It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

name the disater that will bring the Anti-Christ to power.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.
suite case nuke which will spark WW3 and will fight against Russia.

It'll happen soon.

The propaganda has already been spread to make people expect something like that and immediately suspect terrorists using old Soviet portable nukes. Of course I will not believe it, especially after the false flag attack on 9/11.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In the traditional sense of an Anti-Christ (AC) it'd be much easier for AC to come during a time of peace than in a time of trouble and turmoil. He/she will then not need to show any type of malice/evil toward humanity. During peace and prosperity, the majority care less and are careless of what is done in their name provided their happiness is unaffected.

Personally, I think AC is as any messiah, God has stated AC's coming hence we can do nothing to prevent it. Likewise, we can do nothing to alter God's stated outcome of AC's actions. Like any messiah, AC will teach us something. AC is neither good nor bad, AC will just do the job God has bid of him.

I think, AC is the final chance for the majority of humans to change from being self-servers to sharers who consider the needs of others equally to their own. For example, most prefer to see others suffer than to suffer themselves - how many of us would steal food from another or not give to another whilst knowing that that other will starve to death unless the food is shared? How many of us justify such actions by concocting an idea of punishment (of the other) for (the other's) irresponsibility e.g he/she doesn't deserve it because...

Of course, I'm not saying we must follow AC (here I mean AC in the traditional sense as an evil character whom despises God); I am saying that God, the omnipotent all powerful existence, saw/sees/and will be reviewing AC as a necessary smoldering, red-hot poker for man (and woman) who will teach us a lesson we require to be taught.

One more thought: did God once state that God would never again destroy/sterilize the Earth? If God did state that then wouldn't AC be a good loophole?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
9/11, Brought George Bush unrivaled power.

Why keep looking for a new devil when you have the old one?

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It happens like this:

Bush and Putin resolve the curent situation peacefully, come to a peace treaty in the Middle East, Bin Laden is Caught, Pakistan puts a very liberal president in office, Iran overthrows the Ayatollah in a peaceful protest, China announces it will use it's new economic and military might to help feed the worlds poor, the world relieved releases the US from it's debt, Isreal frees the palestinians and shares the holy land...

That day, the last day of Bush's term in office, Happy about all the peaceful resolution in the world Bush and Cheeny go out on the White House Lawn and have a few drinks...a peaceful toast to celebrate... Peace On Earth

After a couple of drinks Bush and Cheeny talk over old college memories and they both recall the Joys of a nice game of football, Bush reaches down... slightly tipsy grabs a football and tosses it to Cheeny

Cheeny runs out for the pass and realizes that Drunk... Bush has accidently tossed the Nuclear Football...

he gasps and leaps for the ball but in panic trips... the ball flys past him hitting a small tree...

they rush over and see that the Nuclear Fotball has shorted out...

Over their heads... smoke trails from launching missiles are seen...

Far away: A man with black eyes sitting in the desert surrounded by rattlesnakes smiles and stands to go find his followers

[edit on 19-8-2008 by mopusvindictus]

[edit on 19-8-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
"It is a wicked and adulterous generation that seeks after a sign, yet no sign will be given them except, the sign of Jonah" "As Jonah was in the belly of a whale 3 days and 3 nights, so must the son of man be in the belly of the earth"

Forgive them father for they know not what they do...

The lamb will become the lion...for they are one in the same.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
in one single word, Christianity.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The bible talks about a big earthquake. Maybe an earthquake that causes massive tidal waves throughout the world destroying major cities and ports around the world.

Does anyone know if it is even possible to have an earthquake that would shake the whole planet?

Some of the ones mentioned in previous posts are very thought provoking and a couple are very humorous. But all are welcomed.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
So I guess the world will not end in 2012 since there hasn't been a 7 year peace treaty. Unless there is some treaty in place that I don't know about?

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
The bible talks about a big earthquake. Maybe an earthquake that causes massive tidal waves throughout the world destroying major cities and ports around the world.

Does anyone know if it is even possible to have an earthquake that would shake the whole planet?

Some of the ones mentioned in previous posts are very thought provoking and a couple are very humorous. But all are welcomed.

The earthquake is of the flesh. You are made of earth. It will be a quaking of the flesh when his words are literally spoken to you, because you will not know where it is coming from being unprepared.

Unless you seek, you will not find, Unless you knock, the door will not be opened to you, unless you ask, you will not receive...

The word was not written in English, it was written in Hebrew and Greek and unless you read it from these languages, understanding they have no "tense"(past,future), but are always present, the veil is not torn from your understanding. Men interpret these events for you, God has left it up to you to see the truth. I hope these words help you to understand. Peace

G4578 seismos sice-mos'
from G4579;
a commotion, i.e. (of the air) a gale, (of the ground) an earthquake:--earthquake, tempest.

G4579 seio si'-o
apparently a primary verb;
to rock (vibrate, properly, sideways or to and fro), i.e. (generally) to agitate
(in any direction; cause to tremble); figuratively, to throw into a tremor (of
fear or concern):--move, quake, shake.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
So I guess the world will not end in 2012 since there hasn't been a 7 year peace treaty. Unless there is some treaty in place that I don't know about?

You will find nowhere in the word, is there ever spoken of a "7 year peace treaty", nor will you find a "year" to co-inside with your understanding as such. Sevens were given, not years. Understand what a Seven is and you will begin to see the truth. Trust not in the scribes or your pastors, only you can reveal the truth to you. Throw away your bible for indeed, it is sweet in your mouth, but bitter in your stomach. Seek first the kingdom of God, then all else shall be given to you.

