It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

name the disater that will bring the Anti-Christ to power.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I am a firm believer that the anti-Christ is among us awaiting the moment to ascend to power. He will unite the world like never before. However in order to unite the world I feel the world must share a common goal that supersedes all others. I believe that this goal would come about due to a disaster or situation that brings the whole world to its knees.

I feel that a nuclear war would be the perfect disaster but I don't feel like this will be the case.

What other disasters or situations could put the world in such a predicament that we would abandon our sovereignty and allow the anti-Christ to come to power?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

the anti-Christ is among us awaiting the moment to ascend to power.

I think the anti-Christ is already in power and what is going on is the power of the people being diminished.
The final collapse of civil rights will come with marshal law being declared.
Right now, we have a war with Russia looming over us.
That is as good as anything to bring it about.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Who is the anti-Christ you speak about? I think Russia is just showing the world that they are back to play a major role in the world, for good or bad.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

prophecy sates pretty clearly that
(1st) the person who will become the anti-christ will cause a 7 year 'peace' treaty to be signed or entered into. That future peace treaty will involve Israel and 'others': the others may well include the peoples of Palestine, Iran, Syria, or the Saudi kingdom to cite a few opponents of the nation Israel.

(2nd) the person who was the 'peace maker' suddenly receives a mortal head-wound... (think about a sniper, ala' Oswald) however the head-wound is not fatal/terminal.... the false prophet along with the miraculous survivor then erect a statue of the person who survived the assassination attempt, yet lived.... and that's exactly When the anti-christ is 'revealed'...

but i guess only 'revealed' to the surviving and diminishing Christian community... because most of the world worships the anti-christ and receives the 'Mark', after (1) & (2) become a reality

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by jmdewey60

Who is the anti-Christ you speak about? I think Russia is just showing the world that they are back to play a major role in the world, for good or bad.

Those New World Order people.
Russia was over run by the NWO when the USSR broke up.
Now they have plenty of oil money and threw out those people.
These crazy power-mad people do not like it.
Right now, we have a military advantage because of advanced precision weapons.
They are not going to wait around for the Russians to catch up.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is an interesting question.

Personally, I don't believe in an Anti-Christ in that he will be an individual who consciously opposes the Abrahamic God(s).

But many people speculate of a New World Order, or organization of sorts, that is running things behind the scenes and wants to finalize their control. Many people believe this will be brought about by a fake alien invasion, or a false end times scenario in which holograms lead the people of the world to believe that their Gods have returned. When this occurs, the "Gods" will tell the people they have interpreted the world holy scriptures incorrectly, and then they will clarify them for us. This invasion and/or return of our honored ancient gods will be the catalyst for getting everyoe on the "One World" movement.

I don't think it will necessarily be a bad thing, well just have to wait and see.

Could also be a war tho, as the earlier person mentioned regarding Russia.

what are your thoughts, OP?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Why worry about such things? God will bring about such events on his own terms and I dont believe he wants us to fret about disaster or an anti-christ.
Furthermore, trying to predict future event is pretty much a waste of time. What we have is here and now.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well, if God didn't want us to ponder it I don't think he would have written an entire book called Revelations to expound upon it

He, if he exists, would most certainly want us paying attention. Otherwise we get caught off guard, deceived, and then sent to BBQ ala Satan for a while until he wipes us from existence.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Taj Mikel

There may very well be people who are running the show. But I feel one person will speak on their behalf.

The disaster I think is something like a plague or famine that will greatly reduce the world population. People will be desperate in their hope for survival. This is when that one person will step in and save the world. The world will in return see him as a hero and leader. Nobody would be able to go against him cause he saved the world. His influence among all people will put him in power and everybody will blindly follow. This is when I feel he will start advocating peace and harmony throughout the world.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Wholly agreed!

Assuming it's not a miracle (simultaneous visions of respective gods all over the world), then the invasion theory could create this scenario as well.

