Just thought I'd report it on here in case anyone else from this area is reading and saw something similar..I've never seen anything so unusual that I haven't been able to identify like this and it made me feel sick to my stomach! No pictures/videos but I'm gonna go sit outside for a bit with my camera in case it comes back.

Thanks for reading,
Chris

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hey!

Well, that's not much to go on.
Could you please be a bit more specific?

1) Is anyones house over by where you saw th bright light land?
2) Where you able to make out any shape, or was it just a light?
3) About how fast would you say it went up?/How fast did it go to the ground?
I'm not asking for an exact speed just something like, "About 50 mph, or fast as a bullet.
4) Did it make any strange movement?

Thanks for the post!

Sincerely,
joshedis

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by joshedis

Yes there are some houses beyond the trees but they don't stretch out too far - after them lies a mixture of nature reserve and highway. It could have been really far away though but fairly big so it may have given me the illusion of being "just over" the trees!

I could just make out a bright red light, shape was sort of circular. It rose fairly slowly up and back down I'd say 15-25mph each way for an estimate! There was no strange movement, it just looked very odd to me the way it hovered for a few seconds and how bright it actually was!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I find it interesting that it made you feel sick to your stomach. I saw some strange clouds about two weeks ago that did the same thing to me. I was going to take a picture of them but had a more pressing thing to do if you know what I mean. I believe you saw what you saw!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well welly well.

O.K well have you searched new types of fireworks?

I've seen some crazy stuff personally!
I'll be on the look out.

Ill post back after some research.

As my friend says, "You have to exhaust all reasonable possibilities, and the ideas that pass through these tests are the ones worthy of being called UFO's."
Well something like that anyways.
So is there anything else it could have been?
It doesn't sound like a typical UFO.

Sincerely,
joshedis

new topics

top topics

join