It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Caught Red Handed Falsely Using Footage To Vilify Russia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I found this article from Russia Today...Today.

www.russiatoday.com...

Make what you will of it. I'm not sure we're capable of deciphering what is and isn't propaganda. This information war has gotten so murky it's hard to tell who did what and where.

I suppose the only way we can do this is to ask someone who lives in Gori if the entire City is badly damaged, and who is responsible.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

You're not surprised because that is what you want to believe.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
It seems I'm not the only one that disagrees with you.
By the way, I truly don't understand your "TrueAmerican" name. Last time I checked, True Americans don't support countries that threaten the United States and their allies...

The world would be kind of boring if we all agreed.

As to my name, it's just a name borrowed from the headstock of my Guild True American series guitar. There, I hope you feel empowered now. :shk:

In addition, one minute you claim thousands killed in South Ossetia, and then another minute you post a new thread saying it was only 45 killed. Maybe you should get your facts straight before going off the deep end, in your undying support of the Russian thugs.

I report it as I get it, good or bad. I am just as skeptical about all the reports as any of you, and I have stated my neutrality many times over. And from that standpoint, the Russian reporting seems more believable to me, because there are just too many inconsistencies with the western reporting, STARTING with their attempt to blanket cover the media with "Russia attacks Georgia." There's a lie from the very get go, and I'll be damned if I'm going to believe the rest without careful scrutiny.

If reporting what little apparent truth there is in this whole mess is treason to you, then you are no better than those who are lying in the first place. And stop with the personal attacks, or I'll have to call Mr. Fixit.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
So who is complaining about high gas prices? Who is also complaining about the war for oil? Pick one guys. Do you want oil and war or not? How long is it going to take before the relationship between the two is seen?

A bumper sticker that U.S. diplomats distributed around Central Asia in the 1990s summed up Washington's strategic thinking: "Happiness is multiple pipelines."

"But there's one place -- Russia -- where reserve estimates just seem to go up and up. In its annual statistical survey of world energy, BP PLC (BP ) has recently revised its estimates of Russia's total proven oil reserves to 69.1 billion barrels, 6% of the world's total, up from 45 billion bbl. in 2001. But according to auditors with a worm's-eye view of what's actually going on in the depths of Siberia, such estimates may just scratch the surface of Russia's real potential."
-Business weekly

"A U.S.-backed oil pipeline runs through Georgia, allowing the West to reduce its reliance on Middle Eastern oil while bypassing Russia and Iran.

The dispute makes the Bush administration the middleman between a promising ally it wants to help and the powerful former adversary next door whose help it needs."
-San francisco Chronicle

Which is it America? Bomb the Russians who were trying to help? Or tell the people who are giving you oil to stop what they are doing.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Propaganda or not, the people in the United States need to realize their own government is going to stage the steps to the next World War.

W/help alongside from Extremists from the middle east lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1

I really don't care if CNN got the cities names wrong in their video, the fact of the matter is Russian troops are killing and raping Georgian civilains, looting homes and businesses and leaving cities and towns in ruins.

Where do you hear that the Russian Army was raping civilians? From Saakashvili? I'm sure he'd say anything to vilify those that are counter-attacking his country. The fact is, none of this has been verified. The only reports that I've seen have been of "irregulars" committing these atrocities. It's horrendous that things such as these are taking place, but don't blame it on Russian troops, because it's not so ... at least there's no verifiable proof. Spouting such rhetoric is no better than CNN.

Can you really blame a television network stationed in Atlanta Georgia 6000 miles away from the battle to get towns named correctly when the Russians have jammed air and internet communications out of theater?

Yeah I can expect them to get the towns names right. THAT'S THERE JOBS!

I will take CNN for now, at least they are not killing unarmed civilians!

Where's your outcry at the U.S. about Iraqi civilians being killed?. Here's a conservative estimate. Here's another that's not so conservative. Say we use the conservative estimate ...
2003: 12,035 - 2004: 10,655 - 2005: 14,688 - 2006: 24,260 - 2007: 24,260. Yes, terrorists are a contributing factor to these totals, but if you think insurgents can kill this number of civilians per year, your crazy.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Russia Today is a lieng russian branwashing news channel!
Dont belive what they say

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Georgia's borders are recognized by the UN and the entire free world.

So were the borders of Serbia, Sudan (remember the bombing) and Iraq, your point?

It has a free press.

And whose word do you have for that? Saakashvili, or his lobbyist in Washigton DC, now an adviser to McCain?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Could anyone tell me when the CNN report aired, supposedly showing the destruction of Gori. Date, time and program?

[edit on 18-8-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
New video: Russia says CNN again falsely reporting Russian tanks on the move towards Tbilisi, when in fact it was Russians who had discovered abandoned battle-ready tanks and other weapons, and were driving the tanks to safer areas so they wouldn't be stolen by some civilian madman.

