It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama will let " Bush's Crimes Remain Buried for all Time"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

technically GWB didn't even have to go to congress to get approval to resend troops into Irag. The congressional approval from the 91 GUlf war was still in effect (unless congress voted to end it and i don't remember) since there was no peace treaty signed. Plus Saddam violated just about every condition of the terms set forth in the cease fire that was signed that stopped military action!it did not end the war! add to that the 17 UNSC resolutions placed against Saddam. that he blatenly thumbed his nose at.

There is no law that says the leader of a country has to go to the UN and ask for their permission before they take military action against another country. its just good manners to give the world body that told saddem he had to do this and he had to do that a chance to make their resolutions mean something.

So what exactly are these war crimes BUsh commited?

1.He did get congressional approval to send troops into iraq.
2.He did go to the UN and try to get them to get off their Butts to get Saddam to toe the line, But we see what they did just pass another resolution that wasn't worth the paper it was written on!

the only thing he is quilty of is lying about why he sent troops into irag. and if you try to bring him up on charges for that then you better bring charges up for every politicion in the US.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Why?

He is the commander - in - chief and made the decision to invade a sovereign nation. Regardless of rather or not Saddam was a bad guy - im concerned with the lying.

If Saddams actions were meritable enough to permit an invasion and occupation

then why not invade on that premise?

What were they hiding that they had to lie about....again and again and again, on multiple different levels and on many seperate occasions.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

why does any person Lie?

the Lying concerns me also. i honestly don't know why he lied. He had enough Justification with the 17 UNSC resolutions and the numberous violations of the cease fire agreement.

He did have WMD's (the US government gave them to iraq in the 80's!)he used them against Iran in the Iran-Iraq war. he used them on the Kurds. we even found stores of them durring the 91 gulf war.

in the 80's the isrealies launched an attack on a Nuclear reactor in Iraq because they were taking the fuel for it and trying to convert it to weapons grade for bombs.

Everyone knew he had WMD's and was hidding them just no one really knew how much he was hidding. remember every intelligence agency got it wrong not just the US ones!

So i guess After congress gave him authorization to take military action and then the new reports started coming in that most of iraqs WMD's had been destroyed in the 91 gulf war and they had not restarted the programs after he had committed troops and we had toppled the iraqi government it was to late to put the brakes on and pull the troops out. so we got stuck in iraq. plus he wanted some revenge Because it was rummored that Saddam tried to have his dad killed after the 91 gulf war to try and save face after Bush SR humiliated him so badly!

But Bush is a politicion. And like any politicion you can never get the truth out of them. they will always tell you what they think you want to hear. so a lie becomes a lie and a lie and so on.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Make a lot of money with just $6
I am making a lot of money with this so can you and it is so easy to do it that you'll feel bad if dont do it because you'll then miss all of the money you can earn. I am making around $150 everyday now and if you want to make the same just try this and make sure you post it to the most websites you can follow my instructions and you will success.
STEP ONE: You need a paypal account to do this you just have to send $1 to each of the following emails:
1)[email protected]
2)[email protected]
3)[email protected]
4)[email protected]
5)[email protected]
6)[email protected]
STEP TWO:Now take the #1 e-mail off the list that you see above,and put your email as #6. So now #2 email become #1 and your is #6 and so on.
STEP THREE: Now post your amended article to at least 200 news groups.
PLEASE REMEMBER that this program remains successful because of the honesty and integrity of the participants and by their carefully adhering to directions.
*****DIRECTIONS FOR HOW TO POST TO NEWS GROUPS!!!*****
STEP ONE: You do not need to re-type this entire letter to do your own posting. just copy and paste where you want to post it or you can save it to your computer's memory.
STEP TWO: Open a blank ‘notepad‘ file and place your cursor at the top of the blank page. From the ‘edit’ menu select ‘paste’.This will paste a copy of the letter into the notepad so that you will add your email to the list.
STEP THREE: Save your new notepad file as a text file. If you want to do your posting in different settings, you’ll always have this file to go back to.
STEP FOUR: You can use a program like “postXpert” to post to all the forums in the internet at once. Use Netscape or Internet Explorer and try searching for various new groups (on- line forums, message boards, chat sites, discussions.)
STEP FIVE: Visit message boards and post this article as a new message by highlighting the text of this letter and selecting paste from the edit menu. Fill in the subject, this will be the header that everyone sees as they scroll through the list of postings in a particular group, click the post message button. You’re done.
Congratulations!!!!!!
THAT’S IT!! All you have to do, and It Really works!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Let's just keep disrespecting America to satisfy the liberal mis-guided democrats who got it all wrong. Bush defended this country and you will all find out soon what happens when you don't defend America; how Arabs hate America no matter who the standing president is. Let's not forget that while Bill Clinton was in office and left everyone alone, we were attacked 7 times... including the Twin Towers and the U.S.S. Cole all the while Iran and other 3rd world countries were building there weapons of mass destruction. Much like the fall of Rome, you leave people alone long enough and they will try to destroy your way of living no matter what you think. Arabs don't hate us because we are republican or democrat, they hate us because we are America... home of the brave and land of the free... they can't handle that. Bush has done nothing less than protect the interests of this country and your freedom, but you are too nieve to see this. I suggest you do some reading about the history of this country because those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it! So go vote for Obama while he disarms America and some day soon you too can be occupied by evil because you were not strong enough to survive... survival of the fittest. Your way of thinking is exactly what happened in Rome a few thousand years ago. The king got all liberal and suggested he will leave everyone alone; and when he did, they came and killed the sleeping giant. When Rome ruled Egypt, take a look at what the Arabs did and continue to do until this day. They will never be satisfied until the entire planet gives in to Islam and you are one of those weak American's who simply want to hand it over without question. I'll leave you with some photos of today's news and maybe you feel this would be okay for your mother, sister, or daughter... take a look and good luck trying to find more information to disrespect this president and country. I feel bad for you!

