It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Caught Red Handed Falsely Using Footage To Vilify Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
nice work...

the truth shall set you free...

Does ANYBODY know the POWERBROKER who financed and placed Saakashvili into power?

The Puppet Masters Behind
Georgia President Saakashvili
abundanthope.net...

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1

This is outright CNN media propaganda and lies. When confronted they are likely just to call it a mistake. Mistake my ass.

They know exactly what they are doing, just like every other western media outlet who has attempted to show this war as Russian aggression.

There is clearly some malevolent political and media conspiracy here to demonize Russia, but the astute are not falling for it.

The fact of the matter is that Gori is not in ruins. Tskhinvali is.

I really don't care if CNN got the cities names wrong in their video, the fact of the matter is Russian troops are killing and raping Georgian civilains, looting homes and businesses and leaving cities and towns in ruins.

You can not blame CNN for the war crimes the Russian military have committed in the past 10 days.

I am not sure what your political agenda here is but it's clearly not democratic with this thread...

Beleive it or not but there are rules to war and the Russian soldiers have ignored these rules by killing unarmed civilians and these killing have been captured on video.

Can you really blame a television network stationed in Atlanta Georgia 6000 miles away from the battle to get towns named correctly when the Russians have jammed air and internet communications out of theater?

Information coming out of Georgia is heavly sensored by the Soviets and who in the hell are we to beleive, CNN or the Russians?

I will take CNN for now, at least they are not killing unarmed civilians!

I agree.Im certainly not going to listen to the Russians since they have no credibility.They never had any to begin with since the end of the Cold War.I will also not listen to russian sympathizers like Global research since they are very anti-western and anti-american.The Russians never went to the UN for this.Speaking of which wheres the condemnation of Russia about this?None.Silence.Just like Darfur.Russia will lose this propaganda war just like how they lost the Cold war.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Man, not another lie like 911. I haven't followed this thing closely so I don't know. I'm sick to death of hearing about war.

Next thing you know Russia will be flying planes into buildings like al queda supposedly did. And Bush will have himself locked into office. The big mighty Bush who doesn't back down!

Troy

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by SIRR1

If you do not accurately know the information, do not report as if you do.

Simple as that.

What part did I get wrong.

Russian troops killing civilians or looting homes and business?

Musslewhite, Wag the Dog? Please, the Soviets attacked on the opening day of the Chicom games 8-8-08.

The Russians used the games to cover their invasion, hell it took two days for the world to figure out which Georgia the Russians were attacking.

Wag the dog, come on you can do better!

As far as the media or news coming out of South Ossetia or Georgia it's not really front page news here in the states because the Soviets won't allow independant news services in.

And the news crews that do get into the area are gunned down by Russian regular forces, such bravery shooting at unarmed media crews.

Love and Kisses
SIRR1

this is a perfect example of exactly the type of poster that there should be some rules about. you enter a thread, say a bunch of inflamatory crap backed up by nothing. then post after post either asks you to back it up, or just corrects your lies and misinfo, then you do not respond until there is something personal to attack with. yet you still wasted an entire post completely ignoring the people all asking you to back up anything that you say, or provide evidence or links, or make some sense.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justice11
The Russians never went to the UN for this.

Yeah, maybe cause people were getting killed and something needed to be done THEN? This is like if the State of Montana after secession started killing still loyal US citizens in an area, and the US military intervened. Like they were about to consult the UN first?l

Speaking of which wheres the condemnation of Russia about this?None.Silence.Just like Darfur.Russia will lose this propaganda war just like how they lost the Cold war.

The condemnation of Russia over its retribution is all over MSM. Not sure how you could have missed that if you've been following this situation.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by re22666

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by SIRR1

If you do not accurately know the information, do not report as if you do.

Simple as that.

What part did I get wrong.

Russian troops killing civilians or looting homes and business?

Musslewhite, Wag the Dog? Please, the Soviets attacked on the opening day of the Chicom games 8-8-08.

The Russians used the games to cover their invasion, hell it took two days for the world to figure out which Georgia the Russians were attacking.