Hang on a second. If the Russians are not getting closer to Tbilisi, how are they finding the supposedly abandoned tanks to begin with?

Thanks CNN for bringing us the news- unfair and unbalanced.

Why do you automatically believe the Russian media over CNN? Why is the Russian media suddenly a truthful agency?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I can't believe how some people actually believe that the American government is not in on this. This reeks of U.S. interferance. They have a small country, namely Georgia, in their back pocket. What an ideal location for a strategic military post for the U.S. That's quite a coincidence.

The U.S. government, through media propoganda is blaming Russia for this "war", yet it was Georgia who instigated it.

Then, you have the famous presidential speeches which ooze hypocracy. "Bullying and intimidation are not acceptable ways to conduct foreign policy in the 21st century," Bush said. Uhm... isn't that what the U.S. has been doing? i.e. Iraq, Afghanistan & Iran. Except the U.S. wouldn't dare attack Russia directly, so they use their puppets, like Georgia, to do it for them.

This is absolutely another strategic move by the U.S. to establish a stronghold in the European and Asian continents.

They then sign a treaty with Poland regarding the missile defence system, thus ensuring a military presence in the area.

Like Iraq, with it's weapons of mass destruction that never exhisted, the media is now portraying Russia as the aggressor when in actuality they are the defenders of this war. Which in my mind, and I'm sure many others, is orchestrated by the U.S.

The sleeping giant, or in this case the sleeping bear (Russia), has been awoken.

Like my father used to say, "Every empire must fall". Ottoman empire, German empire, French empire, Roman empire, and so on. It's only a matter of time before the U.S. empire follows suit. Let's hope it's later rather than sooner, because I doubt it's going to be a gracefull fall.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Im glad this is getting out. At some point people will realize they are getting duped by the TV news channel and come to the Internet for some real discussions about the news with unbiased people.

Hopefully before the Internet gets controlled and censored.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Mostly because the incident involved their country ... not America. I would think they would be in a better position to get the facts straight. Remember ... Russia was the original victim with Georgia being the aggressor. That doesn't justify the force that Russia countered with, but certainly Georgia should have anticipated such.

Just as they will with any situation, American media will spin any event they possibly can in order to accomplish U.S. agenda. Siding with Georgia only increases America's control and influence in the region around Iran.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Why do you automatically believe the Russian media over CNN? Why is the Russian media suddenly a truthful agency?

I didn't automatically believe anything, and in fact I am skeptical of both sides of the reporting. But after watching hours of videos and reading tons of articles on this, as well as following all the threads on ats, I am inclined to believe more of what they are saying. That's my choice, but certainly doesn't have to be yours.

Russia today did an interview with the cameraman about the footage in question, and it seemed pretty believable to me. I posted that video in this thread, 1rst page. What has CNN done to counter this accusation? Nothing that I have seen so far.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

Mostly because the incident involved their country ... not America. I would think they would be in a better position to get the facts straight. Remember ... Russia was the original victim with Georgia being the aggressor....

All of that does not point to them being in a better position to "get the facts straight." In fact, it points to the opposite. They would be more suspect of producing propaganda.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Russia today did an interview with the cameraman about the footage in question, and it seemed pretty believable to me. I posted that video in this thread, 1rst page. What has CNN done to counter this accusation? Nothing that I have seen so far.

Could you please tell me when the video aired? Time, date and program?

I'm in a position (due to the company I work for) to look at the original broadcast. I'd prefer to look at the original broadcast (captured the moment it aired, so there would be no chance of post-air editing) than a clip posted on YouTube.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This site has a few videos from the war and also the interview with the cameraman that filmed the video in question. war.georgia.su...
I found it last night while looking around for this subject and I found it interesting.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I am not sure. But I will provide you with the contact page at Russia Today in case you'd like to give them your real name and email so you can contact them and ask.

www.russiatoday.com...

In fact, since you're in a position to make some kind of call on this, it would seem you could just pick up the phone and make that call, no?

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
More new video: Russian tanks push right through georgian police cars attempting to block them in.

In all fairness, this new video shows CNN reporting what appears to be much more neutrally.

New video: Can anyone make heads or tails of this, and see if it has anything to do with this story?

It is apparently Russian peace keepers that get into a scuffle with Georgian police or military, not sure. Titled "RUSSIAN MILITARY ATTACK GEORGIA!!!" but again, not sure what the heck is going on here.

Another video of CNN and Fox using footage to make their false case against Russia, which I don't think I have posted on this thread, but very worthwhile watching.

[edit on 18-8-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
you gotta love the internet it can be such a force for good, more and more people are becoming more aware of the world and the few who see the truth through all the crap can spread the word to many. Keep up the good work.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join