It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we. The Universe exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Byakuya

Why do humans think that stuff has to happen "for a reason"? ... exactly.

-rrr

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
All of u want to know why we exist in universe..if u all go back to the true religions ...u all will find answer..for unbelief on the true religions...use ur logical thinking to find the answer....why universe so big....a lot of planet name or not be name yet...alot of star...we only so small? is there any better than us....Creator right...who creator? that second question...what ever u belief...u still know ur weakness as human...but not Creator...am i right...so what purpose we do exist? Undestand this...see animal surrounding us..do the animals not knowing their own purposes...i think they do know...every animals know what rules they can play...also about us...but we better than animals..animals not expanding in term of development...but human can...our capabilites depend on our development in past, present and future...so long to explain....i'm tired to right...it ok for the beginning ...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Maybe God was tired of being alone... The revelation of the ineffable name "I AM WHO AM" contains the truth that God alone IS. The Greek Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Scriptures, and following it the Church's Tradition, understood the divine name in this sense: God is the fullness of Being and of every perfection, without origin and without end. All creatures receive all that they are and have from him; but he alone is his very being, and he is of himself everything that he is.

So... in a way, I think only God truly exists, everything else is an illusion.

When I feel alone, i go see a movie. I am still alone but I forget about it for about 2 hours... maybe God is doing the same thing.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
why do I never win the lottery is it bad or good luck or by chance that I dont win ? is it by chance that that we the universe exist or was it good or bad luck that we the universe exist, Impossible question with Impossible answer

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Byakuya

You are asking from us to give an answer to something of ultimate or even absolute importance; definitely superfinite anyway. We are finite beings and we can't possibly know what the plans of the Creator are. It's good to ponder on things that transcend our level of being, but you must also be aware that answers to these things can only come on another, future age where experience and augmenting relationship with God will make you capable of understanding and discovering such things. You can learn something of the reality of what is at the end of the path by visualising, imagining or by superimposing past and present experiences, but you will only truly know it in its entirety by really walking this path from beginning to end, from past eternity to infinity...

Alexandros

Deity and Reality
Universe Levels of Reality

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
So... in a way, I think only God truly exists, everything else is an illusion.

Reminds me of the x-box game called Phantom Dust where one guy comes back to see that his world has been devastated, and then apparently gets powers from some kind of sand.

He uses this sand to create his own world, which is one big illusion. Of course, the illusions themselves do not realize this, but when a part of them eventually are shown the ''truth'', they realize that they are nothing but illusions, and upon realizing this they turn back to dust.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byakuya
What happened before we were born? we didn't exist. So why would the universe want us to exist? [...snip...] If there is something further up there, there had to be something before us to exist. [...snip...] And look at it to a god. If he created us, why did he want to do it? was it to a game? A game to which we play everyday.

There must already be a "what is the meaning of life" thread isn't there? Well anyway, this is more specific so I like it a bit better. Your allegations that we did not exist before we were born are baseless. Sure we didn't exist in our present form, but perhaps as a soul without a body we did exist. Perhaps when we die we move on to exist again in another body. Perhaps we return to another higher world in which we have lived many lives and remember all of them. Perhaps when we die we merge with another conscious entity, so perhaps we have split off from that entity when we were born. Or perhaps as you say, we never existed before we were born, and we stop existing after death.

How ridiculous it seems to me that most atheists would simply assume such a thing as permanent death. Think about eternity. Forever. Nothing will ever happen to you for an *eternity* after death? Isn't that statistically unlikely given how spontaneous our universe is, and logically baseless since we don't know for a fact where we came from and where we are going after death (if anywhere). It sounds very secure and peaceful to me to die forever. Perhaps I would even prefer that... I havnt thought it over.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by truthquest]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
"The teaching of Buddha that life is permeated with suffering caused by desire, that suffering ceases when desire ceases, and that enlightenment obtained through right conduct and wisdom and meditation".

Now please don't shoot the messenger, it's the meaning of the words that's the life lesson here.

Right conduct, means to me, to try your best at being a good person to yourself and others.

Wisdom, is what you get by paying attention to what you learn in life. Actions speak louder than words.

Meditation, find the right way to meditate that works best for you. There are many ways to meditate.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It's great to see people with my interests!

In actuality, people just don't think about these things. It's good to see that you're so open!

Well, as for MY take on the whole existance thing [in fact, I was thinking about this just a few days ago!
] is that we exist merely just to exist. To discover our full ability and plain of existance and fulfill our imagination, or is that my inferrior brain looking for a simple answer?

You see, when it all comes down to it, we are all like children. While we have HUGE complicated, mathematical, scientific explainations for things more simple and down to earth; all we can come up with to "why do we exist?" is just plain old: "to exist."

How about how we got here? Same deal. Very simple answer. An incredible, omniscent power called god created all life.

