It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we. The Universe exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The Universe. Why do you exist? What does it mean for us to exist? Everything we do everyday, for what reason do we do it all for? is it that there is something even further out there that we want to exist like we want it to. Emotion, deap down, why does it exist? if it really didn't exist then there would be nothing because you could'nt comprehend the universe. If when we die we go to heaven/paradise why would we want to live through the universe with corrupt. We never think this deap down because we don't really understand for what reason we do any of it.

What happened before we were born? we didn't exist. So why would the universe want us to exist? We could go deaper and deaper and deaper. Thats the big question WHY? If there is something further up there, there had to be something before us to exist. Picture all of this. And look at it to a god. If he created us, why did he want to do it? was it to a game? A game to which we play everyday. If so, someone looks up to everyone of us as gods and you could do more and more and more.

Sorry if none of this made sense but what sense is it to us for the sense to look up to us. I am not in a state to check if i have good grammar. Thats a thing i find funny, people saying "you have bad GRAMMER." hah totally contradicted yourself. Goodbye. Once thats done. They no londer exist in your life. They do nothing to contribute to your existance. Then the queston now, is why am i writing this? for someone to steal it and change it to show that they said this speah instead of having me saying it. Making me hurt. WHY? why would i want that? It could be that i didn't say this? Maybe i didn't say this and it went further on as if i stole it. I hope you find this an interesting question.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Because g-d had a few questions he couldn't awnser so he set things up to get 2.5 Billion hairless apes typing away on the internet until every question was awnsered in an equal number of forums.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
But why would the hairless apes be writing this? Why did they have to exist to make this.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
To do one thing you cannot do unless you are there, to Experience, to learn from our experiences, and to constantly interact with each other to promote even yet more experiences.

You cannot truly learn without experiencing, we are G_Ds detactable eyes and ears, among other things.

Consider us actors in the biggest movie ever made.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
To learn to forgive yourself and everyone else that you thought that did you wrong. Then you can be your real self and be joyful and happy once again

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trance Optic
To do one thing you cannot do unless you are there, to Experience, to learn from our experiences, and to constantly interact with each other to promote even yet more experiences.

The underlying question is: to what purpose?
What is the point of experiencing, progressing, etc., whatever the explanation is?
The ULTIMATE point (not mode) of existence - what is it?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
To learn to forgive yourself and everyone else that you thought that did you wrong. Then you can be your real self and be joyful and happy once again

Again, to what purpose?
What is the ultimate point of existing AT ALL?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
That is the mystery of life. God created us and we dont know why we were created and for what purpose, finding the reason is every persons wish, but the answer cannot be found

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I understand EXACTLY what the OP is asking, or stating rather. This does not answer the question. I find it better to ask, what need is there for us to exist?

For example, people say abortion is evil. I say it has it's purpose, I do not agree with it, but can understand if someone chooses to abort a baby. They ask me, how would I feel if I were aborted. I say to them...I would not know, I would not have existed. Nothing would hurt me. I would not feel joy, or sorrow.

So, I ask...what need is there for us to exist? For us to learn and become better people? Why do I have to experience this, or become a better person? Why? To help someone else? But why do they exist? To help another?

If every single thing was never created, the emptiness would be totally peaceful. The existence of nothing, to me, is quite okay. Sure, I may not experience pizza, friendship, music etc...but it would not matter. None of it would matter...I would not exist. I would be nothing. It would not hurt me to not experience these things if I am nothing. So, why should we experience these things? For what exactly? What was so important that we, or anything had to be created? Were atoms, protons, electrons always there, and some of them sort of...evolved into what we see now? Then, if this is the case, we exist just because. If truly, we existed just because, then to me, that seems more reasonable, because there is no reason and no reason is required. But if it was not just because, if it was for a purpose...why create us, when our non-existence would not have any affect on anything? Is it because they wanted us to feel the positive and negative of all things? But, why? To learn, share, experience and help? Then it goes back, to why is that necessary?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Why do we exist? What purpose? Why does anything exist?

If I or someone else tell you an answer to that question, you have a choice: accept our answer and stop wondering why, or you can reject our answer.

Now comes the good part: only YOU can answer the question. No one else.

My personal belief is that we/universe don't exist. This is all an illusion.

What purpose does this illusion serve?
To see if you can pass the test.

What is the purpose of passing the test? We'll never know unless we pass it.

How do we pass it? By making up our own minds about what the purpose of existence is.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 16-8-2008 by harrytuttle]

[edit on 16-8-2008 by harrytuttle]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I suggest watching The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. In a funny and entertaining way, you'll come to understand that no one knows what the heck is really going on.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I know for a fact that my Wife's purpose for her existence is to torment me for the rest of eternity.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra

Again, to what purpose?
What is the ultimate point of existing AT ALL?

"The way in which the Though of Creation—which is to create a creature and fill it with delight—the way it functions in the universe and in creation is expressed through the law of equivalence of form. That is, that all of nature works on this law."

"The purpose of life is to create a creature and fill it with delight."

(but it's that we must do this... that's the hard part..)

try studying Kabbalah.

I came across it arbitrarily while running multiple google searches one night, on ALL the ideas and beliefs I had.. and they all kept bringing up Kabbalah.
So I watched tons of videos, and was pretty damned amazed at how perfectly congruent it was with my own beliefs I've had since as far as i can remember.

It's less of a Religion.. more of a "science of how everything works.."
a manual for mankind etc.. Creator being less of a personal personified diety.. more of scientific actuality of the conciousness of .. "everything", us being parts of the higher levels of that conciousness..

check it out.
i dare ya

intro - beginners - www.questionyourreality.com...
on that link .. in the menu - check out ""perception of reality" then "have we been here before? is reincarnation a reality?".. very interesting.

in depth cornucopia of data on the subject - www.kabbalah.info...
(thats a link to the one relevant to "the purpose of life" .. attaining Equivalence of Form with Creator, but I'd start with the First Episode.)
lots to absorb.

enjoy.

(and no . i didn't till recently know that Madonna and other crazy celebrities were all into the hoaky commercial versions.. which are looked down on by leaders of teaching the study)

-

[edit on 16-8-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by joecamel
So this can happen.

woah..
is that the same black cat I just saw? just saw?... just saw?.... just saw?.....

-

[edit on 16-8-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
God is a student and we are a science experiment.
Create Life, give them rules, see if they understand FAITH.
Let them do as they will. When the experiment is done, those that didnt' have Faith will perish, those that did will be preserved / rewarded.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
My consideration is that Consciousness, being All, is ever interested in novelty, and has developed more and more complex ways to experience this novelty. With billions of individuals on this planet alone, Consciousness experiences novelty to a vast extent. Add the other complex developments elsewhere in the Universe, and Consciousness has a nearly infinite range of novelty coming in.

[shrug] That's my own humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Byakuya

I truly am not trying to be clever when I say this:

If and until you can prove that we and the universe actually DO exist, your question is moot.
There is no point in crossing that bridge now.

Or the answer to life, the universe and everything is: 42

[edit on 8/16/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Am I the only one who's getting tired of "why are we here?" threads?

No one here knows!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join