It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Caught Red Handed Falsely Using Footage To Vilify Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Most western media also falsified information regarding Tibet/China right before the olypmics as well. The only news one can trust is from alternative sources. Watching mainstream media will just subjucate you to more propoganda.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
So if this is indeed true then how do we get this information out to the masses? CNN isn't going to come right out and say they lied. And I seriously doubt any other MSM will do the same or tell on CNN. Because all the MSM I watched here in the states during this conflict were saying pretty much the same thing. So what do we do about this if we can do anything at all?

[edit on 17-8-2008 by Simon_Boudreaux]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Wow, if that don't take the cake.

Caught red handed trying to glitz up the story for the American people.

Trying to get the American people to get behind another lie???

You just cannot trust the media...period.

Thank God for websites such as this one.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simon_Boudreaux
So if this is indeed true then how do we get this information out to the masses? CNN isn't going to come right out and say they lied. And I seriously doubt any other MSM will do the same or tell on CNN. Because all the MSM I watched here in the states during this conflict were saying pretty much the same thing. So what do we do about this is we can do anything at all?

Well, if we had some people willing here on ATS we could create a flyer (17"x11") that told the truth, the whole story and the ATS comunity could post them on lightpoles, electric poles, the side of walls ect.

Of course we'd have to have an eye catching headline so people would actually stop and look.

What'd say? I think ATS should have a street team.

Of course we'd have to make sure that what we're posting isn't the really really fringe stuff (Reptillians, 2012, that sorta thing).

Actually, we should create said poster, but instead of giving the whole story, or what we know/think/believe, we could actually give a little bit of info to wet the pallet and have a link printed on the poster, to the topic here on ATS.

Skeptic Overlord, what do you think of this? I think if we had a section dedicated to this on the forum, we could have a moderator pick and choose which topic ahould be printed, then I or some other CG artist could create an eye catching poster to advertise the subject and create a pdf, one for 17" x 11" and one for 11" x 8 1/2". Then the poeple who are signed up on the ATS street team could be emailed the pdfs and they could post them around there own town.

What do you think?

-Jimmy

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by cashlink
Freedom of the press is almost gone.

Freedom of press is gone.

Thanks for posting the news article. Just goes to show you what kind of world we live in.

Peace,
FK

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This isn't the first time we've had trouble with CNN or other MSM outlets lying through their teeth, and not the first time on the Georgia conflict.

Take a look at this example which catches them trying to say the City of Gori was in ruins, again, trying to vilify Russia, when in fact it was, and still is, NOT.

CNN LIES AGAIN: "Gori in ruins"? You decide! (made by RussiaToday channel)

Russia's ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has dismissed media reports that the Georgian city of Gori is "in ruins." He called the allegations a "disinformation campaign" and pointed to the fact that Russian peacekeepers have in fact performed a humanitarian mission there.

Take a look at what CNN did to Michael Moore:

Michael Moore calls out CNN and Wolf Blitzer for the lying scum that they are.

CNN lied about Chinese reporting on the disruption of the Olympic Torch Relay:

BBC and a lot of western media keep lying by saying Chinese news does not report disruption in torch relay. I heard this line repeated several times in BBC and some Canadian news network. CNN claim "Chinese are unaware of what is happening". They could have said China is putting a positive light or twist but no, they said it is NOT reporting so Chinese are ignorant and have no idea what is going on.

This video shows an actual Chinese news reporting both side. The worse you can accuse them of is putting positive spin.

I've even had my run ins with the media conspiracy in my own reporting here on ATS:

Where is Ron Paul?

So wake up the sheeple one lamb's leg at a time.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Good find! I'm not a fan of CNN because I find it to be unapologetically biased and very liberal. I don't trust that they are reporting the news as it is - I believe they report events based on their spin of things.

I'll be interested to see how CNN tries to recreate reality to explain this situation they have created.

Jemison

I'm not a liberal, .. but could you please give me some bullet point examples of how CNN is liberal?? Just curious. I NEVER get that interpretation.