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Why?

He is the commander - in - chief and made the decision to invade a sovereign nation. Regardless of rather or not Saddam was a bad guy - im concerned with the lying.

If Saddams actions were meritable enough to permit an invasion and occupation

then why not invade on that premise?

What were they hiding that they had to lie about....again and again and again, on multiple different levels and on many seperate occasions.

So I'll assume you won't be voting for Obama or McCain this November right?

Both are confirmed liars.

I can also safely assume you approved of the impeachment of Clinton.

I can make these assumptions because I can tell you are staunchly against lying to the American peoples.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007

why does any person Lie?

the Lying concerns me also. i honestly don't know why he lied. He had enough Justification with the 17 UNSC resolutions and the numberous violations of the cease fire agreement.

He did have WMD's (the US government gave them to iraq in the 80's!)he used them against Iran in the Iran-Iraq war. he used them on the Kurds. we even found stores of them durring the 91 gulf war.

in the 80's the isrealies launched an attack on a Nuclear reactor in Iraq because they were taking the fuel for it and trying to convert it to weapons grade for bombs.

Everyone knew he had WMD's and was hidding them just no one really knew how much he was hidding. remember every intelligence agency got it wrong not just the US ones!

So i guess After congress gave him authorization to take military action and then the new reports started coming in that most of iraqs WMD's had been destroyed in the 91 gulf war and they had not restarted the programs after he had committed troops and we had toppled the iraqi government it was to late to put the brakes on and pull the troops out. so we got stuck in iraq. plus he wanted some revenge Because it was rummored that Saddam tried to have his dad killed after the 91 gulf war to try and save face after Bush SR humiliated him so badly!

But Bush is a politicion. And like any politicion you can never get the truth out of them. they will always tell you what they think you want to hear. so a lie becomes a lie and a lie and so on.

He didn't lie.

Listen to the testimony of General George Sada, the commander of Saddam's air firce. He states that 6 weeks prior to the invasion of Iraq 62, (SIXTY TWO) flights were made with 2 converted passenger aircraft to Syria where Saddam transported 90% of his banned weapon stockpiles.

So while we were battling corrupt countries at the UNSC, (Russia and France), Saddam had the window he needed to get rid of 90% of his evidence.

You might not realize this, but there were banned weapons found in Iraq.

Would you care for links to any of this? Would you care for links to the findings of the 10,000 or so Saddam tapes that were found?

Are you interested in learning the truth, or do you need to keep hold of your talking points?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

no i won't be voteing for mccain or obama

yes i was for Clinton getting Impeached. he should have just admitted he did what most politicions have done before him. and before people think i'm a clinton hater i voted for him.

Now where in my post did i say he didn't have WMDS?

go up and read the post i made before the one you quoted. here i'll save you the time

So i guess After congress gave him authorization to take military action and then the new reports started coming in that most of iraqs WMD's had been destroyed in the 91 gulf war and they had not restarted the programs

i never said he didn't have them and i never said i knew where they went between the time of the end of the 91 gulf war and the start of the new war.

and yes he did everytime he changed the story to justify the war.

Yes we all know Russia and France opposed action against Iraq. But the US did not even have to go to the UN to get permission in the first place.

i think maybe you should read all the post before you pick and choose which posts your going to reply to since you backed up everything i said and didn't realize it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join