It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain - A Traitor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Vietnam veterans speak out on how John McCain gave information to the vietcong and got better treatment...www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I don't buy McCain's back 0story 100%.

Yeah he was shot down, yeah he was a POW. That counts for something.
But the truth is he was a typical spoiled brat who got by on his family connections. Never would have got an academy appointment without his last name. Graduated almost dead last. He was promoted up to Captain O-6 because of the automatic advancement for POWs, but he never had the typical reviews and exams normally required for advancement of US Naval line officers. As General Clark said, McCain's military leadership was never tested.

I've read McCain was heavily involved in maintaining the govt secrecy of his own files considering his POW time. Could be just trying to cover up statements made under torture, which I don't blame him for. Or there could be something more substantial he doesn't want to come out. Was he really offered and turned down early release or is that an exaggeration ? What is the evidence ?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I seriously doubt any "war stories" are credible to begin with. I am not sold on either of these candidate, but it's kinda funny how when it gets close to election time, the mud slinging begins.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have to preface this by saying I'm not a fan of McCain...

It's easy to criticize someone for talking under duress, but it's much harder to imagine yourself in that position. Fact is, everyone talks if you torture them for long enough.

I've heard various accounts - some say he wasn't tortured hard, he was given special treatment, etc..

I wasn't there, so I don't know. I don't think the man gets any special right to be the president just because the VC took him to the back room. I just don't like to see people call him out for talking to his captors because, let me assure you, you would talk too if a torturer got a hold on you for a few hours or a few days. Even if it takes a month, or a year, everyone talks. Torture involves not just physical pain, but also psychological techniques and of course sleep deprivation to force an altered state of mind that is much more suggestible.

The idea that all these keyboard warriors fancy themselves such badasses that they could withstand torture doesn't sit well with me. Makes me want to torture them, frankly, just to prove a point.

Now, all that said, the guy is a dunce, and in no way qualified to lead the country. I think you'd have to be a moron yourself to vote for such a dumb guy. That's just my opinion. Take him to task for his real and obvious failings in the line of duty and as a student and ever since being released, not for his actions as a POW.

Just my opinion...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
This story was famous before McCain got into the political spectrum. If it wasn't true why not argue it early on?

I don't get why they would wait so long.

Its just how the swift boaters disenfranchised Kerry's record which has since been released.

There's nothing more than I hate than to see the disrespect those that have served us receive.

The Vietnam vets I know are in fact very right. All liberals have contributed to them for their service is spit.

new topics

top topics

join