It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Waste to be used as car fuel in CA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge
I completely agree with your post, save one small detail. I have to address it.

"Dirty diesel smoke" is inaccurate today. Diesel fuel is one of the cleanest hydrocarbon fuels on the market. Ultra-Low Sulfur Diesel (U'___') is required by Federal law to be used exclusively in truck engines manufactured in 2007 or later. The new engines also use a diesel particulate filter that requires constant maintenance to get the exhaust clean. We pay a hefty price for this cleanliness and environmental friendliness through lower mileage and more maintenance time, with no compensation from lower fuel prices or higher mileage for the newer diesel.

The pictures I am sure everyone has seen, of that big ol' truck spewing a column (sometimes two) of dark black smoke simply do not exist anymore. Years ago, truckers recycled their used motor oil by pouring it into the tanks and burning it as fuel. That's where the black smoke came from. Diesel fuel is a type of oil anyway, so the motor oil burnt just like fuel. They didn't get much use out of it, but what little they got was basically free. That is now illegal and I have not seen it practiced in over 7 years of driving.

The new U'___' contains less than 15 ppm (parts per million) of sulfur. That's about as clean as you are gonna get it, and definitely cleaner than gasoline. So can we deny some ignorance about trucks belching columns of black dirty smoke while we're here?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
If you do a little research on youtube you will find that using black water (sewer water) can be used as fuel and is infact cleaned into drinking water!

So black water could be cleaned into drinking water while its being used as a fuel. And refueling a hydrogen car isn't something that needs to be done, just recycle your exhaust which is water vapor (cool it and its water again). So potentially you wont have to refuel, though i doubt the new cars being made that are running on hydrogen would recycle its exhaust.

Read all the posts-edit

[edit on 18-8-2008 by Quickfix]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join