You know? I think we DO HAVE the capability of fathoming these answers. How would we be able to ponder them in the first place? The fact of the matter is, we just need to come up with our own answers for right now. I think eventually we'll be capable of coming up with REAL, educated answers. Hey, maybe after this whole 2012 thing happens we can do that!

After all, knowledge, like the universe, is infinate. There's probably more than one answer to why everything exists. There are probably infinate answers. I believe that things in this way will never conclude.

Keep thinking greatly,
P.Freaky
(Grace)

[edit on 8/17/2008 by ParaFreaky]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

why do we need a reasson to exsist or could our reasson for exsistnace be the eternal strugel to find a awnser to a question without a awnser

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Personally I dont think there is any reason for our existence. We just do. Life is what you make of it. Nor do I think we advance as a civilisation. We just create a new world for the new born to live in. But I also try not to look into it too much. It just plays with your head!

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
god/creator created us like his/her/it's probes to explore The Great Unknown Void of Nothingness and every possibilities of existence (t)here...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I can only theorize as to why the three dimensional universe exists. I believe that we exist on many more dimensions than just the four (3D + time) we are currently conscious of.

I believe that secretly, on a subconscious level, we are highly advanced. Outside of these three dimensions that make up the known universe, we exist in a realm of pure thought. But this realm is lacking because the ideas that we have are not permanent; they hold no substance.

I believe we created matter so that we can create and express our creativity and love for each other in a lasting (or somewhat lasting) environment.

If you dream of a castle, the castle disappears once you stop thinking of it. But if you build a castle, using brick or stone, it lasts, even after you walk away. It has substance.

Also, here in the 4D universe, we can vacation and experience time and events that are "more lasting" than the mere fantasies that exist outside of the four dimensions...So on Earth, I can experience a romantic vacation in Paris with the woman (or soul) of my dreams, and we can have souveniers in the form of pictures, and memories hard coded into neurons...and even children that may have come as a result!

My idea is that the universe exists so that we can "matter", so that we can have a real traceable history.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
All these questions just struck me last night. Everything i do everyday, it seems so natural... then i think, but what can such small things contribute to the universe, we must exist for a reason which means the universe must need us for something much greater than what we are doing now.

If so, is everything we are doing now worth anything? If there is anything after death then surely it is much more spiritual than what we are now, so why must we live through this life? There has to be something.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
god/creator created us like his/her/it's probes to explore The Great Unknown Void of Nothingness and every possibilities of existence (t)here...

Couldn,t agree with you more
. In my experience it is wise to see existence as a privilige, an enlightned state. Nothingness, although peacefull, is very boring. So for lack of possibilities, existence is "created" as an attempt to create "something" out of "nothing". What a feat.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I love when people talk about God and how the universe had to be created by him. In that case I ask: And who created God?? Why was he given the power to create us? I'm sure God wondered that himself.

And if he wasn't created, and he simple is, then we can also assume the Universe can also simply be.

I'm with the new theories on this that say the Universe is like a giant Donut, but not just a simple Donut, it is a vortex based Donut.

Marko Rodin came up with this theory, which is similar to the Donut universe but goes much deeper. He actually explains how everything exists, how everything is connected, and how if we move in a straight line throught the universe we end up back on Earth. It also explains why we rotate around the Sun. The Sun rotates around the Galaxy, and the Galaxy Rotates around a rotating Universe. It also explains the Universe is constantly renewing itself by destroying matter and creating new one, that's the purpose of black holes for example... They suck matter, grind it, and spitt it out the other side. It's an endless cycle.
So, every thing is born, lives and dies only to reborn again in this Universe.

Again, here's a link to this info:
video.google.com...

And it's not a scam like some sceptics say. People are testing his stuff like the "Rodin Coil" and it really works yet they cannot understand how it is possible

People are also connecting his work to the ancient cultures and they are realising they knew this all along.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I thought alot about "The Meaning Of Life" and this is my conclusion.

I have come to the conclusion that:

There is no objective meaning of life. There is no absolute reason we are all here.

There is only a subjective meaning of life. There is only a reason that YOU are here. What that reason is, is something that you have to find out for yourself. You have to find out why YOU are here. You must find what your purpose in this world is.

People have wonder for years upon years why we are here. We'll never know. So instead of dwelling on something so meta-physical i think people should dwell on something they can actually figure out and do something about. In my opinion we are here by chance, a cosmic "gift", if you will. And we, as people, must find out what we will do with this "gift" that we have been given. But as we have seen, unfortunately, certain things ingrained in human nature (greed, hate, ignorance etc etc.) have made it almost impossible for us to take this "gift" as a collective whole and make something more of it. So knowing that there has never and probably will never be something that can make all mankind band together for a greater cause you must find your personal greater cause, you must find something in your life that gives YOU meaning. Just my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by donhuangenaro

You hit it right on, but in mega short form. lol

Anything and everything is being explored, experienced and learned. The All That Is learns as we do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join