-

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SIRR1

Last time I checked, those burning heaps of metal were Georgian tanks that were hit with Russian missiles in the capital of South Ossetia.

You lose, action guy.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So thats CNN and the Photo's from AP

more spin than the Iraq second invasion......

You might find this helpful on there is the fake photos, Georgia*Russia*Poland Missile Defense Shield ATS Thread!

I will update with this thread

Is there not any Law in the US against News/Factual sources, from purposefully misleading?

Are any other of the media outlets jumping on it?

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

To put it simply, no; there is no law requiring news broadcasts to be truthful. The question became public during a whistle-blower case in Florida. Fox news was vindicated in that there is no liability for broadcasting a lie, knowingly, because the media has no obligation to present facts.

This departure from the journalism seems to manifest itself more blatantly and more frequently ever since the FCC allowed media ownership consolidation and eliminated the Fairness Doctrine.

What more can we say?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Indeed, what he said.

FOX news successfully defended their right to lie in a court of law. The judgment against them was overturned on appeal, I believe. So, the precedent that exists protects news organizations from being held accountable for lying to their viewers. They could run a story about an alien invasion, with fake video and all the bells and whistles, and even if it was found to be 100% demonstrably false, they would not be liable...

Their argument was that they provide entertainment, and are under no obligation to present factual news.

I'm disgusted with the state of television news in this country. So disgusted, in fact, I haven't tuned in to the news in years. I refuse to give their dog and pony show my support via ratings.

For anyone who is paying attention, this Russia/Georgia debacle is the most blatant example of false news and organized propaganda we've ever seen. It is, without a doubt, the largest media manipulation in recent memory. I read A LOT of news, and I'm astounded to see all the media outlets in lock-step on this issue. Russia=Bad, Georgia=Good, as if it was all so simple you could explain it with stick figure drawings.

It's disgusting, and shameful.

You want to know what shames us even more than the deplorable state of our news? The way people eat it up like it was coated in chocolate. It's revolting.

People deserve exactly what they get, if they're too lazy, stupid, and blind to see/smell such an enormous pile of bull#, even when it's thrown right in their face.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
...because the media has no obligation to present facts.

What more can we say?

There's a moral obligation.

If the MEDIA has no obligation to present facts, then who in their right mind would believe them? Maybe in addition to denying ignorance we need to start denying government controlled MSM.

People's lives depend on it, however small that dependency is.

edit to add:

Here is an additional Russia Today video of their take on the Fox channel video:

www.russiatoday.com...

They are accusing Fox of cutting her off deliberately when the 12 year old was thanking Russia, and when the statement was made about Georgia starting this war. I agree with those accusations. But no surprise here. He's obviously learned well from Sean Hannity.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
CNN tells a lie. And that surprises you?
First of all, Cable AND Network news ISN'T news- it's entertainment. It's all about RATINGS. If they just told the plain old news, it would bore most sheeple, and they'd stop watching.
Unfortunately, the news has become what most people want- they VOTE for it every time they turn on such trash, and watch the news. Ratings go up, and the news shows respond by giving them more of the same. If ratings go down, then sponsors cancel their commercials, the station loses money, people lose jobs, etc. etc. etc. Welcome to Corporate America.
It's no different in Russia, or Europe, by the way. All you have to do is watch their news shows to understand that.
I would be more concerned with Russia's intentions of trying to restore the old Soviet borders. All you have to do is look at the moves that they've made in the last 6 months to see what is going on. The Cold War is returning, folks, like it or not, and there isn't much anyone can do to stop it.
Again, you have to keep your eye on the ball- the corporate ball. The military-industrial complex loved the Cold War, and will LOVE it again. It keeps all the arms manufacturers in business, and all that money flowing into the corporate coffers.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Great find!!

Just another bit of truth for people to chew on

DON'T TRUST CNN (or Fox News)

anyone who still buys the crap that elitist crap is just another fish being reeled in.