You will not find nuclear weapons, a U.N. Anti-Christ army, in-plantable bio chips (a.k.a mark) bar code tatoos, alien invasions, a leader who gets shot in the head, etc. etc. etc.

These things men have made. They are sensational and made up by men, for men, but none are the truth. They are made to control you and keep you asleep. Now is the time to be waking up out of your dreams and finding the truth that it may "set you free".

"Could you not stay awake with me one hour?" "Now has come the time for the Christ to be given into the hands of men"

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
in one single word, Christianity.

"Truly, I have not found such faith in all of Yisrael..."

He came in his fathers name, "Self existent" to give life to those who seek it, and his name is "Self existent is salvation"

"As my father has given to me to have life within myself, so have I given it to you"

A disciple is one who is being disciplined as a disobedient child needs discipline.

Those who discipline them selves are not in need of the discipleship of Christ, having been accounted worthy by they're father in heaven.

"Many will come to me in that day saying, Lord....I will reply to them, away with you, you workers of iniquity" "there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth"

"I came ONLY to seek the lost sheep of Yisrael"

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

You will find nowhere in the word, is there ever spoken of a "7 year peace treaty", nor will you find a "year" to co-inside with your understanding as such. Sevens were given, not years. Understand what a Seven is and you will begin to see the truth.

Here is an example from Genesis 29 that uses the words "week" and "seven" to denote seven years. So, it is not hard to understand the use of Seven in Daniel to describe a period of seven years.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

[FONT=Book Antiqua]18Now Jacob loved Rachel, so he said, "I will serve you seven years for your younger daughter Rachel."
20So Jacob served seven years for Rachel and they seemed to him but a few days because of his love for her.
21Then Jacob said to Laban, Rachel as his wife. [/FONT]

Here is an example from Genesis 29 that uses the words "week" and "seven" to denote seven years. So, it is not hard to understand the use of Seven in Daniel to describe a period of seven years.
[edit on 21-8-2008 by jmdewey60]

Daniel had to contemplate Jeremiah, in order to understand what was being spoken of.

Peace

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081

Do you mean "the world as we know it"? The scriptures say the world will never pass away.

Not sure where you are coming from there sir.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
appreciate all the contributions. NOTurTypical, a special thank you to you for helping me understand some things on a different thread.

I guess if you believe in God you believe that all of these things will happen that will lead to a one world leader and the return of Christ.

I guess if you don't believe in God you believe that all of these things will happen that will lead to a one world leader and life will continue as is.

Guess the bottom line is who is right.

I believe in Christ and this thread has helped me to realize that I shouldn't worry about how the Anti-Christ will come to power.

I should instead focus my energy on what it will take to get into God's kingdom.

I guess my fascination with gloom and doom has always gotten the best of me. Probably even drilled into me by the constant barrage of bad news I hear all around me.

I will come like a thief in the night.

This phrase alone tells me that no one can predict exactly how things will transpire in the coming years or when Christ will return.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Quote [erect a statue of the person]

It actually says image which could be a cloned person ..or a petri dish person lol or a holographic image of a person ....or something to that effect ...or could even just be an magic trick to make you believe he was wounded and healed but was not ..............not necessarily a statue .....

As far as the question the poster asked ..
Supposed Alien invasion(whether real or fabricated or illusions of one (Holographic images)
War with any country which may be willing to actually be bold enough to push that button ..etc etc ...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
Being raised a christian and thru 50 some years I think it's a bunch of crap,I never heard of Anti Christ until recent years,I for one do not believe

This is a prime example of why Christianity has such a bad name. If we don't read our Bibles, we should keep quiet because we don't know what we are talking about.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
Throw away your bible for indeed, it is sweet in your mouth, but bitter in your stomach. Seek first the kingdom of God, then all else shall be given to you.

I would have to completely disagree. Yes, finding out the true interpretations of the bible in Greek and Hebrew is important, but to say we should throw away them away is not right to say the least.

"If you continue in my word . . . you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." -- Jesus (John 8:31-32 RSV)

To me, a person who says the *english* bible is twisted and false is wrong, and in themselves are lacking faith for God. Do you honestly believe a God as great and powerful as ours, one who would send his only son as a perfect sacrifice for all our lives would let his holy scripture, one that millions of people would depend on means of obtaining a relationship with him, would let the bible be skewed and misinterpreted generally on such a mass scale that we would all end up in hell because we never read the greek and hebrew?
I do not think so. Our God is a loving one, and everything resides within his power. I don't think he would let an issue this big slide, and let thousands of english-only reading people perish. Our God is a great God, and loves us.
I know there are many alternate and more deeper meanings in the original greek context, but not all of us have access to it. Seeking first the kingdom of God INCLUDES reading his word, English or Hebrew. Our relationship with God is important, the most important thing in our life, because we need to know him, and he wants to personally get to know us, but the Bible is also a resource for us to use as much as we can. To say throw it out is wrong.

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
For(Home)Country good post ...

I would even add that I believe the bible is like our diary (as an example) ,History book ,road map and love letter from God to us ...

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Here is something interesting to ponder...and I know it doesnt help if you already are set in a particular belief system...

...but what you focus on tends to happen.
And what happens is only good or bad depending on your perspective and view point you take on it.

Its kind of weird, but if you could see clearly the beliefs of the various people on earth - it would seem that some people are living in hell, while others are in heaven, but all in the same location called earth. - It is what you make it.

Again, thats just an example...words pointing beyond themselves...nothing in and of themselves. (i.e., no new belief systems, nothing to defend...just pointers.)

Peace

dAlen

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join