ETs come in, blast us up a bit, we fight back a bit, get blasted even harder, then enter the false saviour to come out with new technologies and tactics to drive the aliens back.

Of course, many that subscribe to this theory believe the ETs will be working with the deceitful governments(antichrist) and so they war will be mainly for show, to get us all scared and united under one idividual, the antichrist.

Only way to know is to wait, I suppose!

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
anti doesn't have to be "opposite"...

in this context it's actually meant to be "in the place of Christ"

a "fore-runner" if you will.

and I don't think the second coming is going to be what you think it is...

someone ELSE coming from heaven to save you from yourself or others.

it's going to be a physical change within each of us.
revealing the Christ within us all.

and on praying...

i think trying to pray to god for him to do favors for you is akin to the way a misbehaving child attempts to manipulate his parent to do things for his own benefit.

-

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

There may very well be people who are running the show. But I feel one person will speak on their behalf.

The image of the beast could be someone who is just a front-man, or what we would call, now, a puppet.
The French Premier Markosi could be the horn that wounds the whore but later brings it back. As in Napoleon and the revolution threw out the Church, then later, now that the Holy Roman Empire has returned, we have the French leader bringing back the Church's power.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

World War 3. Which will start when Israel bombs the Iranian nuclear sites.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Being raised a christian and thru 50 some years I think it's a bunch of crap,I never heard of Anti Christ until recent years,I for one do not believe

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
Being raised a christian and thru 50 some years I think it's a bunch of crap,I never heard of Anti Christ until recent years,I for one do not believe

Then you didn't read your Bible. I call your bluff. Other than God and Jesus Christ the antichrist is the 3rd most prophesied/talked about person in the entire Bible.

More than Moses, Abraham, Peter, Paul, John, et cetra.

I'm calling your bluff.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The anti christ comes when technology overpowers humanity and therfore either kills all of the human race or bombs us back to the stone age

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Please do this for yourselves...scripture4all.org.... You can download it free. It is a word for word translation of the Hebrew and Greek and if you don't believe this is important, then humor me.

All of the words in the bible have meanings that go way deeper then what the English words are giving you and without the proper understanding of things you will be fooled. I am not putting anyone down. I know there are people that are wholly dedicated to study and are very knowledgeable, but it is like trying to get the gist or fully understanding. The gist is good, but you can become confused on the details very easily.

I promise if you do this, you will not only have a deeper understanding of what is going on, but you will also have a deeper understanding of who the lord is.

All of this end times stuff is not what most of you believe it to be and you can only find this out for yourselves.

Revelations is "The Revealing of Jesus Christ", not the end of the world. The anti-christ is ANYONE against "Self existent is salvation". This book was written to wake "self existent is salvation" in you.

Even if you do not want to study how the bible was put together, to see how it is politically altered for control, if you take true interest in it, please for your sakes, study the direct translations.

"If it were possible, even the elect would be fooled". The elect is a small group, enough that a child can count them..."Many are called, few are chosen" You all have been called, but only you can chose, and so few will out of the hardness of their hearts thinking they are above being the "Anti-Christ". Stop looking for who it will be. If your looking for a man to hang it on...that has already been done.

All of the things, some of you are speaking of, has nothing to do with the bible, but is manufactured by Hal Lindsey, Lahaye and the likes.

If you trust the word, how much better is it to know the word. Ever try to communicate to some one in a language you speak only tiny amounts of. You might be able to ask where the bathroom is and partially understand their response, only to end up in a back ally. It is the same here. Without the words, directly translated, you will end up in the back ally. Please don't let your pride tell you, you can't be fooled. You can and have been, I bare witness to this myself and I am only telling you guys this because I care that you know. Peace

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
suite case nuke which will spark WW3 and will fight against Russia.

It'll happen soon.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Personally I think the turning point will be when the entire population of the planet all FART at the same time. It will be the end of life as we know it. Mark my words brothers and sisters. "Mark My Words."

[edit on 8/19/08 by SlytOfHnd]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join