It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we. The Universe exist?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
We exist to destroy.The only problem is we got to smart for our own good and now we are slowly killing the universe

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
i will explain everything for you,you are a race of people that have been bread to serve the chosen ones you are called goyim and you will serve,the time has almost come where the chosen can reveile them selfs,if you dont know who the chosen ones are you are goy a slave for the chosen

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The best I have ever heard was " the universe created us, to understand it" Whatever it was God or aliens, we are very lucky. Life is a gift. We are all alive.....Not many of us truly LIVE!

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
All I know is Life was never about the ultimate one true philosophy, theology or religion as that is quite impossible.
It was simply about communicating of ones experience of what lay within ones self.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Epsillion70]

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

I agree. Life is what you make of it, and there is no one philosophy absolutely required in order to express and properly utilize it. Many religious people speak of how their god encourages free will, but always at the expense of eternal damnation. That is not a real choice. Is being forced to choose between eating a lobster or a plate of burning twigs really an option? Even a goat would not choose the twigs, yet free will is spoken of in many organized religions as being the ultimate gift, if you do what you are told.

Personal understanding is personal. I, nor anyone else requires any specific religion or philosophy in order to fully utilize their true potential. Remember, a Buddah is a person who chooses their own path to enlightenment. Buddhists are just one example of this. Anyone has the potential to become a Buddah, but often times, one's life can make the devotion and sacrifices required more difficult than what that path requires. I still think it wasn't the best decision for the Buddah to leave his wife and children to follow his path, yet it produced beautiful results.

What I am getting at, is that a mother of three children just isn't going to have the time and energy to create a new path of cosmic understanding, when there are already many that can and do fit the bill. Some more than others and therein lies the trick. If people choose to focus on humanity's eternal damnation, then that is what they will receive. They will see it everywhere, for they have already impressed upon themselves that it is inevitable, and they are already spared destruction, and it is reflected in their behaviors.

Many Christians, and others refuse to act that way, how can you love your neighbor as your self, if you are constantly building new mental constructs as to what defines a neighbor? A neighbor is on my block, or city, or state or country, and we can morally go to war whenever we want, simply because a guy called the president says so? NO.

War is also a choice, just it has been taken mostly out of the hands of the people who would most likely make a better decision, organized anything does that. Things will come around.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The point of humans is to breed.

The point of our universe is to hold together two pivots in a string in an atom in another universe.. simple.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You want proof you exist just poke poke yourself in the but with a stick real hard.Do you feel pain? Yes you do.If you dont exist why not look at the sun for a few minutes because you dont believe that photons are hiiting your eyes.You get hungry. Is that a myth to you?I YOU EXIST no matter what people tell you.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I dont care to venture an uneducated guess as to what life is and how and why we are here.

Rather I just wanted to say that this has been one of the most interesting and thought provoking threads that I have seen on ATS in ages ....and it is truly a breath of fresh air to read.

Glad to see people thinking outside of the common train of thought for a change

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Syntaxstealth

We are here to die? I don't believe that. Were the point of life to die, then all life would have died already and having completed it's goal - we wouldn't be here. Death is certainly a large part of the life experience, but that's not the reason why we're here. We're here to live long enough to procreate and give birth to the next generation. The entire reason why we die is simply to avoid redundancy in an ever changing system. If nothing died, aside from the obvious overpopulation issues, then genetic improvements could not advance as older generations would be breeding with younger generations and mute out the beneficial changes while compounding the negative attributes which would normally be selected against. This increases the chance that a single virus or cataclysm would be able to wipe out all life. There is incredible strength in diversity, and that is what life excels at - diversity.. and to the point where exterminating all life on Earth is practically impossible.

Consider death a noble and involuntary sacrifice intended to ensure the survival of future generations.

Now, we (humans) may one day very soon overcome death. However, our immortality will likely transcend the conventional life cycle. As Real Space and Cyber Space continually move towards convergence in this next century humanity will come to a point where we can upload our minds onto a network and live in a virtual reality every bit as real and convincing as real space. Earth may well become a type of "time share", where minds are "born" into physical bodies - live a set amount of time and allowed to only use a set amount of resources - then return to cyber space. Experiences and memories can be shared and swapped between individuals and lived out again and again - and those who "die" will never leave us, as (unlike conventional death) they will always be around to talk to and visit.

It will be like tearing back the veil of heaven and allowing free travel between the two realms.

So no... Death isn't the reason we are here.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
"Until forgiveness is complete, the World still has a purpose."

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
does EVERYTHING have to have meaning? if you think there HAS to have meaning to our existence, that is the reason for religion, to help us feel better about our insignificance.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
My research of Buddhism and Alan Watts has led me to this;
we cannot grasp why the universe (or ourselves) exists by thinking and theorizing about answers.
Some form of disciplined meditation and spirituality can instead bring us to a place where these questions are already answered intuitively.

If there even is an 'answer', it is not something that can simply be verbalized.

I believe the 'answer' to the question of 'why are we here?' is something that can be felt, grasped, experienced, understood, etc. when we look at the world with the right mind through a spiritual practice with years of meditation. This right mind or enlightened state does not have a need to question 'why?' because it is already understood that this is not the correct question to ask.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that we may not ask the question of 'Why do we and/or the universe exist?' until we understand our own minds and our own ego.

You ask why do we? I ask you who or what are we first.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
the universe created us to learn abou't itself

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
this is the best reason to why we exist that i have read so far

www.users.on.net...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join