It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Welcomes Russian Peace Moves

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Bush Welcomes Russian Peace Moves

online.wsj.com

CRAWFORD, Tex. -- President Bush welcomed Russia's acceptance of new peace terms for war-torn Georgia, calling it "a hopeful step" in winding down Russian military activity across the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I read this article, but for some reason I just don't see this as "Peace Moves". Is it just me???

Marilyn~

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well, the Russian troops havent really gone anywhere. they are just repositioning themselves and about 2 hours ago they blew up one of the main bridges in Tbsilli.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is exactly what the US President should say if he wants world opinion to accept that he is not the aggressor in the event of further war and conflict with Russia over the Georgian issue, Poland, or Iran. While his actions aimed at the Russians seem more in-line with provoking them.

Also, it is a way to claim some measure of victory, by saying this it makes it appear as if the Russians are backing down under orders from the white house, and their stance on the Georgian issue in the press against the US public position on the issues.

Bush, is perhaps more clever than I thought.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Just a correction, the bridge is not in Tbilisi.

You probably wanted to say "one of the main bridges in Georgia", right?

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012

Bush, is perhaps more clever than I thought.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by The_Alarmist2012]

I doubt that! He just has some people close to him telling him what to say and what is going on...I doubt if he knows a whole lot of anything.

I don't see peace coming with any of this. All I keep hearing is how the US is telling Russia what to do, while Russia is doing exactly what they want to do. This all seems to me to be heading down a very dangerous slope.

Not to change the subject of my own thread, but I have read some of the things McCain has been saying about all this, but has anyone heard anything about what obama has to say?

Marilyn~

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marilyn
Not to change the subject of my own thread, but I have read some of the things McCain has been saying about all this, but has anyone heard anything about what obama has to say?

Marilyn~

I can hear the speech from Obama now... The day that the Russians dropped one bomb on Georgia, and how the evil Russians are going to reclaim all 57 states of the former soviet union, But we Americans can offer the Georgian people hope, a promise of change. As long as they show up to vote for me, they are our friends and we should support them.

new topics

top topics

join