Wag the dog, come on you can do better!

As far as the media or news coming out of South Ossetia or Georgia it's not really front page news here in the states because the Soviets won't allow independant news services in.

And the news crews that do get into the area are gunned down by Russian regular forces, such bravery shooting at unarmed media crews.

Love and Kisses
SIRR1

this is a perfect example of exactly the type of poster that there should be some rules about. you enter a thread, say a bunch of inflamatory crap backed up by nothing. then post after post either asks you to back it up, or just corrects your lies and misinfo, then you do not respond until there is something personal to attack with. yet you still wasted an entire post completely ignoring the people all asking you to back up anything that you say, or provide evidence or links, or make some sense.

Russia aka the Soviet Union,has always been a bully and has been a police state since 1917 when the communists took power.In the 1930s Stalin purged his own military ranks of thousands if not millions of officers so as to make the military was not a threat to him.Yes the we allied with Stalin during WW2 but after the cold war ended,is when many in the West found out the true extend of Stalin grip.The KGB was the intelligence arm of the Soviet Union.Putin used be KGB.Therefore anything that comes out of his mouth is bull# to us cold war warriors.
So russia has a history of instilling terror and fear and silencing dissent political or otherwise.Russian mafioso gangs run South Ossetia and indeed Russia as well.
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings on this world.Theres no twisting of words about it.We will not become a communist autocracy.We know the dangers of these Russians.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by Justice11]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
A website that always takes the anti-American point of view quoting from a Russian media source. Russia does not have a free press so all their reports are exactly what the Russian government wants reported.

There have been reporters reporting from Gori for days on numerous sources about the bombing and damage. Live footage of the bombing was aired and there are reporters there as we post.

Is the new motto of ATS "Define Ignorance"?

Georgia's borders are recognized by the UN and the entire free world. It is a Democracy with an elected government. It has a free press. The so called "Break Away" areas are inside of Georgia's Borders. Russia interfered with and probably caused a civil war. Simply awarding the label Russian Citizens to one side in a civil war does not give part ownership of Georgia to Russia. Russia has invaded a sovereign nation and is ignoring the cease fire it agreed too.

The concept that Russian Leaders and the US Government are in a conspiracy on this invasion of Georgia is probably the most outlandish bunch of crap I've ever seen on ATS.

Hating Bush is one thing, but this is proof of a total lapse in even the most basic ability to apply logic to a subject.

[edit on 8/17/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Yeah, maybe cause people were getting killed and something needed to be done THEN? This is like if the State of Montana after secession started killing still loyal US citizens in an area, and the US military intervened. Like they were about to consult the UN first?l

Speaking of which wheres the condemnation of Russia about this?None.Silence.Just like Darfur.Russia will lose this propaganda war just like how they lost the Cold war.

The condemnation of Russia over its retribution is all over MSM. Not sure how you could have missed that if you've been following this situation.

I have been following it and Russia has no leg to stand on.The Ukraine,Poland,and georgia stand with the West.Russia will have to get used to it.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Americans have been duped by our free press.WAKE UP sheeple.I am as right wing as it gets, RaRa flag waving American and Russia is the good guy on this one.Turn off your TVs, for god sakes.You are being lied to on every channel!.......

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
When this is over, if this is over.
We will have a field day exposing the lies of the western media.
Because there will be hundreds of Georgians and South Osetians who have taken there own footage of it all but still are unable to get it out to anyone.
Not to mention things like surveillance cameras etc which we are starting to see footage of popup on youtube from shops being looted.
The truth will eventually come out about all this, that is if it doesn't end up worse.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite

Reuters caught with 'fake' pictures from Georgia --Media war against Russia 10 Aug 2008 This morning one can read on the BBC news site -- Reuters agency posts horrible pictures of Russian bombardments of allegedly civilian residential buildings. But what if you take a closer look? [See: A Georgian man cries next to his brother's body in the town of Gori, 80 km (50 miles) from Tbilisi, August 9, 2008. REUTERS/David Mdzinarishvili. Here he is again, alone still with some clothes on, or may be he got changed. The man in the checkered shirt keeps returning!]
russia-insider.livejournal.com...

