A)When you delete a file, you actually don't delete it entirely. Instead, when you delete a file in Windows, a tag is added to the file. The tag
signals Windows that the space on the hard drive occupied by the file can be overwritten. If you are lucky and haven't made any changes then you have
a good chance of recovering it. I recommend you try Free Undelete (officerecovery.com...
) or Restoration
B)1. Open Firefox -> Select Bookmarks in the Navigation Toolbar.
2. Choose Manage Bookmarks (Firefox 1.5 or earlier) or Organize Bookmarks (Firefox 2).
3. Select File -> Choose Import -> Select From File -> Next
4. Find the Profile Folder for Firefox. The location of your Firefox profiles folder varies by operating system . The Application Data folder could be
a hidden folder for your OS.
5. The default profile folder is written as "****.default".
6. In this folder (or other profiles) you should see a folder called bookmarkbackups.
7. Open the bookmarkbackups folder and select the .html file that has the bookmarks you like to recover.
8. Click Open.
The location of your Firefox profiles folder:
Windows 2000 and XP : C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\\
in short words:
Windows Vista : C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\\
c)For Win 2000 and XP the bookmark backups are in
(For XP/2000 only)
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxx.default\bookmarkbackups
( the "Application Data" folder is hidden by default.
If you cannot find it, try Tools > Folder Options > View tab > select "Show hidden files and folders" > click Apply and OK.
You will now see and access that folder.)
d)For Vista-For Vista it's C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\
f)With a restore of bookmarks to an earlier time. You should be backing up
your profile and personal data. But this one is backed up for you by
Firefox, there is a special bookmarks backup, one for each of last 5 days.
Bookmarks, Organize bookmarks, Import and Backup, Restore (choose date)
I'm not sure if you will see the results immediately after the restore, or have
to take Firefox down and up, refresh my memory when you do it.
David McRitchie, extensions I use are briefly documented on my site
Firefox Custom: www.mvps.org...
Hope one of these helps, let me know.