Russia is just trying to do what AMERICA is SUPPOSED TO DO

to bad it gets twisted by the time it gets to this side of the planet

cnn and fox are just disinfo nutcrackers

DON'T TRUST THEM

EVER

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by goukilock

yes, my grammer sucks, so let's get past it

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The Russians did it! WMD, terror attacks, the Hindenburg disaster, the Lindberg kidnapping. Osama, the Kennedy assasination , etc.. You name it they did it. They are also responsible for the fall of Troy.
Excuse me I watch Faux news.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Im not surprised in the least, The news is like hollywood, Their not out to tell the truth, their out to entertain, get ratings and make money.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
I would be more concerned with Russia's intentions of trying to restore the old Soviet borders. All you have to do is look at the moves that they've made in the last 6 months to see what is going on. The Cold War is returning, folks, like it or not, and there isn't much anyone can do to stop it.

Yeah well the bullets and bombs that leveled Tskhinvali didn't come with the Cold War attached, or Russian intent to reunify its borders. They were ice hot and murdered like 1,600 ethnic Ossetian people. And someone had to do something. Fast. Not sit around and wait for a bunch of politicians to return from vacations all tanned and drunk while another 2,000 died.

The only borders Russia has pursued since this massacre are the protection of South Ossetia and Abkhazia, which is reasonable when a 95% vote of those people yielded Russian devotion and citizenship.

I don't think Poland, Ukraine, or any of the other breakaway states have much to worry about from Russia as long as they don't pull a Georgia- and they are probably in the long run better off NOT joining NATO- for all our sakes. Another skirmish like this with a NATO state could be real bad news and drag us all into a war to end all wars.

[edit on 17-8-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Here is an additional Russia Today video of their take on the Fox channel video:

www.russiatoday.com...

They are accusing Fox of cutting her off deliberately when the 12 year old was thanking Russia, and when the statement was made about Georgia starting this war. I agree with those accusations. But no surprise here. He's obviously learned well from Sean Hannity.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by TrueAmerican]

I have an issue with this, the 12 year old was never cut off from her thanking the Russians. What bothers me is the constant accusation that she was cut off when in fact it was her aunt that was cut off. The 12 year old should not even be mentioned, "learned well from from Hannity I assume". meh

This needs to be clarified that the aunt was cut off in her observation as to the events pertaining their story. Not the 12 year old. I believe mentioning her is to psychologically make people feel sorry...

The interview
I regret using Youtube as a source but it is unedited so I feel it serves a purpose.

Anyone associating the 12 year olds thoughts of Russia being the good guy is blind to the fact she is a child, easy to manipulate and easy to coach in script. When asked if bombs were going off during the trip to her Uncles home the subject of the question was ignored and she went on her rant that they were running from Georgian troops. Really... So now a 12 year old girl can tell who is lobbing bombs at her? Please...

Nobody knows the truth, there is no factual media to put facts together at the moment. As much as I despised using a Youtube link to show the truth. The fact remains using Youtube as a source of truth is ignorant when its edited drivel that anyone could have uploaded.

The idea that so many people see Russia as the good guy in this is scary.

EDIT: missed a space

[edit on 17-8-2008 by rightuos]

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

HOLY EFFING CRAP!!! That video you posted that starts out as a CNN sitdown with the Georgian president... am I to understand that a news crew was with the Georgian's when they fired upon the Russian fighter jets & brought one down and that is what is shown on that video? That was incredible. Was this piece of footage already linked in the ridiculously huge Georgia/Russia thread? If so, there is a perfect example of the kinds of highly important news items completely missed when threads are allowed to become that huge instead of being broken up or at least summarized every 10 pages or so...

Oh, and CNN lying? Get out of town! You could have knocked me down with a feather over that news. Imagine a network with such integrity as CNN stoopi... oh, wait... it's CNN, the "news" network formerly owned by Ted Turner who was so liberal he forbid the usage of the word "foreign" on any of his networks, including CNN... I'm not in the least surprised by anything they do, unless they actually started reporting news sans bias and sensationalism, THAT would surprise me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join