OMG, still reading but that looks absolutely disgusting!! are they using actors or what?!? this is a new one for me, I always assumed they'd die before letting us find out whats going on, but to use actors for pictures, to promote their propaganda??

EMM

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Georgia's borders are recognized by the UN and the entire free world. It is a Democracy with an elected government.

Hitler was elected also.As for democracy there is little of that in Georgia and there was little before the war.

It has a free press.

This is a joke right?...right

The so called "Break Away" areas are inside of Georgia's Borders. Russia interfered with and probably caused a civil war

Not really.The region had autonomy with rules.There was an agrement signed by the 2 sides on paper by Russia and Georgia.That agreement was broken.

Simply awarding the label Russian Citizens to one side in a civil war does not give part ownership of Georgia to Russia. Russia has invaded a sovereign nation and is ignoring the cease fire it agreed too.

It was done so to insure that this does not happen ever again.The US invaded sovereign nations again and again over and over so give me a break with this.Germany was a sovereign nation in WW2 how about that?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

O'rly?

Thats not what the UN have recorded.

Security Council holds emergency meeting in response to Russian Federation's request as crisis escalates in South Ossetia, Georgia.

Nice to see we're still doing our homework here on ATS...
If in doubt, check first.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SIRR1

Dude you cant be serious.....Russia attack Georgia 08/08/08?????????????????Please wake up, even on Foax news was a diferent scenario....
Gergia attack Osetia where majority of population are Russians (why we dont bomb Georgia, like Serbia in Kosovo case?)

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

Indeed, what he said.

FOX news successfully defended their right to lie in a court of law. The judgment against them was overturned on appeal, I believe. So, the precedent that exists protects news organizations from being held accountable for lying to their viewers. They could run a story about an alien invasion, with fake video and all the bells and whistles, and even if it was found to be 100% demonstrably false, they would not be liable...

Their argument was that they provide entertainment, and are under no obligation to present factual news.

People deserve exactly what they get, if they're too lazy, stupid, and blind to see/smell such an enormous pile of bull#, even when it's thrown right in their face.

Thanks very much for the source of the precedant.

I never knew about that case, thank you much Wyrde One.

I agree totally with your feelings and stance, I am getting more convinced that this is the result of the recent Bilderberg meeting, the only way to stop global financial meltdown, and the excuse for re writting a new chapter in history.

This is why I did the ATS Thread Collection, on this topic, to try and get some factual sources and compare them.

What I cant understand though is how that precedant was set in the US by the News outlets. I thought America was the most litigeous nation on earth, surely someone would have taken one of the News Agencies to court, even if only a personal case, for mental anguish, or being affected by the lies in some way.

My god in America you can sue McDonalds for hundreds of thousands for buying a hot cup of tea (the way it should be!) but the news outlets can get away with this.

Shows IMHO the power and scope of the MSM lobby in America, and therefore most of the world.

Kind Regards,

A stunned Elf.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
CNN is always lying. The only facts they give are about celebrities.

CNN used the same tactics against China during the Tibetan riots. They showed Tibetans getting beat up by supposedly the Chinese army when it was in INDIA AND NAPAL.

SCREW YOU CNN. SCREW THE AMERICAN MEDIA. SCREW THE GULLIBILITY OF AMERICANS.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well the Russian Propaganda machine has jumped on this a bit now,

Biased broadcast? Moscow accuses U.S. TV of gagging victims' stories

can the news networks not come to light if the Russians push and push this point, this MSM and media spin could become the war before any true war escalates.

Kind regards,

Elf.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Why am i not surprise? since the beginning we have no idea why Russia invaded Georgia... They had to have done something not to go for Russia to take does measurement, but here in the states they dont want to say it, they just show Georgia as the poor little guy getting nail. if anyone nows why this is going on share it with us!!!

Just like 9/11 how sad! but at the same time great that they were able to get them in the act!!!! great find

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join